4 members have voted

1. 1. What would you grade this Mock

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Resigning- 

Deonte Thompson- Not a starter but he makes plays every now on then. Was a complete surprise and will be a nice backup at the flanker position. Lord knows we could use his speed.

Shareece Wright- As much as Gaines is injured I believe having experience like Wrights as our 4th CB is valuable. Not the best but he fits in nicely.

Leonard Johnson- Was our nickle all year. Never gave up many big plays but we have to keep the strength of this team in place so our nickle returns.

Cedric Thorton- Backup UT. Made some plays when given the chance.

Travaris Cadet- Showed a lot in his little time here. Heck of a pass catcher out of the backfield. 

Preston Brown- Looking at draft and free agency I just don't see us in position to make an upgrade at MLB

Trades-

Buffalo trades Tyrod Taylor, #21, #22, and 2019 3rd round Pick for #5

Free Agency-

Star Lotulelei NT Carolina Panthers- 4 Years 23 Million: Something we have missed with Marcel Dareus traded. And I am projecting a Kyle Williams retirement so Star will be a prime candidate to replace him and return to his former Defensive coordinators team. We all know how much Sean likes his Carolina guys. A guy like Star would take up a ton of space and allow guys like Milano and Brown to make plays. Should sure up our run inconsistent run defense. Clog the middle baby!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3LwDkY4MRuLWRLjrIcuu

Albert Wilson WR Kansas City- 3 Years 18 Million: This kid hasn't been able to play much behind Tyreek Hill but when he see's the field he produces. Wilson would provide us a much needed deep threat. He will be a nice compliment to Kelvin Benjamin. Think he is going to cost more than he is worth. But with McDermott's and Reid's connection we should have plenty of info on him. Could potentially see him going to the Bears to reunite with his former OC and who desperately need WRs. But we are able to convince Wilson to come be the speed threat we desperately need. Allows Zay to kick inside.

Image result for albert wilson 300 x 300

Anthony Hitchens LB Dallas Cowboys- 3 Years 18 Million: Hitchens has improved every year since being in this league. With Alexander aging and struggling a majority of the season we could really use an upgrade at the LB position. Especially with us forced to bring back Preston Brown due to a poor MLB free agent and draft class this year. Hitchens would fit in perfectly as a SLB in McDermotts system. He could improve in pass coverage but that could be said for a majority of the LBers available. 

Related image

Courtney Upshaw DE Atlanta Falcons- 2 years 2 Millions:  Upshaw offers a lot of depth at a cheap price. He has played DE, DT, and OLB in his career. He can fit into pretty much any position in any scheme. He offers nice depth and gives us experience behind Lawson who seems to struggle to stay healthy. He could also be used as a fill in for Jerry Hughes on obvious rushing downs to help stop the run. Or on obvious passing downs he could kick inside to DT to offer more of a pass rush.

Image result for courtney upshaw 300 x 300

Tom Savage QB Houston Texans- 1 Year 2 Million: Savage helped groom Deshaun Watson which is what we are going to ask of him on a one year contract. Get our rookie ready to start. He had a 300 yard game this year... something that Tyrod fails to do. So he is a valuable vet who could start a couple games if need be. Hopefully we have our QB of the future will be ready but if not Savage could walk out of training camp with the job. He will likely be in a 3 QB battle. Still fairly young as well for a backup with experience. 

Image result for tom savage 320x320

2018 NFL Draft

Image result for 2018 nfl draft

TRADE IS POSTED ABOVE

Round 1:  Josh Rosen QB UCLA

We trade up to #5. With Brown taking Darnold. Colts not needing a QB. And Giants selecting Barkley. Rosen falls to #5. The issue is that the Broncos signed Kirk Cousins and need we trade up to jump the Jets at #6 and nab the player we love. Rosen is a true McDermott guy. Look at his combine interview, he uses the word process as much as Mcdermott does. This kid should be the #1 overall pick but injuries have some teams believing he is the next Bradford. But with McCoy in the backfield here in Buffalo he wont be hit as much due to not passing as much. Rosen will have tall target in Benjamin to rely upon and a speedy target in Wilson. He has everything he needs to succeed on the Buffalo Bills playoff team. Hello Franchise QB

Image result for josh rosen 350 x 350

Round 2:  Harrison Phillips DT Stanford

Another west coast guy. I'm expecting Kyle Williams to retire but this guy I think is a Kyle Williams close as far as effort and motor. He started this process as a 4th/5th round prospect. Some are now saying a late first round player. I happen to think he falls into the 2nd round just due to the number of Defensive Linemen prospects at the end of the first and beginning of 2nd round. We interviewed him at the combine and just seems like someone that the coaches would fall in love with. If he is on the board for the 2nd round I guarantee he will be the pick. He will be the UT next to Star the NT.

Image result for harrison phillips

Round 2:   Rashaad Penny RB San Diego State

3 West Coast guys in a row is a shocker. There is a first for everything. But we have interviewed Penny at the combine and have brought Ivory in for a visit. Obviously backup RB is a huge need. Penny said he would love to play behind McCoy in a media interview. Called him a future hall of famer. With McCoy aging a bit. Penny would be a huge get. Last years RB class was flat out amazing. And this years is expected to be even better. We have to get in on the RB action. A great 1 2 punch like McCoy and Penny would definitely makes things easier for Rosen. Kid was a monster his senior year. Ran for over 2200 yards and 23 TDS.

Image result for rashaad penny 300 x 300

Round 3:  Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma

What is a rookies QBs best friend? A TE so lets get Rosen 2 best friends with Clay and Andrews. Andrews was a great target for Baker Mayfield.  He is a huge redzone threat at the very least at 6'5. He is also very fast for his size with a 4.67 40 yard dash.  He has type 1 diabetes which he has to work very hard to keep the weight on for his position and McDermott would love that work ethic. With Gesickis combine yesterday Andrew will probably fall a little bit but a 3rd round selection is perfect for him.

Image result for mark andrews combine

Round 4:  Frank Ragnow C Arkansas

Ive been saying there is no need for a Billy Price in the first round for awhile now because of Groy. But we could use more depth at the position now. This would allow us to either start Groy at Center and Miller at RG. Both should benefit from Daboll's scheme or start Ragnow at Center and move Groy to RG to compete. Most likely we will start off with the first scenerio. Ragnow was a captain at Arkansas. Another player McDermott would love. Also believe we interviewed him at the senior bowl.

Image result for frank ragnow 350 x 350

Round 5: Ike Boettger OT Iowa

Can't every go wrong drafting an Iowa linemen. They are always physical and always have the size and length to play RT. Ike is no different. And anyone who helped block for Wadley is good in my book since we will be needing someone to block for McCoy. Drafting back to back linemen makes our team much more physical. And both Ragnow and Ike should thrive in Daboll's power run scheme.

Image result for ike boettger

Round 5-  Marcus Allen S Penn State

Seems like all year we were playing with no Safety depth. Hyde went down twice in the playoff game. We need someone else back there in case Hyde or Poyer get banged up. Allen seems like the kinda safety that McDermott would love. Just a solid safety. Nothing fancy just does his job well and could break out here. Very similar to Hyde. Obviously not the same caliber but both were considered solid safeties that could do everything well. Allen is of the same mold. And this is the first player that we add to the secondary.

Image result for marcus allen

Two Deep Depth Chart

HC: Sean McDermott

OC: Brian Daboll

QB: Josh Rosen / Tom Savage

RB: LeSean McCoy / Rasheed Penny

FB: Patrick Dimarco / Nick O'Leary 

SE: Kelvin Benjamin / Andre Holmes

TE: Charles Clay / Mark Andrews

LT: Cordy Glenn / Dion Dawkins

LG: Richie Incognito / Ryan Groy

C:  Ryan Groy / Frank Ragnow

RG: John Miller / Vlad Ducasse 

RT: Dion Dawkins / Ike Boettger

SL: Zay Jones / Brandon Reilly

FL: Albert Wilson / Deonte Thompson

DC: Leslie Frazier

DE: Jerry Hughes / Courtney Upshaw

NT: Star Lotulelei / Adoplphus Washington

UT: Harrison Phillips / Cedric Thorton

DE: Shaq Lawson / Ryan Davis

SLB: Anthony Hitchins / Lorenzo Alexander

MLB: Preston Brown / Tanner Vallejo

WLB: Matt Milano / Deon Lacy

CB: Vontae Davis  / Shareece Write

SS: Jordan Poyer / Marcus Allen

FS: Micah Hyde / Colt Anderson

CB: Tredavious White / Leonard Johnson (Nickle back)

STC: Danny Crossman

K: Stephen Hauschska

P: Colton Schmidt

Returner: Travaris Cadet

As an off field stand point I liked alot of the moves but I also disliked some of them so I gave it a "C". Im not a Tom Savage fan and would prefer to add someone else other then him. If your going to go cheap bridge in that case then I would elect Matt Moore over him as they both will command similar money and Moore has a history with Daboll in Miami and I believe Beane and McDermott in Carolina (could be wrong). His stats were pretty decent when Daboll was his OC in Miami. I am not a fan of re-signing Wright and Brown, wright was a big liability at times and Preston Brown I am just not thinking he is the correct fit as he is slow on the sideline to sideline protection that McDermott counted on so much in Carolina. I like the rest of the re-signing and free agent moves. 

For the draft if the Bills do go after a qb what makes you think he falls to 5 and that the Broncos wouldn't want to grab a qb? Tyrod maybe their bridge but why would they do that over taking one themselves? Reallistically who goes 1-4 to allow rosen to fall there?  I would prefer not to draft a rb that high and rather take a free agent rb, simply because Shady has 2-3 years left on his contract and is still going strong by the time they end his contract the rookie will be looking for a new one at that time. If they can pay someone like ivory on a 1-2 year and retain cadet I think the bills then can look in to next years draft finding their future rb. Drafting a TE in the 3rd rd is also a head scratcher as they already have 2 catching TE that were capable so I would rather swap those 2 out with other positions. The rest looks good. From what I was reading the bills spent alot of time at the senior bowl and combine so far on QBs and Olineman so I think they stack up at those positions not sure when but they are turning over every stone to find their guys.

I gave it a B.

I like the trade up to 5 for Rosen and if Cousins lands in  Denver I think it is very realistic. I love Phillips but could see him going earlier, the same for Mark Andrews. I don't buy that we have two pass catching TE's already as O'Leary really is just another guy and Clay is not dependable. I thin TE is a sneaky need for us. 

Someone as versatile as Ragnow likely doesn't fall to round 4 IMO. As for free agency, Savage is meh. He didn't tutor Waston, Deshaun was better from day 1. I would much rather get Matt Moore. Also reports/rumours are already circulating that Albert Wilson is headed to Chicago (could be a league investigation for tampering). Star, Hitchens and Upshaw are nice pick ups. 

8 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

As an off field stand point I liked alot of the moves but I also disliked some of them so I gave it a "C". Im not a Tom Savage fan and would prefer to add someone else other then him. If your going to go cheap bridge in that case then I would elect Matt Moore over him as they both will command similar money and Moore has a history with Daboll in Miami and I believe Beane and McDermott in Carolina (could be wrong). His stats were pretty decent when Daboll was his OC in Miami. I am not a fan of re-signing Wright and Brown, wright was a big liability at times and Preston Brown I am just not thinking he is the correct fit as he is slow on the sideline to sideline protection that McDermott counted on so much in Carolina. I like the rest of the re-signing and free agent moves. 

For the draft if the Bills do go after a qb what makes you think he falls to 5 and that the Broncos wouldn't want to grab a qb? Tyrod maybe their bridge but why would they do that over taking one themselves? Reallistically who goes 1-4 to allow rosen to fall there?  I would prefer not to draft a rb that high and rather take a free agent rb, simply because Shady has 2-3 years left on his contract and is still going strong by the time they end his contract the rookie will be looking for a new one at that time. If they can pay someone like ivory on a 1-2 year and retain cadet I think the bills then can look in to next years draft finding their future rb. Drafting a TE in the 3rd rd is also a head scratcher as they already have 2 catching TE that were capable so I would rather swap those 2 out with other positions. The rest looks good. From what I was reading the bills spent alot of time at the senior bowl and combine so far on QBs and Olineman so I think they stack up at those positions not sure when but they are turning over every stone to find their guys.

The resignings we have to do. They will just be cheaper than everyone else on the free agent markets. As it's is the signings bring us to 21 million... I'm not sure exactly what we have for cap space but I know it's less that 29 million. So it's unrealistic we let people go and expect to bring in an adequate replacement at their price ranges. Like Brown for instant. He is not the best but the players available are all older and would cost a whole lot more. And Beane and McDermott both said they like him. So I'm trying to put personal feelings aside and go based off what I think the front office would do.

As for the Broncos trade. I said I have them signing Cousins so that's why they decide to trade is the pick for us to nab Rosen. No way Denver signs Cousins and signs Rosen.

And I agree about RB. I would rather go Hicks/Freeman later in the draft. But feel the Bills and Penny have a mutual interest.

I like Moore better as well but I'd rather go a younger route without having to break the bank and Moore was terrible last year (which was a surprise to me... Thought he would be better than Cutler) Savage flat outplayed him. Think Moore is just aging to much. I mean Savage is potentially a 3rd string QB depending on Peterman so I wouldn't look to much into it.

26 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I gave it a B.

I like the trade up to 5 for Rosen and if Cousins lands in  Denver I think it is very realistic. I love Phillips but could see him going earlier, the same for Mark Andrews. I don't buy that we have two pass catching TE's already as O'Leary really is just another guy and Clay is not dependable. I thin TE is a sneaky need for us. 

Someone as versatile as Ragnow likely doesn't fall to round 4 IMO. As for free agency, Savage is meh. He didn't tutor Waston, Deshaun was better from day 1. I would much rather get Matt Moore. Also reports/rumours are already circulating that Albert Wilson is headed to Chicago (could be a league investigation for tampering). Star, Hitchens and Upshaw are nice pick ups. 

I could definitely see Phillips and Mark going earlier but there are so many players at the same positions with the same draft stock. For instance with Harrison there are so many DLinmen in that area someone has to fall... With Bryan, Payne, Hurst, Vea, Thompson Landry, Hubbard, Key, McIntosh... They're all expected to go late 1st, early 2nd. One of them has to fall... Similar to WRs when we got James Hardy... There were so many players at WR in the same range that Hardy fell to us. Not only did Hardy fall but others at the same position fell as well.

Same think with Mark's. Hurst, Goedert, Gesicki, and Andrews are all 2nd round player... I highly doubt that all of them go in the 2nd round. Hurst and Goedert should be the first off the board about mid 2nd. Gesickis combine I think pushed him ahead of Andrews and because of that he falls. And of he doesn't make it to the pick then I'd be very happy Samuels or Fumagalli who should be available

6 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

The resignings we have to do. They will just be cheaper than everyone else on the free agent markets. As it's is the signings bring us to 21 million... I'm not sure exactly what we have for cap space but I know it's less that 29 million. So it's unrealistic we let people go and expect to bring in an adequate replacement at their price ranges. Like Brown for instant. He is not the best but the players available are all older and would cost a whole lot more. And Beane and McDermott both said they like him. So I'm trying to put personal feelings aside and go based off what I think the front office would do.

As for the Broncos trade. I said I have them signing Cousins so that's why they decide to trade is the pick for us to nab Rosen. No way Denver signs Cousins and signs Rosen.

And I agree about RB. I would rather go Hicks/Freeman later in the draft. But feel the Bills and Penny have a mutual interest.

I like Moore better as well but I'd rather go a younger route without having to break the bank and Moore was terrible last year (which was a surprise to me... Thought he would be better than Cutler) Savage flat outplayed him. Think Moore is just aging to much. I mean Savage is potentially a 3rd string QB depending on Peterman so I wouldn't look to much into it.

So you have the broncos paying cousins 25-30 mil plus tyrods 10 mil? Im not buying that. They either get cousins or they miss out and are taking a chance on tyrod to be the qb for them this year.

Preston Brown isn't coming cheap Beane already said he is willing to go out and figure out his market before making the move. So hes not looking to get a deal done with bills right now and would rather risk seeing what his market it before coming back to the bills. Patriots and him have mutual interest and as always I can see the pats overpaying just so the bills dont resign him. Also I meant to ask you about hitchens, love the signing, but he is also a MLB with Dallas. you mention it is a weak market but you dont need to pick up both brown and him and push hitchens to the SLB. From what im reading Brown is seeking 7-9 million a year I would much rather pay the 3 years 18 mil on hitchens and find a SLB that is available.

The talent pool at Corner is deep in FA and Draft would much rather look at someone else then wright but I get it hes a depth move. 

I like it, I think Mark Andrews and Frank Ragnow go earlier than you're projecting and I don't like a RB getting picked that early but draft is nice 

I think as of right now Saquon Barkley is going 1.1 to Cleveland 100% but I'd also mock Baker Mayfield at 4 so I love the trade up for Rosen or Darnold, whoever the Giants don't take.

FA is excellent 

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

So you have the broncos paying cousins 25-30 mil plus tyrods 10 mil? Im not buying that. They either get cousins or they miss out and are taking a chance on tyrod to be the qb for them this year.

Preston Brown isn't coming cheap Beane already said he is willing to go out and figure out his market before making the move. So hes not looking to get a deal done with bills right now and would rather risk seeing what his market it before coming back to the bills. Patriots and him have mutual interest and as always I can see the pats overpaying just so the bills dont resign him. Also I meant to ask you about hitchens, love the signing, but he is also a MLB with Dallas. you mention it is a weak market but you dont need to pick up both brown and him and push hitchens to the SLB. From what im reading Brown is seeking 7-9 million a year I would much rather pay the 3 years 18 mil on hitchens and find a SLB that is available.

The talent pool at Corner is deep in FA and Draft would much rather look at someone else then wright but I get it hes a depth move. 

Never said they would pay Tyrod 10 million. I'm sure we would have to eat 5 or 6 million of it.

Archived