combine talk

Pandomonium

Calvin Ridley kind of went stock up for me. Still don't love him for us, but wouldn't hate it. He got bigger too, which is nice to see. I had concerns about being able to put on weight and not lose speed. I think he was being weighed in at 190 in Bamas site. 

@oldman9er has been preaching Chark and i'm listening now. Would have no issue with him at the end of the second, and getting him in the third would feel like a steal.  I also think there is something to be said about schools producing players consistently at one position. 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thought Roquan's 4.52 was slower than you thought it would be? That's a damn good time. Matches up well with most RBs and WRs. 

Yeah, I made a mention that I thought it was funny because that's a perfectly good time, but it's just going to be "blah" compared to what he was up against in Griffin and Carter (and Edmunds, who ran a little slower but is bigger) 

Love Edmunds and Griffin. Smith would make me happy as well, but I'm leaning more toward the previous two.

Also, while I still do not like the idea of drafting a RB in the 1st, Barkley impressed me on TV. Not as much in the drills/physical tests as much as interview. The guy is composed and articulate! 

I was seriously disappointed  in Tavares Mccfadden's 40 time I thought he would run in at least the low 4.5's to high 4.4s 

I am impressed with Josh Jackson's first 40 run, although I think that his second running was more of a "one off" than his real speed.

On 3/4/2018 at 3:53 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thought Roquan's 4.52 was slower than you thought it would be? That's a damn good time. Matches up well with most RBs and WRs. 

yeah I really thought he'd be in the 4.45 to 4.49 range as fast as he plays

but don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a snail by any stretch of the imagination

I know Smith and Edmunds have been mocked to us, but how does Smith really fall into our future? I thought he could only play the MIKE or better fit the position, but we have Foster. Are they already writing him off (pending the arrest) or can Foster fill in else where, if needed? Thats why I'm hesitant that we are going LB in the first unless we go after Edmunds.

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

I know Smith and Edmunds have been mocked to us, but how does Smith really fall into our future? I thought he could only play the MIKE or better fit the position, but we have Foster. Are they already writing him off (pending the arrest) or can Foster fill in else where, if needed? Thats why I'm hesitant that we are going LB in the first unless we go after Edmunds.

The ideal fit for Roquan would be WILL, though I think he could play MIKE. 

54 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Changing your stance a bit eh???? 

Not really, I said the same during the last discussion before the combine. 

Oh, if we are chucking Foster out the window (well, you know what I mean...not chucking him out the window, but as you said, not counting on him lol), then yeah, I don't mind giving Roquan a shot at the MIKE spot. 

I don't love him at Mike,  but he can probably play it. Not getting his best though. With foster in lineup he's WILL exclusively in our defense. If foster is out, he can fill in but I'd probably still prefer him at WILL while bringing someone else in to play MIKE. 

Archived