Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith reportedly involved in domestic incident

TecmoSuperJoe

If it' true or not I'm just sick of "All done" raiders need to realize it' time to cut him.I was just saying I haven't heard nothing bad about him then BOOM smh I wanted him to work out but it just not gonna happen time to cut bait Reggie 

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Raiders already have Mack, but at the 10th pick do they target another pass rusher? Landry?

If they really think the value is there, maybe, but I don't really think that this occurrence changes their priorities there. They need interior DL help far more than they need outside DL help. Some extra edge rush talent would be more of a luxury pick for them there. Honestly, if you count Irvin's contributions rushing off the edge, that's probably their last need on defense. They could use a DT, off the ball LB, CB, and S all more than an edge rusher. Especially if any of Ellis/Bowman/Nelson/Carrie walk. And there's enough talent at LB, DT, and DB that I think the players will justify a pick at a bigger position of need.

Even if there isn't a suspension I can't imagine another team attempting any sort of reclamation project. He can't go  months without being in an easily avoidable situation. I think people need to understand that this is who he is as a person.

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Raiders already have Mack, but at the 10th pick do they target another pass rusher? Landry?

We need lots of everything on our D tbh. You could target any position on that side of the ball and it would fill a major need. I am hoping James falls to us, but would be pretty happy with Smith. Re-signing Bowman and adding Smith to our D would help a lot. Then getting a healthy Conley and Obi should make our D a lot faster.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Too early to throw in the towel on Foster just yet, though his actions haven't exactly led to a lot of confidence that he'll get it together. They've drafted three linebackers with these kind of issues, and they are 1-1 (Bowman and Smith). Foster is the rubber match (and at least they got two years of really good production from Aldon before he fell apart mentally) 

Bowman didn't have character concerns coming into the league. Maybe AFTER he was drafted some developed.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Bowman didn't have character concerns coming into the league. Maybe AFTER he was drafted some developed.

Yes he did. 

WEAKNESSES

Durability is a bit of a concern. Has a somewhat slight frame for a linebacker. There are character questions surrounding Bowman from a few incidents in college

After which, Bowman admitted to using a banned substance (marijuana), and was penalized accordingly by the university. There was also an incident where the PSU linebacker was charged and pled guilty to disorderly conduct.. 

he 49ers employ an All-Pro linebacker whose college career appeared to foreshadow off-the-field trouble in the NFL: He was involved in an on-campus fight, suspended by his head coach and admitted to smoking marijuana while on probation for his altercation. 

No, the linebacker in question isn’t Aldon Smith, whose three-year career has been stuffed with off-the-field trouble.

Rather, it’s NaVorro Bowman, a locker-room leader who has been trouble-free since character concerns contributed to his slide to the third round of the 2010 draft.

And he's been a great leader and amazing dude since coming into the league without a whiff of trouble. Not sure what you meant by that. He's done nothing remotely wrong since coming into the league. 

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Doubtful.  If we trade down, maybe.  But I can't see us going edge at 10 with Irvin on the roster unless Chubb drops (lol).  If we trade down maybe someone like Davenport comes into the discussion.  If we cut Irvin....different story.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Btw most Raider fans realistically that Smith was never going to play in the league again. Would have been cool, but he doesn't deserve to and quite frankly we are all pretty happy to have this distraction over with once and for all. 

We weren’t expecting him back, but at the time there was no reason to cut him.  If he was serious about coming back this wouldn’t have happened though.  Game over for Smith, now he just needs to worry about having a life outside of Jail.  Sad to see so much talent go to waste, but every few years there is a Smith, Blackmon, (Gordon to an extent) that just don’t care.

Archived