UPDATE: Calais Campbell back after missing nearly two weeks

pwny

A guy like Calais, I'm really not too worried if he's being eased into things. Consummate pro who will be ready when called upon. I'd rather they take precautions than have him deal with and reaggravate whatever it is throughout the season.

4 minutes ago, VLoo said:

A guy like Calais, I'm really not too worried if he's being eased into things. Consummate pro who will be ready when called upon. I'd rather they take precautions than have him deal with and reaggravate whatever it is throughout the season.

Agree with you here. Doesnt sound serious but more so just being careful. Smart to do with an elite vet imo.

6 hours ago, VLoo said:

Yeah, it'll be fine.  Guy with pedigree like Julius coming in here, he knows what he's doing.  Doesn't matter if he misses a few early practices, he'll be there when it matters.

I feel like i've heard this before.

5 minutes ago, VLoo said:

Julius had an injury history, Calais doesn't. Maybe it's revisionist history in my own head, but I don't think I would have felt the same with him as I do with Calais.

A lot of people did brush off the injuries to Julius.

Hopefully this is nothing and just precautionary. Even though Campbell doesn’t have an injury history, he is 30 years old where injuries might start becoming a problem even for an otherwise healthy player.

On 8/3/2017 at 8:39 AM, iPwn said:

A lot of people did brush off the injuries to Julius.

Hopefully this is nothing and just precautionary. Even though Campbell doesn’t have an injury history, he is 30 years old where injuries might start becoming a problem even for an otherwise healthy player.

Yeah.  Hopefully that's not what's happening here with him getting older.  We need that big investment to be a good one.

It's not even just age though.  Players are always banged up in the NFL.  There's a fire to push through that some players have when they're in a winning situation especially.  They'll play through injuries, pain, bumps and bruises.  That doesn't always translate when you see guys "cash out" and land on what is...undeniably a team that hasn't been competitive for years, with a losing culture permeating the room.

We all hope they shake that, and they've certainly talked at length about it.  But it doesn't even have to be a Julius level flake to get sucked down into that garbage team mentality.

Archived