My 3 Round Mock Draft

Tubthumper

Trades:

Send pick 9 to Buffalo for 22, 53 and 2019 3rd Rd pick)

Free Agents:

Sign:

Allen Robinson WR

Andrew Norwell G

Rd 1

22. Josh Jackson CB Iowa

Hopefully he is here...would be an immediate starter

Rd 2

53. Nick Chubb, RB Georgia

Replacement for Carlos Hyde

59. Mike Gesicki, TE Penn State

Love him.  Has been a go to big play maker/red zone threat for Penn State the past 2 yeara...he will help our redzone offense immediately and would be the #2 option behind Allen Robinson.

Rd 3

70 Orlando Brown, T Oklahoma

Terrible combine drops him down here….hopefully he performs like the tape and not the combine.  Could be an eventual replacement for Staley

74. Hercules Mata’afa, edge rusher, Washington State

Hopefully helps with our pass rush.

I know there is a lot of skepticism with Gesicki, but having watched every Penn State game this past season I feel strongly that he will be a great receiving threat (his combine results are annoying as I was hoping he would drop to the 3rd RD).  

Not sure that trade is really working in our favor, or even equal favor. 

Aside from Josh Jackson, don't care for many of the picks. Mata'afa will probably be a day 3 pick given how dramatic a transition he's going to make. Brown doesn't fit our system. .Trent Brown is playing well despite not being a fit and there's still whispers that he might be a goner. Brown is not a good fit for us. 

TE in round 2 is a hard pass. After Edge, some combination of IOL, OT, LB, WR and RB need to be addressed before TE. 

TE is not a priority this year. 

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

Not sure that trade is really working in our favor, or even equal favor. 

It's actually about right when it comes to point value depending on what chart you use. The old chart, not in our favor. The new chart, slightly in our favor. 

Just now, Forge said:

It's actually about right when it comes to point value depending on what chart you use. The old chart, not in our favor. The new chart, slightly in our favor. 

Really? I didn't do the math, obviously but that's a little surprising given how much Buffalo is jumping in this case. I would just take the two first and a mid round pick tbh. 

But like everyone else, I'm salivating at the thought of having two first round picks where Buffalo is at. Some really good players are going to drop to that range. Mailk Hooker-esque value. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Really? I didn't do the math, obviously but that's a little surprising given how much Buffalo is jumping in this case. I would just take the two first and a mid round pick tbh. 

But like everyone else, I'm salivating at the thought of having two first round picks where Buffalo is at. Some really good players are going to drop to that range. Mailk Hooker-esque value. 

Yep, I worked out a deal with Buffalo in the TCMD draft just in case earlier, and it was basically the second first round pick, second second round pick, and a 4 or a 5 I think. Dead even on the new trade scale.  So in his case, he's just replacing with that late round pick with a higher future year pick. 

I feel like the TE addresses the red zone issues (along with ARob).  That was a big problem for our offense this past year.  Wasn't sure on Brown being a fit....but we need to start thinking about a Staley replacement...Was looking around for a RD 3 edge rusher (which I think is a big need).  Wasn't sure which would be the best case scenario for Rd 3.  

If we're to trade with the Bills, I'd really try to get their two firsts, even if we have to add a pick on our side of the equation to make it fit. And add Arik Armstead while we're at it. #9 + Arik + 3rd/4th for #21-22 and whatever makes it fair? Then we still have the Saints second rounder, and we have a decent chance to add three starters, including two possible future probowlers. This year, I'd love to have these two late first rounders. Although, having another second rounder wouldn't be too bad, since there seems to be a lot of talent there anyway.

But more likely, we probably just trade down a couple of spots. Maybe we package a few picks (and maybe Armstead again) to add another pick in the late first or early second.

Archived