Aaron Rodgers and new contract

Golfman

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

As long as it makes you happy.  I'd personally aim higher, but that's just me. 

Let's just say I don't feel the need to take myself seriously on a football forum. Nor do I care what others on said forum think.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Let's just say I don't feel the need to take myself seriously on a football forum. Nor do I care what others on said forum think.

And yet you **** on people when they don't take themselves seriously on the same football forum and like to hypothetically discuss the idea of trading Rodgers?  So basically what you're saying is you can dish it out, but you can't take it?  Am I reading this correctly?  Am I understanding you correctly? 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Rodgers after the injury...

Two broken collarbones instead of one.

One year older.

Fading.  Literally.  Unless you need an explanation on what aging does to a person... You don't, right?  You're smart enough to know what happens to a person when he gets older, right? 

Aging vs Fading. There is a difference.

All the all time QBs (Favre, Brees, Manning, Brady) that have recently retired or are close have shown that you can play at a top 3 level close to 40. Rodgers is 6 years away from that.

Rodgers isn't fading.

And yet you **** on people when they don't take themselves seriously on the same football forum and like to hypothetically discuss the idea of trading Rodgers?  So basically what you're saying is you can dish it out, but you can't take it?  Am I reading this correctly?  Am I understanding you correctly? 

So you're not serious about trading Aaron? Because you sound pretty damn serious about the fact that it's a better idea vs letting him play out his career.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Aging vs Fading. There is a difference.

All the all time QBs (Favre, Brees, Manning, Brady) that have recently retired or are close have shown that you can play at a top 3 level close to 40. Rodgers is 6 years away from that.

Rodgers isn't fading.

This makes me feel good.

And Favre/Manning/Brady had severe injuries as well.

What the hell are you on about now? You're the one who made this about me, you clown. I don't give two craps. Good god, you're dense. xD

Always the victim, this guy.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You guys need to stick to Rodgers and not each other, or this thread is going to go the route of Damarious Randall and be gone.

Hey, I'm fine with it. I simply thought I was just stating the obvious. Didn't know that being anti-trading Rodgers would cause such a **** storm.

34 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Says the person who offers literally zero input, reasons, speculation or conversation on the matter and instead laughs it off as smugly as one possibly can while continuing to add nothing to the conversation. 

I literally dare you to discuss football instead of **** on people who do.  Try it.

I bet you ten thousand dollars I can find someone who suggested we trade Favre in... Say after his worst year.  2005.  I bet you ten thousand dollars I could find someone who suggested it, and then someone who said, "It's beyond ludicrous to trade Favre." 

But you're so damn smart you don't even have to provide any conversation to prove your point, right?  Or you're just an ***. 

i did, the night Aaron was drafted.

Hell there are fans that still think we should have kept favre, its caller Homerism,  its back with ARod now,   it fogs judgement....

43 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

lol okay, whatever you say. Point still stands. It's beyond ludicrous to trade Rodgers. 

Back in the day, everyone thought the Cowboys were crazy to consider trading Hershel Walker, one of the best young RB's in the NFL. Then they did.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% YScm      
1986 24 DAL rb 34 16 9 151 737 12 84 4.9 46.1 9.4   76 837 11.0 2 84 4.8 52.3 0.0% 1574 Rookie Year    
1987* 25 DAL RB 34 12 11 209 891 7 60 4.3 74.3 17.4   60 715 11.9 1 44 5.0 59.6 0.0% 1606      
1988* 26 DAL RB 34 16 16 361 1514 5 38 4.2 94.6 22.6   53 505 9.5 2 50 3.3 31.6 0.0% 2019      

Just now, fattlipp said:

Hell there are fans that still think we should have kept favre, its caller Homerism,  its back with ARod now,   it fogs judgement....

It's true.  It's just sad that people don't get it yet. 

Bottom line, I hope I'm wrong and Rodgers wins another Super Bowl as a Packer.  I don't think I'm wrong.  Defense is more important than any QB in the history of the game.  If it wasn't, more teams would have won on offensive firepower alone.  The 2007 Patriots.  The 2011 Packers.  The 2013 (I think) Broncos...

16 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

If Aaron Rodgers was our starting QB in 2006, he would be retired somewhere known as the bust that Ted used to end Favre's career. Those 3 years in Mac's QB school made Aaron who he is.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

So you're not serious about trading Aaron? Because you sound pretty damn serious about the fact that it's a better idea vs letting him play out his career.

My official stance:

If I had a guarantee of a top 12 QB plus either two extra first round picks or one extra first round pick and an elite pass rusher (Garrett), I'd trade Rodgers.

Without a guarantee, the Devil I know is better than the Devil I don't, so no, I wouldn't trade Rodgers.

I believe that a top defense and a complete team is more important than the best QB of all time. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If Aaron Rodgers was our starting QB in 2006, he would be retired somewhere known as the bust that Ted used to end Favre's career. Those 3 years in Mac's QB school made Aaron who he is.

Rodgers said otherwise.  Do you know better than Rodgers? 

Do you see what I did there? 

Archived