Aaron Rodgers and new contract

Golfman

13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

So does this mean he does want something like 20% of the cap every year lmao @outhouse69

I think he was just using the percentages because who knows what the cap will be when that new contract is done. Can't really give hard numbers.

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think he was just using the percentages because who knows what the cap will be when that new contract is done. Can't really give hard numbers.

Much lower going forward because nobody is gonna watch because black guys kneel now. Lol

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

So does this mean he does want something like 20% of the cap every year lmao @outhouse69

honestly that was not meant to be an intelligent or serious post, I thought that was clear lol

I like what Aaron is saying. I'm hoping it means he will be the highest paid QB, but not by the amount that we are thinking. 

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

honestly that was not meant to be an intelligent or serious post, I thought that was clear lol

I like what Aaron is saying. I'm hoping it means he will be the highest paid QB, but not by the amount that we are thinking. 

yea, thankfully he doesn't want 25% (which would be 44m this year). really constraining himself there xD

Rodgers is wicked smart and he knows what he wants and understands the Big Picture. The challenge is that his agent NEEDS to win big here or all of the other agents will use it against him in winning new high - end clients

" He only got eleventy gazillion for Aaron freaking Rodgers ! Why do you wanna sign with that chump ?" 

Its an unfortunate part of the business of football; The trumpeters need to trumpet and to some extent, Rodgers has to acquiesce

From Q&A session with Gute

Q: Taking into account that we’re talking an enormous amount of money at stake in the Aaron Rodgers negotiations, this organization also has had a long time to plan for potential scenarios in extending his contract. Why isn’t the deal done? Why is it taking longer than many of us thought it would?

A: The perception of when the deal was (possibly) getting done is probably why people are anxious outside of this building. Inside the building it’s always one of those things that’s taken its normal course. Again, both sides want the same thing, so we’re all encouraged that it’s moving in the right direction and we’re able to come to a conclusion. From my perception it’s not something that’s dragged on longer than I thought it would. It’s just something that’s taken its normal course.

Q : Former Packers VP Andrew Brandt knows the landscape here because he used to manage this team’s salary cap, and he recently wrote for SI.com that there’s not enough pressure on both sides to facilitate a deal because Rodgers has two years left on his contract. Is he right? Is it a year early to get this deal done?

A:  No, I don’t agree with that, not at all. I think both parties are motivated. What people think outside the building doesn’t concern us.

Archived