Moretti's combine mock

moretti19

Currently at work on overnight duty so thought I would do a combine mock. 

Restructure:

Jordy Nelson (4 million saving)

Resign:

Jahri Evans: I thought he played great, very reliable and smart veteran.

Quinto Dial: Big rotation man

Davon House: Good depth player and vet presence, will be a good third boundary corner.

Ahmad Brooks: Brought back on a 1 year vet deal, if healthy I think he stll has gas in the tank

Cut:

Randall Cobb: He has not been able to stay healthy and has lost his quickness. Even though he is young, I do not think he is worth the $$.

Free Agents:

Kyle Fuller: Big splash, proven young talented corner. (4yr 53mil)

f5k99xhh19e3kgqfyjygnr617909zka

Alex Okafor: Was having a great season before his injury. Adds proven pass rush capabilities. (2yr 16 mill)

Alex-Okafor-featuredv.jpg

Tyler Eifert: 1 year prove it deal incentive base. just cleared medical and is extreme boom or bust. (1 yr 9 mil)

usa_today_9643073.0.jpg

Draft

1st-14  2nd-45  3rd-76  4th-114  4th-133  5th-150  5th-172  5th-174  6th-186  6th-207  7th-232  7th-239

1st: Derwin James*, S, Florida State 

xrj8nemuksvulwaqn96k

RD 2:  Lorenzo Carter, 3-4OLB, Georgia

1505184044_Lorenzo_t755_hd973e9cdcb2cb9c

Trade: We trade our 3rd(76) 4th(114) and 6th 207 to move to mid 2nd round.

LSU_logo.gif D.J. Chark, WR, LSU 

636103559599620376-LSU-Auburn-Football-F

4th 133

Antonio Callaway*, WR, Florida 

os-gators-antonio-callaway-sexual-assaul

5th 150

Tony Brown, CB, Alabama 

635870875271243887-GTY-500106270-7808347

5th 172

Brett Toth, OT, Army 

5a5f9ebcc9845.image.jpg?resize=1200,978

5th 174

Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State 

7-13-17_Rashaad_Penny_589x.jpg

6th 186:

Poona Ford, DT, Texas 

september-2016-texas-dt-poona-ford-is-bl

7th

Brendan Mahon, OT/G, Penn State

j8flL0jd_400x400.jpg

Too many WR's chosen. I like Chark after today's performance, but no way will he be available in the 3rd. I like the Carter and Toth picks actually. I'd kick Toth inside to Guard and have him flex along the right side of the OL. Not enough pass rushers selected either and the Fuller deal with waaaay over what he's worth.

I think ward is going top ten now probably to the bears. With cutting Cobb and letting Janis go we can bring in two receivers and they both probably would play. Chalk was a trade up to the 2nd round. We would have clay, perry,, orakpo and carter for rushers

15 hours ago, Joe said:

Too many WR's chosen. I like Chark after today's performance, but no way will he be available in the 3rd. I like the Carter and Toth picks actually. I'd kick Toth inside to Guard and have him flex along the right side of the OL. Not enough pass rushers selected either and the Fuller deal with waaaay over what he's worth.

GMTA

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I may be incorrect but I have a gut feeling Jordy and Cobb will be back on their current contracts.  

You may be right on -- but that mandates that somebody out of the Allison, Davis, Janis (? Dare I mention his name in this regard) - Yancy and/or Clark STEP UP this year. Unless we're counting on - what everybody says is impossible - that a drafted WR will have an impact his rookie season - cause 2019 is looking kinda meager at the WR position right about now IMO.

51 minutes ago, Leader said:

You may be right on -- but that mandates that somebody out of the Allison, Davis, Janis (? Dare I mention his name in this regard) - Yancy and/or Clark STEP UP this year. Unless we're counting on - what everybody says is impossible - that a drafted WR will have an impact his rookie season - cause 2019 is looking kinda meager at the WR position right about now IMO.

This is why I believe Cobb and Nelson will not be going anywhere this year.

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Eifert would be great but will he be too rich for Gutey's blood?

Hard to say, this is his first year signing free agents. In his press conference at the combine he sounded as if we are going to be active in the free agency market.

Archived