Bills Draft Prospect meetings

soflbillsfan

Combine is coming to an end and the bills met with some senior bowl players here is a list of what I can find so far as who they met with:

QBs: Lamar Jackson (Combine), Baker Mayfield (Senior Bowl and Combine), Josh Allen (Senior Bowl), Mike White (Senior Bowl and Combine), Brandon Silvers (Senior Bowl), Mason Rudolph (Senior Bowl), Kurt Benkert (Senior Bowl), Luke Falk (Senior Bowl), Kyle Lauletta (Scheduled meeting) Josh Rosen (Combine according to Marshawn Lynch)

WR: James Washington (Combine)

DT: Harrison Phillips (Senior Bowl and Combine), 

LB: Mike McCray (Senior Bowl), Darius Leonard (Senior Bowl)

Oline: Will Hernandez (Senior Bowl), Isiah Wynn (Senior Bowl), Kolton Miller (Combine), Frank Ragnow (Combine), Martinas Rankin (Scheduled meeting), Brandon Parker (Scheduled Meeting), Jaryd Jones-Smith (Combine), 

RB: Rashaad Penny (Combine), Derrius Guice (Combine), Jaylen Samuels (Senior Bowl and Combine)

TE: Ryan Izzo (Combine)

If you see anyone missing just add to it. I know Whaley has gone off of this list alot in the past but not sure what Beane will do as this will be his first official draft with the bills.

Bills updated pre draft meetings:

Qb Baker Mayfield Oklahoma

QB Josh Rosen UCLA

QB Mason Rudolph OSU

RB Rashaad Penny San Diego St

LB Fred Wagner BYU

LB Leighton Vander Esch Boise St

LB Roquan Smith Georgia

CB Denzel Ward Ohio St

CB Donte Jackson LSU

C Frank Ragnow Arkansas

TE Frank Goedert San Diego St

LB Dorian O'Daniel Clemson

CB Josh Jackson Iowa

WR DJ Clark LSU

QB Sam Darnold (isn't one of the 30 visits as he is working out for Bills in California and not in Buffalo)

CB Joshua Jackson Iowa

Edge Rusher Uchenna Nwosu USC

CB Jaire Alexander Louisville

Edge Chad Thomas Miami

DT Kendrick Norton Miami

DT RJ McIntosh Miami

CB Duke Dawson Univ of Florida

QB Josh Allen Wyoming

LB Rashaan Evans Alabama

Edge Dorance Armstrong Kansas

(Still have up to 6 more visits with less than 2 weeks until the draft)

7 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

We met with Josh Rosen

This.

And Beane said he would be going to his pro day and that they'd have him visit Buffalo. I can't help but think he is feeding into the Galko report publicly just to throw everyone off lol.

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This.

And Beane said he would be going to his pro day and that they'd have him visit Buffalo. I can't help but think he is feeding into the Galko report publicly just to throw everyone off lol.

I could see Mike White being our guy. Hope he is the backup option and not the primary target.

I think the Bills primary target may be Allen (unfortunately)

56 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I could see Mike White being our guy. Hope he is the backup option and not the primary target.

I think the Bills primary target may be Allen (unfortunately)

I’m starting to come around on Allen. He has looked consistently better since the Senior Bowl, which is also when he started getting new coaches around him. His body frame and arm talent are undeniable, and if he continues to fix his footwork he could easily be the best QB in this draft. I’m not sure we would be the best place for him, as he could use a QB guru, but man this kid could end up being really really freakin good.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m starting to come around on Allen. He has looked consistently better since the Senior Bowl, which is also when he started getting new coaches around him. His body frame and arm talent are undeniable, and if he continues to fix his footwork he could easily be the best QB in this draft. I’m not sure we would be the best place for him, as he could use a QB guru, but man this kid could end up being really really freakin good.

I agree. I think his accuracy issues are over blown. I believe he and Jackson had the most dropped passes in college last year. 

It is worrisome sure, but it's not Jake Locker or Erik Rodriguez Manuel bad.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

He just seems to be a Rob Johnson type. He will impress you with his arm in drills and in practices but when the game starts it's just not there.

Allen has no anticipation... Same issue as Tyrod they are totally different players (one has a monster arm and the other protects the football and scrambles) but they have the same issue.

I just don't see it at all... Teams fall in love with his arm if he wants any chance at success he will have to sit a few years like Rodgers did.

20 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

He just seems to be a Rob Johnson type. He will impress you with his arm in drills and in practices but when the game starts it's just not there.

Allen has no anticipation... Same issue as Tyrod they are totally different players (one has a monster arm and the other protects the football and scrambles) but they have the same issue.

I just don't see it at all... Teams fall in love with his arm if he wants any chance at success he will have to sit a few years like Rodgers did.

I'm also very wary of guys who struggle with the only thing that really matters which is getting the ball to his playmakers consistently. Arm talent is useless without the mental side and it seems like it is almost impossible to teach intangibles. I'd be afraid of drafting Allen and ending up with someone like Hackenberg. Allen has been impressive in all the predraft stuff but I'm still a little wary of him.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm not expecting us to jump into top 4 and if we don't I'd like to fix the OL at 22

Darnold,Rosen, Mayfield, Allen with first pick than my BB goes

James Daniels

Billy Price

Mike McGlinchey

Isaiah Wynn

Will Hernandez

Darnold Rosen Mayfield Allen will go top 5 or 6 picks do not seeing those guys falling in any way.You got the dolphins broncos and cardinals all with questionable QBs and not long term answers which they all have shown interest in one of these qbs. Going up and getting one will involve pick 22 but if some how they dont include 22 I agree Oline or LB would be the right move. I think Price could be had in the 2nd rd since his injury, I am not sure about Will Hernandez cause hes been sky rocketing but if some how he falls in the 2nd I would love this to be the pick as he has shown to be a big mauler.

8 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Darnold Rosen Mayfield Allen will go top 5 or 6 picks do not seeing those guys falling in any way.

I still don`t see this happening. Even in the greatest QB drafts of all time that many didn`t go early. 

The Browns and Jets are a lock for a QB. The Giants I really don`t see taking one unless Darnold is there, which again, I doubt. All of Elways moves have the look of trying to compete as opposed to a rookie QB. 

I actually think Rosen could be available with the 6th pick if the Jets decide on Baker and if that is the case, I am offering pick 12, 53 and 95. 

On 3/6/2018 at 5:24 AM, LeeEvans said:

I'm also very wary of guys who struggle with the only thing that really matters which is getting the ball to his playmakers consistently. Arm talent is useless without the mental side and it seems like it is almost impossible to teach intangibles. I'd be afraid of drafting Allen and ending up with someone like Hackenberg. Allen has been impressive in all the predraft stuff but I'm still a little wary of him.

Your post reminded me of Bill Walsh's QB evaluation criteria. My concern with Allen is that even if you believe you can fix the mechanics, after so many years doing the same thing, when in a tense in-game situation, his muscle memory will kick in and he will throw with an open torso yielding a very inaccurate ball. In short, I think he is too risky to bank on as a franchise guy.

http://www.sportsxchange.com/DS97/walsh/walsh2qb.htm

One of the reasons I like Rosen has to do with his comeback vs. Texas A&M. Having the 28-point 4th quarter comeback was already more than what Tyrod ever did. Mayfield and Darnold can make similar claims of leading comebacks. Some made a name for themselves even before last year, showing they have demonstrated that trait on a more consistent basis. 

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000665682

Archived