Kirk Cousins to Denver do we want this to happen?

valkrei

Heck no!

A competent qb helps bring that D back up a notch, in addition to whatever offensive improvement. I'd rather see them fail at drafting a guy again and then hopefully wave goodbye to Elway in three years when they have to totally rebuild. 

12 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Meh. It's not like Peyton Manning to Denver was. More like Alex Smith to the Chiefs.

J

I tend to lean more this way. While I want then to keep the clowns in their QB circus but if they were to land Cousins it doesn't necessarily mean that they have a clear path for the AFC West crown. On offense their line isn't top notch, not much of a RB, Sanders seems to be hurt a lot, DT looks disinterested (could change if they got Cousins) not sure what they have with Butt. That D is dominant, at times, but certain cogs are aging and/or on their way out of town.

3 hours ago, starbarkc said:

Heck no!

A competent qb helps bring that D back up a notch, in addition to whatever offensive improvement. I'd rather see them fail at drafting a guy again and then hopefully wave goodbye to Elway in three years when they have to totally rebuild. 

On the flip side, Cousins brings them up enough that Elway doesn’t leave and we get to see him keep drafting?

I really don’t care either way. Cousins doesn’t scare me all that much even if he is a good QB

Cousin's is a know quantity.  There's a book on him.  Drafting a QBOF might be in their best interest but will set them back a couple years...generally. I think we take care of business and just get better...control what we can control and just be better at it than competitors....jus sayin.

Archived