2018 1st Round Mock Draft (no trades)

IdigtheRaiders!

On 04/03/2018 at 12:40 AM, IdigtheRaiders! said:

10.  Oakland Raiders: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

I humbly think Edmunds, Payne, Smith, Ward or even Davenport would be a better pick for the Raiders. Will Hernandez to JAX, that is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Version #3 is posted.

Version 1 and 2 were much much better for the Falcons than version 3.   Even more so considering Sutton isn't even the #3 type of WR we need we are replacing Taylor Gabriel as the speedier slot WR.  Sutton would be a status quo of what we already have in Julio and Sanu which does us no good because neither of them are moving from #1 or 2 WR.   Now if Sutton somehow dropped to the 3rd round then you almost have to take him as a pure BPA talent at that point but in the 1st round you take true needs that are = talent to or better than sutton.

I would stick with Maurice Hurst here at DT even in version 3 or maybe a bigger SDE like Sam Hubbard to compliment Beasley and Takk.    I personally in this exact situation would find a trade down for someone needing a player or position worth of it there and target some good 2nd round DT's like Tim Settle or B.J. Hill and picking up a 3rd rounder to boot.  Now if you think Hurst might fall out of round 1 then a trade down and taking him would be an ideal scenario for the Falcons overall.

Archived