Aaron Rodgers and new contract

Golfman

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

you have absolutely no proof of that

Rodgers is a Tedford QB, a trained QB robot taught to succeed in that college system. All the Tedford QB's failed in the NFL except Aaron. The biggest difference between Aaron and Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Kyle Boller? Rodgers sat for 3 years, others started right away. Watch Aaron in college, then watch him today. Mac cleansed the Tedford out of him.

13 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Back in the day, everyone thought the Cowboys were crazy to consider trading Hershel Walker, one of the best young RB's in the NFL. Then they did.

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% YScm      
1986 24 DAL rb 34 16 9 151 737 12 84 4.9 46.1 9.4   76 837 11.0 2 84 4.8 52.3 0.0% 1574 Rookie Year    
1987* 25 DAL RB 34 12 11 209 891 7 60 4.3 74.3 17.4   60 715 11.9 1 44 5.0 59.6 0.0% 1606      
1988* 26 DAL RB 34 16 16 361 1514 5 38 4.2 94.6 22.6   53 505 9.5 2 50 3.3 31.6 0.0% 2019      

Running Back. Pretty significant wording there.

The Cowboys were also one of the worst franchises in the NFL at the time, coming off a 3-13 season that year. Little different.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd love to see Rodgers not say he felt he could have played as a rookie. 

He said falling in the draft is the best thing that happened to him in the "America's Team" video from 2010. Said he was a cocky college kid who needed a big slice of "humble pie", that totally sounds like a guy who thought he was ready day one to take over a franchise.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He said falling in the draft is the best thing that happened to him in the "America's Team" video from 2010. Said he was a cocky college kid who needed a big slice of "humble pie", that totally sounds like a guy who thought he was ready day one to take over a franchise.

You're interpreting that much differently than I am.  That sounds a lot like he was saying it was good he fell to 24th overall in the draft to get a slice of humble pie and a lot less like he said he was glad he had to wait three years to be a starter.  Which is what I said...

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're interpreting that much differently than I am.  That sounds a lot like he was saying it was good he fell to 24th overall in the draft to get a slice of humble pie and a lot less like he said he was glad he had to wait three years to be a starter.  Which is what I said...

Where did I say he was glad? He needed those 3 years. He was not an NFL ready QB. He is the only outlier from a college system that produced awful NFL QBs, and he is the only one that didn't come in from the draft and start. It's pretty obvious here, why am I the only one who gets it? Trading Favre when we drafted Rodgers would've doomed this franchise. We did trade Favre, when our HC and GM (who know a hell of a lot more than us) thought our young QB was ready. So they did move on, they showed they would move on, so if Rodgers was ready sooner, they would've moved on sooner, but he wasn't.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers is a Tedford QB, a trained QB robot taught to succeed in that college system. All the Tedford QB's failed in the NFL except Aaron. The biggest difference between Aaron and Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Kyle Boller? Rodgers sat for 3 years, others started right away. Watch Aaron in college, then watch him today. Mac cleansed the Tedford out of him.

That is not proof. In fact there is no way of knowing one way or the other. Its purely speculation.

That is not proof. In fact there is no way of knowing one way or the other. Its purely speculation.

It's evidence. If you think you Rodgers was ready, good for you. I don't, Ted and Mac are on my side too or they would've dealt Favre sooner.

11 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Running Back. Pretty significant wording there.

The Cowboys were also one of the worst franchises in the NFL at the time, coming off a 3-13 season that year. Little different.

Back then, people felt you needed a running back to win. Now its a QB. Same premise though. The Cowboys had one of the best and traded him. Ended up drafting one better. which in Rogers case I doubt but it could be possible to replace him with a competent QB and stack the D to create a great team for several years.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's evidence. If you think you Rodgers was ready, good for you. I don't, Ted and Mac are on my side too or they would've dealt Favre sooner.

All other QB's from school X who started were bad therefore QB AR would have been bad if he played. That's not proof, there all individuals. Maybe there were just bad QB's

The last RB to go #1 from Penn State played right away and was a bust, therefore Barkely will be a bust if they take him #1, right?

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I never said he was ready!

I disagreed with you who said he would have been a bust. See the difference there?

All other QB's from school X who started were bad therefore QB AR would have been bad if he played. That's not proof, there all individuals. Maybe there were just bad QB's

The last RB to go #1 from Penn State played right away and was a bust, therefore Barkely will be a bust if they take him #1, right?

Not school X, a coach who ran a specific system at multiple schools and trained QB's to play a way that his teams would be successful. Same way that people look at Baker Mayfield and say "how will he play in a pro style offense?" Spread QB's are struggling making fast transitions to the NFL. Well QB's couldn't be successful moving from the Tedford system to the NFL in the early 2000s. 

RB's are not scheme specific guys, so that comparison doesn't hold water.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Hey Score. Lets give Kizer a chance to take a few breaths in Green Bay before we toss him out based on a rookie year with Cleveland. Another factor to keep in the back of our minds is the offensive playbook is getting tweaked by MM & Philbin. Lets allow Kizer an opportunity to learn and perform under it. Dont think he's considered the next starting QB. Rather, its hoped he can bring a better game than Hundley when and if pressed into service.

Was referring to a post where we trade away Rodgers and roll with Kizer as the starter next season.  Not fair to pass judgement on him just yet I agree.  He may develop into a decent backup but not expecting Kizer to be our next franchise QB was my point.

Archived