Aaron Rodgers and new contract

Golfman

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Did I say they were chronic recurring injuries? 

When I use sources, they're legitimate and I say who they are.  You must have me confused with someone else. 

Yes you sure implied that when you said he was coming off them. Collar bones heal 100% after a break.

I have no idea what you're talking about with twitter and you're the one who brought twitter up, so the confusion is on your end.

1 hour ago, ArthurPensky said:

Yes you sure implied that when you said he was coming off them. Collar bones heal 100% after a break.

Medical science disagrees with your statement.

http://boneandspine.com/non-union-of-clavicle-fracture/

Non union of clavicle fracture is  a complication especially in type II distal clavicle fracture. Most of the nonunions may are asymptomatic but when symptomatic, it and can cause significant disability.  The nonunion rate has been reported to be between 0.1% and 15%.

*checks the board for the first time in awhile* 

Ah, I see Horizon is still at DEFCON 1 with just about every post he makes. Good to know. Trade the next 4-5 years of still prime Rodgers for the hopes we can get a third QB on the level of our last two. That would indeed be one hell of a swing. Better hope that bat makes contact or else the dark days of Packers football will return and make last season look like a playoff team. 

Meanwhile, Rodgers probably has at least a ring or two with another team. Yippie.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Medical science disagrees with your statement.

http://boneandspine.com/non-union-of-clavicle-fracture/

Non union of clavicle fracture is  a complication especially in type II distal clavicle fracture. Most of the nonunions may are asymptomatic but when symptomatic, it and can cause significant disability.  The nonunion rate has been reported to be between 0.1% and 15%.

I have a feeling you’re not an orthopedist and googled that and copied and pasted it in an attempt to look educated on the topic. Aka a WEBMD armchair internet doc.

On the other hand, everything I read on Rodgers reinjry and healing was from experts, aka orthopedic surgeons, so if you happen to be a renown orthopedic surgeon who knows more than them or something, kudos.

1 hour ago, ArthurPensky said:

I have a feeling you’re not an orthopedist and googled that and copied and pasted it in an attempt to look educated on the topic. Aka a WEBMD armchair internet doc.

On the other hand, everything I read on Rodgers reinjry and healing was from experts, aka orthopedic surgeons, so if you happen to be a renown orthopedic surgeon who knows more than them or something, kudos.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00264-016-3120-8

Results

The overall nonunion rate was 7.5 %. Nine nonunions were initially treated operatively. Risk factors associated with nonunion of our series was anatomic site, fracture complexity, female gender, smoking habits and initial treatment. A total of eight post-operative complications were found. Remission of symptoms was reported by 29 of the 33. Outright satisfaction with current shoulder condition was reported by 24. The overall median DASH was 8 (range 0–61). Following revision of the eight complications a total of 53 united successfully.

Conclusion

Operative treatment of a clavicular nonunion seems to be effective as most patients unite and experience remission of symptoms. However, complications in close to 15 % and lack of satisfaction of approximately 27 % have to be acknowledged and thoroughly explained to the patient prior to treatment.

Aaron is at risk for further injury.  They inserted 2 plates and 13 screws.  This reduces the ability of the bone to flex upon impact.  In other words if he is more susceptible to re-breaking that same collar bone again.  We don't want him to take hits on that shoulder.   Read up on it extensively.  This is the most concerning thing.  In breaks such as his nerve and muscle damage can occur but haven't heard anything to this affect regarding Aaron.  I'll repeat this was not a minor injury.  It really sucked.   We haven't seen him since Carolina and he was pretty terrible  Wasn't ready.  As fans we haven't seen a healthy Aaron take the field yet.  Packers probably have a good idea but still would like him to get a few regular season games under his belt before forking over the largest contract in NFL history.  Make sure Aaron is still Aaron.   I hope he is but unlike everyone else I want to see it first. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think the way you and I get treated by a doc for a broken collarbone and a 9 figure face of a multi billion dollar net worth NFL franchise is slightly different.

I think your human physiology and my physiology is not that vastly different than anyone else, including Aaron Rodgers.  I will grant you significant medical health issues will make healing different for some.  

The statement was made that collarbones heal 100% of the time.  The medical literature would state otherwise.  Arguing from an extreme place of facts (that are false) is not a good place to go.   

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think your human physiology and my physiology is not that vastly different than anyone else, including Aaron Rodgers.  I will grant you significant medical health issues will make healing different for some.  

The statement was made that collarbones heal 100% of the time.  The medical literature would state otherwise.  Arguing from an extreme place of facts (that are false) is not a good place to go.   

I'd be willing to bet a small fortune you or I wouldn't have gotten the double plated what was it 13 screws fix that Rodgers got. Nor would we spend the months afterward hooked up to bone stimulators with highly paid physicians and trainers looking after us.

I don't think even athletes hit a full 100% but comparing the common man's success rate to athletes is pointless as no insurance company would allow us the round the clock treatment and cutting edge science these guys get.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd be willing to bet a small fortune you or I wouldn't have gotten the double plated what was it 13 screws fix that Rodgers got. Nor would we spend the months afterward hooked up to bone stimulators with highly paid physicians and trainers looking after us.

I don't think even athletes hit a full 100% but comparing the common man's success rate to athletes is pointless as no insurance company would allow us the round the clock treatment and cutting edge science these guys get.

The double plated and 13 screws are based on the fracture size, location, number of pieces.  That is not a level of $$ or status that gets more plates or screws.  The physician and trainers are not changing human physiology and the osteoclasts/osteoblasts that actually do the job of healing and remodeling bone tissue. 

The bone stimulator may be something that gives the Aaron Rodgers' of the world an advantage....but that is highly questioned as to how much a benefit it does provide.  

The assumption that they have cutting edge science is unfounded.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

The double plated and 13 screws are based on the fracture size, location, number of pieces.  That is not a level of $$ or status that gets more plates or screws.  The physician and trainers are not changing human physiology and the osteoclasts/osteoblasts that actually do the job of healing and remodeling bone tissue. 

The bone stimulator may be something that gives the Aaron Rodgers' of the world an advantage....but that is highly questioned as to how much a benefit it does provide.  

Jimmy Graham is using stem cells he has to go to Europe for to help alleviate knee pain. Ryan Braun routienly gets chryotherapy for nerves in his thumb. Athletes get top of the line, cutting edge stuff that no common folk is going to get approved by their medical plan. This isn't an opinion.

There's absolutely no reason to worry about Rodgers collarbone.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Your average guy doesn't even get his ACL repaired if he tears it. To act like there aren't different medical and surgical options for different people is ludicrous.

The non-union is a non-issue because they would have seen that on the scans they did prior to the Carolina game

He got the green light then and there, so absolutely no worries on the bone healing side of the coin.

The plates and screws were deployed to get him back in the game sooner - they weren't an indicator of the severity of the injury or complexity of the rehab -  but  rather the result of an ultra-competitive player who wanted a chance to return in 2017. That was an AR decision all the way

Rodgers is fine and he'll announce his shiny new mega-deal at the Shareholders meeting on July 25th.

(Which is what I've been telling y'all since back in April)

Full speed ahead 

Archived