Top 3 wish list for 19

resilient part 2

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Also, obviously my list does bend towards what we need. It's why I don't have any QBs or RBs there or CBs, for that matter. 

At 19 we are in a decent spot for our bigger needs to meet the value and opportunity for what is available. There should be one of the top two safeties top two guards or top two receivers available. The depth of the QB class, the needs of the teams ahead, and the availability of Barkley all play in our favor. One of the top players at a position of need should slide right on down to us.

Id ads linebacker to that, but many teams between us and the top 10 have needs for linebackers. 

Should still play out well for Dallas.

54 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Sorry to seem like a jerk and nitpick - But theres like 3 or 4 guys listed here I dont even view as first round guys. If this team wasnt so lacking at the nose, would we even objectively view Vea as a first rounder? Look at Billings a couple years ago and the eventual slide he took because he was, essentially, a low value position player despite being an athletic freak. Those vince wilfork types, playing at the nose, arent a high value position anymore. 

As for the ones listed that I dont think are really first round guys...Vea is one, Moore, Vander Esch and Daniels are the others. 

Billings had a serious medical issue that dropped. Had nothing to do with his position and role.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Billings had a serious medical issue that dropped. Had nothing to do with his position and role.

Fair, but even then he fell very far. And his position as a whole still has lost a tremendous amount of value year after year. You rarely see any taken in the top 20/25 anymore, which is usually the amount of first round tagged guys there are each draft. 

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Damn I know there are some good potential O=lineman at 19, but I would hate to see us put so much investment into one area of the team. 

I really want the best DT, edge rusher or WR at 19. There will be some really good value there as well.

Problem is that the guard spot really hurt us too often. That guy we put in halfway through, forget his name, did admirable at times, but shaky protection and inconsistent push held back what was once this teams biggest strength. Short of signing that guy from Carolina, I dont see many quality guards out there either. 

And do we really want to develop a guy for a year or two and go through more of what we saw this past season?

Though, id say, highly unlikely the team selects a guard at 19. Maybe if they traded back. But I cant see this front office picking another OL early unless it is just straight up above all else the single best footballer left, or again, if they trade back.

They do need to figure out this guard position, though. Fredrick and Tyron both didnt look the same without that tough guy bulldozer balancing out their finesse, either.

17 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Damn I know there are some good potential O=lineman at 19, but I would hate to see us put so much investment into one area of the team. 

I do agree with that, although I like some of the OL that could be available at that spot.  I am leaning towards defensive players in our spot, though I would not mind a receiver like James Washington (my personal favorite WR prospect).

Wish list for me is:

1. Roquan Smith

2. Tremanine Edmunds

3. Vita Vea

10 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I don't think you're getting Hernandez in the 2nd-3rd at this point

Perhaps not, given how he performed at the combine. If the DTs are gone (or if the possibility of getting Hurst in the 2nd due to his medical eval), I wouldn’t complain with Hernandez in the 1st IF the value is there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived