Rams Pick at 23

goldfishwars

My first choice is Key. Even with Quinn I’d want Key on the opposite side. He had a down season but the season before that he showed how great he can be. Following the LSU program, Key has what it takes to be great. I don’t understand why people are so down on him. I don’t think he falls to 23 but if he does I’d love for the Rams to draft him.

Outside of Key, my second choice is McGlinchey. I think the Rams need to find the future for Whitworth who is soon to be 36yrs old. McGlinchey is talented and I personally don’t think the Rams have a legit shot at him. He is going top 15, maybe top 10. If by some chance he falls the Rams have to strongly consider him and I wouldn’t mind if they took him.

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

My first choice is Key. Even with Quinn I’d want Key on the opposite side. He had a down season but the season before that he showed how great he can be. Following the LSU program, Key has what it takes to be great. I don’t understand why people are so down on him. I don’t think he falls to 23 but if he does I’d love for the Rams to draft him.

Because he's a lazy headcase who loafed it in 2017 and didn't keep his weight under control.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Because he's a lazy headcase who loafed it in 2017 and didn't keep his weight under control.

I know how good Key is. Just like Poe coming out of Memphis. People questioned his dedication because at times he would look like a force then at times he would disappear. That was not only week to week but quarter to quarter with a game. He came into the league and played very well and nobody has questioned his dedication again. So I hope Key falls and the Rams draft him because he will be one heck of a get. 

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I know how good Key is. Just like Poe coming out of Memphis. People questioned his dedication because at times he would look like a force then at times he would disappear. That was not only week to week but quarter to quarter with a game. He came into the league and played very well and nobody has questioned his dedication again. So I hope Key falls and the Rams draft him because he will be one heck of a get. 

No, that's not it. That's not it at all. He's more like Robert Nkemdiche. People question his dedication, motor, and character because they are legitimate red flags. Nobody questions his talent, but talent only takes you so far if you won't work for it. Key's weight, conditioning, and effort were huge problems in 2017. His dedication deserves to be questioned. Give me Harold Landry over Key.

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, that's not it. That's not it at all. He's more like Robert Nkemdiche. People question his dedication, motor, and character because they are legitimate red flags. Nobody questions his talent, but talent only takes you so far if you won't work for it. Key's weight, conditioning, and effort were huge problems in 2017. His dedication deserves to be questioned. Give me Harold Landry over Key.

I’m intrigued with Harold too. I’ve watched nearly every LSU game (I follow the team) to know what my eyes tell me about Key on the field. I think the rest of any concerns that someone might have can be fixed. I think if he goes to the right team, he will be less of a Nkemdiche (in your mind) or even Mingo (the most recent LSU highest EDGE) and be more of the guy who actually performs to the level of his talent.

Ill also add that I usually don’t pound the table for the Rams to draft LSU players high in the draft. The last guy I really wanted the Rams to take was Brockers. I actually predicted one of the options I saw the Rams doing that draft was trading down and taking Brockers. A lot of Rams fans didn’t like that idea. I told people Brockers was going to be a force. He came in a just a pure run defender but he has developed into a good pass rusher too. Like I knew he was going to be that impact player and that’s why I wanted the Rams to draft him. So with Key, like I’m pounding the table for the Rams to draft him. 

16 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I’m intrigued with Harold too. I’ve watched nearly every LSU game (I follow the team) to know what my eyes tell me about Key on the field. I think the rest of any concerns that someone might have can be fixed. I think if he goes to the right team, he will be less of a Nkemdiche (in your mind) or even Mingo (the most recent LSU highest EDGE) and be more of the guy who actually performs to the level of his talent.

Ill also add that I usually don’t pound the table for the Rams to draft LSU players high in the draft. The last guy I really wanted the Rams to take was Brockers. I actually predicted one of the options I saw the Rams doing that draft was trading down and taking Brockers. A lot of Rams fans didn’t like that idea. I told people Brockers was going to be a force. He came in a just a pure run defender but he has developed into a good pass rusher too. Like I knew he was going to be that impact player and that’s why I wanted the Rams to draft him. So with Key, like I’m pounding the table for the Rams to draft him. 

Harold Landry has better film, better intangibles, and blew him away at the Combine today.

12 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

We can only dream Landry will drop this far on draft day

Really? I think the 18-25 range is exactly where Landry is looking like he will go at this point. Davenport? Edmunds? Yes I would say it would be a pipedream, but Landry? I think it is likely he would be there, and just as likely we would pass on him

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Really? I think the 18-25 range is exactly where Landry is looking like he will go at this point. Davenport? Edmunds? Yes I would say it would be a pipedream, but Landry? I think it is likely he would be there, and just as likely we would pass on him

Think position scarcity (in free agency and draft) boosts him to the next tier. It's a draft for need league. Similarly to how Davis, Williams (lol), and Ross were all top ten picks in the last draft.

1 minute ago, chris00cm said:

Think position scarcity (in free agency and draft) boosts him to the next tier. It's a draft for need league. Similarly to how Davis, Williams (lol), and Ross were all first round picks in the last draft.

I think you are overestimating here. There are already a handfull of guys in front of him depending on how you categorize Edge Rushers. Position scarcity doesnt really effect your top 25-40 picks as much as it does later in the draft, those are your top prospects. Maybe some GMs go rogue every once in a while. 

Im not saying Landry wont go in front of us, Im just saying he isnt a Top 10/15 talent so if we was available at #23, it wouldnt be some shocker.

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Harold Landry has better film, better intangibles, and blew him away at the Combine today.

He is definitely someone I am keeping an eye on. But Im also very intrigued by both Vander Esch and Evans as potential LB fits for us.

I think we can agree that OLB, CB, ILB, and possibly OT would be the 4 narrowed down positions that we are looking at in that order. FA will likely change the pecking order of this list, but that seems to be the top 4. I personally think we bring in another CB via FA (talib, butler, Claiborne, amukamura,etc) and I'm likely to believe Tru is gone. Below are some prospects at 23 I think we should consider:

Harold Landry OLB

Joshua Jackson CB

Leighton Vander Esch ILB

Rashaan Evans ILB

Sam Hubbard OLB

I personally am on board with Landry if we stay at 23 or Hubbard if we trade back later in the first. I do think we bring in an OLB like a Trent Murphy to be rotational.

Archived