Bills Draft Prospect meetings

soflbillsfan

On 3/4/2018 at 5:54 PM, soflbillsfan said:

Combine is coming to an end and the bills met with some senior bowl players here is a list of what I can find so far as who they met with:

QBs: Lamar Jackson (Combine), Baker Mayfield (Senior Bowl and Combine), Josh Allen (Senior Bowl), Mike White (Senior Bowl and Combine), Brandon Silvers (Senior Bowl), Mason Rudolph (Senior Bowl), Kurt Benkert (Senior Bowl), Luke Falk (Senior Bowl), Kyle Lauletta (Scheduled meeting) Josh Rosen (Combine according to Marshawn Lynch)

WR: James Washington (Combine)

DT: Harrison Phillips (Senior Bowl and Combine), 

LB: Mike McCray (Senior Bowl), Darius Leonard (Senior Bowl)

Oline: Will Hernandez (Senior Bowl), Isiah Wynn (Senior Bowl), Kolton Miller (Combine), Frank Ragnow (Combine), Martinas Rankin (Scheduled meeting), Brandon Parker (Scheduled Meeting), Jaryd Jones-Smith (Combine), 

RB: Rashaad Penny (Combine), Derrius Guice (Combine), Jaylen Samuels (Senior Bowl and Combine)

TE: Ryan Izzo (Combine)

If you see anyone missing just add to it. I know Whaley has gone off of this list alot in the past but not sure what Beane will do as this will be his first official draft with the bills.

Bills updated pre draft meetings:

Qb Baker Mayfield Oklahoma

QB Josh Rosen UCLA

QB Mason Rudolph OSU

RB Rashaad Penny San Diego St

LB Fred Wagner BYU

LB Leighton Vander Esch Boise St

LB Roquan Smith Georgia

CB Denzel Ward Ohio St

CB Donte Jackson LSU

C Frank Ragnow Arkansas

TE Frank Goedert San Diego St

LB Dorian O'Daniel Clemson

CB Josh Jackson Iowa

WR DJ Clark LSU

QB Sam Darnold (isn't one of the 30 visits as he is working out for Bills in California and not in Buffalo)

CB Joshua Jackson Iowa

Edge Rusher Uchenna Nwosu USC

CB Jaire Alexander Louisville

(Still have up to 13 more visits with 2 weeks until the draft)

Outside of Ward Alexander Jackson Smith and Vender Esch all these other prospects seem to be day 2 or 3 picks. I am really thinking more and more they move up. I also saw a tweet from Tony Pauline saying he has heard from several sources mainly on the Giants side of things that the bills and giants have a blueprint of a trade in place that will likely happen at the later hours leading up to the draft as giants are still listening to other trade offers.

Heard on the radio that DJ Moore and Anthony Miller are or were in for their pre-draft visits. I'm extremely high on Anthony Miller. Hope we draft him in the second round.

My dream draft would have us taking Rosen and Miller somehow.

53 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Heard on the radio that DJ Moore and Anthony Miller are or were in for their pre-draft visits. I'm extremely high on Anthony Miller. Hope we draft him in the second round.

My dream draft would have us taking Rosen and Miller somehow.

The Wr group is kind of weak this year so him falling may not happen based on teams needs. Also only ridley has been proven to be the #1at his position in the draft and I even think that may not be the case as they all are all close in talent to where Miller or Moore can go 2nd at their position or 5-6th.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

The Wr group is kind of weak this year so him falling may not happen based on teams needs. Also only ridley has been proven to be the #1at his position in the draft and I even think that may not be the case as they all are all close in talent to where Miller or Moore can go 2nd at their position or 5-6th.

That could also be the reason they fall into the second round, which is where they belong. Given the talent at other positions, you don't just take a WR and pass on other positions of need in round one cuz you're desperate for one. I'd be surprised if more than 3 WR's go in round one (Sutton, Moore, Ridley). The talent likely to be available in the second round is deeper (Kirk, Miller, Washington, Chark, etc).  

Archived