Aaron Rodgers and new contract

Golfman

11 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Matt Ryan and Jared Goff two guys you forgot that are in my top 5.  Luck who knows what he is with the shoulder.  Brady, Ryan, Rodgers, Goff, Brees are my top 5 guys.  Granted Goff has only performed for one year but believe he'll be a star it's a projection.  Others that could be in there would be Philip Rivers, Cam Newton, Carson Wentz, Stafford, and Roethlisberger.  Top 10 QB's.  Again not sure what Rodgers is right now.  We'll know more once he hits the field.  Luck was left off.  He is an exceptional QB when healthy but who knows how he is going to come back either.  That shoulder was messed up.  Watson is an up and comer too.  Just missed the top 10.  If Rodgers comes back 100% he is certainly in the conversation along with Ryan and Brady as the top guy.  Take your pick they are all exceptional.

Putting Goff above Wilson/Rivers/Stafford/Cam/Roethlisberger/Wentz & even Watson is wild...

Also putting Ryan over Rodgers is a complete joke right? I get you want to see him play but Brady/Rodgers are in a tier above all else. 

From Evan Silva at rotoworld

No clue if he has a clue, but its an interesting read anyways

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/80550/59/packers-fantasy-preview

Passing Game Outlook

Aaron Rodgers enters 2018 with top-two fantasy finishes in seven of his last eight healthy seasons and an otherworldly 40:8 TD-to-INT ratio over his last 16 games. Rodgers’ sustained elevated touchdown rate (6.4%) is a strong statistical testament to his all-time greatness, dwarfing Peyton Manning (5.7%), Tom Brady (5.5%), and Drew Brees’ (5.3%) career rates. Rodgers sneakily pads his stats with 3.6 career rushing attempts per game. This offseason, the Packers paired Jimmy Graham with Davante Adams to give Rodgers last year’s red-zone target leader (Graham) and the NFL’s leader in touchdown catches over the past two seasons (Adams). On game tape, Rodgers is the most talented quarterback I’ve ever seen.

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Agreed, I don't even think he's close to the best QB drafted that year. Pre-ACL Wentz was far superior.

That's whey I put Projection.  He's very young and will be coming into his 3rd season this year.  I'd take him over Wentz or Watson.  I am just looking at what QB would I want on my team.  Watched him play a bit last year.  Telling you he is going to be one of the greats. Don't get the Ryan hate.  He's definitely a top tier QB.  Bit of a down year in 2017.  2016 38 TD's 7 INT's and threw for almost 5K yards.  Shredded everyone including the Packers.  Big plus for him is he is completely healthy.  Younger than Brady.  Aaron again is coming off of injury even despite of this rank still rank him in the top 5.  Past history is no guarantee of future performance some of these guys are on the back nine.  Some of them are ascending players.  Who would I take Goff or Brady?  For 2018 hands down Brady.  Looking out 3 to 5 years different story.  We are talking about long term contracts here so you have to project these guys career paths going forward as well.  The future will belong to guys like Goff, Wentz, and perhaps Watson.  Brees, Rivers, and Brady will be out of the league in a few years.  Aaron has 3-5 seasons left.  Ryan perhaps a few than Aaron.  Just saying you have to take age into consideration especially when talking about long term contracts.

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Lmao at matt ryan over Aaron Rodgers!

Is Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers?  Are you just assuming after missing most of last season with a broken collar bone in his throwing shoulder he's the same?  That is my point.  I don't know what he is or isn't until I see him on the field.  Aaron at 100% is better than Ryan.  I am not sure he'll come back the same.  That Carolina game was brutal.  Granted he came back too early but was not himself.  Ryan is no slouch he's one of the best QB's in the game.  We'll see who has the better season coming up.  After all isn't that what we are talking about?  Am I the only one that is concerned here?  My god the dude had 2 plates and 13 screws inserted into his shoulder.  I don't see how anyone can claim he is still the best in the league without seeing him play first.  Where do you rank Luck?  When healthy he's a top tier QB.  Why is he off the list?  Well he hasn't thrown a ball in a year.  Injuries do matter I mean common.  Aaron has to prove himself again sorry just the way it is.  I hope Aaron comes back with a vengeance obviously.  Before the Packers shell out a massive contract they better be sure what they have.

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Is Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers?  Are you just assuming after missing most of last season with a broken collar bone in his throwing shoulder he's the same?  That is my point.  I don't know what he is or isn't until I see him on the field.  Aaron at 100% is better than Ryan.  I am not sure he'll come back the same.  That Carolina game was brutal.  Granted he came back too early but was not himself.  Ryan is no slouch he's one of the best QB's in the game.  We'll see who has the better season coming up.  After all isn't that what we are talking about?  Am I the only one that is concerned here?  My god the dude had 2 plates and 13 screws inserted into his shoulder.  I don't see how anyone can claim he is still the best in the league without seeing him play first.  Where do you rank Luck?  When healthy he's a top tier QB.  Why is he off the list?  Well he hasn't thrown a ball in a year.  Injuries do matter I mean common.  Aaron has to prove himself again sorry just the way it is.  I hope Aaron comes back with a vengeance obviously.  Before the Packers shell out a massive contract they better be sure what they have.

It's a bone, he didn't tear his rotator cuff and he isn't 70 years old. You can pretty confidently say that he's the same Aaron Rodgers. The Carolina game is a side effect of him not throwing for a month which lost strength and muscle memory in his shoulder. His collarbone has nothing to do with throwing the football and the plates and screws won't change anything either.

It's still an argument for Aaron or Brady and then a giant step down to Rivers, Big Ben, Wentz, Ryan, Wilson, Luck or whoever you find that 3rd guy to be.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a bone, he didn't tear his rotator cuff and he isn't 70 years old. You can pretty confidently say that he's the same Aaron Rodgers. The Carolina game is a side effect of him not throwing for a month which lost strength and muscle memory in his shoulder. His collarbone has nothing to do with throwing the football and the plates and screws won't change anything either.

It's still an argument for Aaron or Brady and then a giant step down to Rivers, Big Ben, Wentz, Ryan, Wilson, Luck or whoever you find that 3rd guy to be.

It's not even an argument between Aaron and Brady. Brady cannot nor could he ever do half of the things Aaron can on the field. Brady perhaps the best system QB of all-time due to his accuracy and overall will to win. Substitute him for Rodgers in Green Bay, and we have exactly zero Super Bowl titles in the TT era instead of one. 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

But..but...but last time he broke his collarbone the following season didn't go so well..

6 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Rodgers came back from the same injury before. Yeah, he'll be fine. Plus, the beat reporters HAVE seen him play. Rodgers was throwing the ball. I'm sure they'd have reported if he looked bad.

<sarcasm>Are you sure Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan? He's a year older, contract could go to his head, and his OC is on the hot seat. Julio may hold out. Stadium cheeseburgers are cheap and affordable. I mean, all of this may skew Ryan to play below his standards. </sarcasm>

Collar bone was to his throwing shoulder this time.  Also the break was far more severe it wasn't a clean break it was shattered.  Hope you guys are right.  I want to see it on the field.   There can be muscle and nerve damage that occurs with such injuries.  Haven't heard anything about his ability to throw the ball in camp other than the rooks picked him off a few times.  We are really not going to know until he gets a few regular season games under his belt.  That is the way I feel about it.  Ryan is the highest paid player in the league currently.  He didn't miss most of last season and isn't coming off of injury.  You guys are all pretty cavalier about the injury. Gotta say.  Before making him the highest  paid guy in the league I'd want to be sure.  Here is a good question.  If you could pick any QB in the league right now not named Aaron Rodgers to be the Packers QB over the next 5 years who would you take?  Ryan? Goff?  Wentz?  Brady won't be in the league and neither will Brees.  

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Collar bone was to his throwing shoulder this time.  Also the break was far more severe it wasn't a clean break it was shattered.  Hope you guys are right.  I want to see it on the field.   There can be muscle and nerve damage that occurs with such injuries.  Haven't heard anything about his ability to throw the ball in camp other than the rooks picked him off a few times.  We are really not going to know until he gets a few regular season games under his belt.  That is the way I feel about it.  Ryan is the highest paid player in the league currently.  He didn't miss most of last season and isn't coming off of injury.  You guys are all pretty cavalier about the injury. Gotta say.  Before making him the highest  paid guy in the league I'd want to be sure.  Here is a good question.  If you could pick any QB in the league right now not named Aaron Rodgers to be the Packers QB over the next 5 years who would you take?  Ryan? Goff?  Wentz?  Brady won't be in the league and neither will Brees.  

Directly from MM after OTA's "...He's back there slinging it around and throwing with great velocity. His recovery has been impressive."

Rodgers has said he is testing the rookie CBs..

“I told them I’m coming after them,” Rodgers said early in the OTAs."

He then said..

“They’re talking a lot,” Rodgers said, “so I’m going to have to dice them up once we get down to it."

(no one is taking Goff over the next 5 years, LOL)

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It's not even an argument between Aaron and Brady. Brady cannot nor could he ever do half of the things Aaron can on the field. Brady perhaps the best system QB of all-time due to his accuracy and overall will to win. Substitute him for Rodgers in Green Bay, and we have exactly zero Super Bowl titles in the TT era instead of one. 

I love Aaron but I don't know how anyone says this tbh. This is doing Brady such a disservice lol

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I wouldn't say Brady is the best system QB of all-time but he has been the most successful.  It will be a long time before/if anyone ever surpasses his accomplishments.  He has been fortunate to be on a team with the better HC and more talent than Rodgers has had most seasons.  But if you consider overall QB talent Rodgers is the better player.  Not many guys can carry a franchise the way Aaron has.

Archived