Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iPwn

UPDATE: Calais Campbell back after missing nearly two weeks

15 posts in this topic

iPwn    170

Not the best way to start camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iPwn    170

Three practices now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VLoo    4

A guy like Calais, I'm really not too worried if he's being eased into things. Consummate pro who will be ready when called upon. I'd rather they take precautions than have him deal with and reaggravate whatever it is throughout the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.Buzz    47
4 minutes ago, VLoo said:

A guy like Calais, I'm really not too worried if he's being eased into things. Consummate pro who will be ready when called upon. I'd rather they take precautions than have him deal with and reaggravate whatever it is throughout the season.

Agree with you here. Doesnt sound serious but more so just being careful. Smart to do with an elite vet imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iPwn    170

But he’s missing a leg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tugboat    21
6 hours ago, VLoo said:

A guy like Calais, I'm really not too worried if he's being eased into things. Consummate pro who will be ready when called upon. I'd rather they take precautions than have him deal with and reaggravate whatever it is throughout the season.

Yeah, it'll be fine.  Guy with pedigree like Julius coming in here, he knows what he's doing.  Doesn't matter if he misses a few early practices, he'll be there when it matters.

 

 

...

 

 

...

 

 

...

 

 

I feel like i've heard this before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VLoo    4

Julius had an injury history, Calais doesn't. Maybe it's revisionist history in my own head, but I don't think I would have felt the same with him as I do with Calais.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iPwn    170
5 minutes ago, VLoo said:

Julius had an injury history, Calais doesn't. Maybe it's revisionist history in my own head, but I don't think I would have felt the same with him as I do with Calais.

A lot of people did brush off the injuries to Julius.

Hopefully this is nothing and just precautionary. Even though Campbell doesn’t have an injury history, he is 30 years old where injuries might start becoming a problem even for an otherwise healthy player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tugboat    21
On 8/3/2017 at 8:39 AM, iPwn said:

A lot of people did brush off the injuries to Julius.

Hopefully this is nothing and just precautionary. Even though Campbell doesn’t have an injury history, he is 30 years old where injuries might start becoming a problem even for an otherwise healthy player.

Yeah.  Hopefully that's not what's happening here with him getting older.  We need that big investment to be a good one.

It's not even just age though.  Players are always banged up in the NFL.  There's a fire to push through that some players have when they're in a winning situation especially.  They'll play through injuries, pain, bumps and bruises.  That doesn't always translate when you see guys "cash out" and land on what is...undeniably a team that hasn't been competitive for years, with a losing culture permeating the room.

We all hope they shake that, and they've certainly talked at length about it.  But it doesn't even have to be a Julius level flake to get sucked down into that garbage team mentality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.Buzz    47

Was never worried. Hes a stud and has been in the league forever. No need for him to risk it in TC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jags    11

He should be ready for the opener and hopefully he performs at the high standard he has since 08. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×