Aaron Rodgers and new contract

Golfman

1 minute ago, fattlipp said:

Are you saying the street free agent that nobody wanted who hadn't had a good game since mid season with Chip Kellys Eagles run is above average?,  Its all Pederson's play calling...Foles will bust when he moves on.

No I'm not saying he's above average. I'm saying his play was downright elite. Outplayed Brady. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Exactly! The notion that it is easier to rebuild rather than simply playing top 16 defense is ridiculous. The defense needs a little more talent, it will need a ton more if you dump Rodgers.

Yup. A slightly above average defense wins us that championship game in Seattle and the divisional in Arizona

Yeah its a risk, but Garrett,1, 4, 33 may be worth it. (the hypothetical offer few pages back that started this disc)

that's 3 franchise chips,  Garrett, Barkley, Ward + 33, It would all be on how confident you are in a (just turned) 22 year old Kizer, Kizer went to ND and scored a 28 on the WL test, he can grasp our offense with time.

not to mention the extra 30m/yr we would have...

3 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Yeah its a risk, but Garrett,1, 4, 33 may be worth it. (the hypothetical offer few pages back that started this disc)

that's 3 franchise chips,  Garrett, Barkley, Ward + 33, It would all be on how confident you are in a (just turned) 22 year old Kizer,

not to mention the extra 30m/yr we would have...

No, it's not a risk, it's just Madden GMing and it needs to die.

Using Eli Manning and Joe Flacco in an argument that you need an Aaron Rodgers is just bad arguing tactics.

Rodgers gives us the best chance to win a Super Bowl this year, probably next year.  After that, what we could get for Rodgers now gives us a better chance at competing for Super Bowls two years from now.  It's as simple as that.

Everybody expects 6 more years out of Rodgers.  The reality is that we've probably got 4. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

So your point is that the best way to win a SB is to find a middling QB

No.  That's not my point.  That's never been my point.  My point has been that the value Rodgers provides in a trade is better than the value that Rodgers (with a big contract) provides being on this team for the next four years. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Using Eli Manning and Joe Flacco in an argument that you need an Aaron Rodgers is just bad arguing tactics.

Rodgers gives us the best chance to win a Super Bowl this year, probably next year.  After that, what we could get for Rodgers now gives us a better chance at competing for Super Bowls two years from now.  It's as simple as that.

Everybody expects 6 more years out of Rodgers.  The reality is that we've probably got 4. 

This.... I concur,   

ARod probably plays 70-75% of the games over the next 4 years and retires.  I would cash in for the above offer....

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No.  That's not my point.  That's never been my point.  My point has been that the value Rodgers provides in a trade is better than the value that Rodgers (with a big contract) provides being on this team for the next four years. 

There's no amount of draft picks I'd trade Rodgers for. If the Jags would trade us Ramsey, Bouye, Ngakoue, Telvin Smith and Leonard Fournette, I'd pull the trigger. I'm only trading Rodgers for a sure thing, this obviously would never happen and thus this whole argument is stupid.

Look at all those Championships the Redskins got from that Ricky Williams deal...

Just now, Packerraymond said:

There's no amount of draft picks I'd trade Rodgers for. If the Jags would trade us Ramsey, Bouye, Ngakoue, Telvin Smith and Leonard Fournette, I'd pull the trigger. I'm only trading Rodgers for a sure thing, this obviously would never happen and thus this whole argument is stupid.

Look at all those Championships the Redskins got from that Ricky Williams deal...

This is why in my scenario I used guarantees. 

To realistically pull the trigger, I'd need 1, 4, Garrett, first pick in second round and first pick next year from the Browns. 

Archived