Improving Accuracy in Shorts & Other Silly Season Insanities

Mind Character

Nothing is ever learned when it comes to the popular sports mind.

Year after year people and "experts" are swayed by catnip at the Underwear Olympics.

After one day of throwing with no anticipation but a powerful, otherworldly arm, and accuracy Mike Mayock, and almost evey other NFL draftnik believesthat "Josh Allen proved he deserves strong consideration at 1 overall."

Like hell he does. Accuracy is as much about knowing when to throw a ball as an aspect of decision making as much as it is about ball placement. In live action actual football, Allen never came close to the standard set by Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield.

While the mechanical issues can be improved the accuracy processor and decision maker in the mind between the ears is not easily fixed or improved. It's a natural mind to biomechanical movement gift of which few have.

And now due to 2 or 3 poorly thrown balls in shorts Josh Rosen is "not quite as advertised" and likely has been passed up by Josh Allen.

These same geniuses always come out say it doesnt matter if a QB like Darnold doesnt throw well at the combinr, but as soon as one has some misthrows it affects rankings.

The truth is the only scouts and media types worth their salt are those that set their draftboard before the combine and only adjust it based on critical info gained via medical info or via the interview process.

The combine should change absolutely nothing.

Saquon's athletic testing doesnt mean he should go ahead of our QB1...nor does it mean we should take Saquon ahead of Chubb or Minkah given the depths of the impact RB talent pool and the scarcity of impact depth of the DE/S talent pool.

The only way I wanna see Allen go #1 overall is if we traded back. Id love if the Jets or Broncos traded up to 1 and draft Allen; SUCKAS! If we draft him at 1, we riot! I know you all are with me.

BTW, Baker looked the best of anyone at the combine, even Rosen IMO. Just saying.

Love Chubb. Davenport tickles my fancy.

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Every post he’s mad for the past 3 months was about Mayfield going #1.

I think some of the Mayfield lovers are just laying low.

And Mind was just playing mental jiu jitsu, saying it because it is one of the last things he wants to happen and thinking that if he says it won't.

Sort of like a reverse jinx.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

I think some of the Mayfield lovers are just laying low.

And Mind was just playing mental jiu jitsu, saying it because it is one of the last things he wants to happen and thinking that if he says it won't.

Sort of like a reverse jinx.

Dear lord Bruce,

Thou'st doth command ye hold thine tongue good sir.

Silence! Lest ye spoil & disturb the Cosmic Winds set to grace we troubled few with the presence of lord Samuel Darnold of San Clemente.

The mad lord McCloughan was last seen filled to the collar with spirits preaching the gospel of little-Favre to er'a ear he could find.

Bad news from the stronghold in Berea. Mine spies spoketh of dastardly tales of young master Andrew Berry & meister Paul of the Moneyball Citadel being swayed by the sweet poisen siren song of PFF charlatans & disciples of the gospel of little-Favre.

I darest not trouble ye further, but I regret to inform ye that the new Master of the Court lord Dorsey of House Non-Wordsmithian has become a smitten follower of such foolery.

Thou'st doth'nt want to hear these words, but thy last hope lies in none other than lord Hueball of once top Offense acclaim, lord Zampese, & lord Haley.

Rumors abound that lord Dorsey has won sir Haley to his side promising unspeakable & treasonous machinations against sir Hue.

The odds are meager that we shall prevail. 

There be'ist little time to secure victory before all is lost. I still fear we shall all soon fall under the flag of Little-Favre. 

Whispers from the land of Sashi are that lord Brown loved good sir Darnold...but I digress...

Can sir Hue sway the mad King Haslam & his little-Favre minions?

I pray thee well & have good cheer until the dark night of draft day shall befall us.

I shall make haste in the morn to light a candle for sir Zampese & master Hue.

Yourn Fellow FFer,

lord Mind Character

Archived