De Shone a Chief?

brooks1957

7 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

This will be a huge mistake when in two years the Cheifs flip him for a high second plus or a late 1st. Kids got talent. Andy Reid will fix him. Make him look damn good and we’ll regret it 

That is exactly why I want to hold onto him. Absolutely no reason to think that can't happen here under Zampese.

There's really no point in trading for him, as we'd likely get a sixth or seventh round pick at the very most. I don't think DeShone has a future as a starter in this league, but we might as well keep him as the third QB. The only way I'd be fine with completely getting rid of him is if the front office and coaching staff wanted to have two vets in the QB room to go along with a rookie. Otherwise, we might as well keep him. He certainly has the physical tools, but I question if he'll ever mentally get there or if his accuracy will improve enough. He's young and wasn't in an ideal situation last year, but he made so many dumb decisions on a consistent basis. I've never seen a QB, rookie or not, make so many awful decisions so frequently. I just have a hard time fathoming that he'll ever become successful in the league, but it's not impossible.

Archived