Report: Vinny Curry expected to be released/traded

TheRealMcCoy

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Tampa has 71 million in cap space an extra 6th rounder and vinny makes them better. Kind of makes too much sense for them to not send us a 6th for him. 

yea Bucs make sense..sucs to lose him, but he was a luxury. But it definitely makes DE more of a position to watch in FA and the draft

Always loved Vinny. Shares a name with my son, for crying out loud! 

But for a $9 million cap hit, he won’t come back at that price. It’s a restructure, which seems unlikely, or cut/trade. Looks like it makes the most sense that he’s gone. Glad he will have ended his Eagles career with a ring, especially being a lifelong fan of the team. 

47 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don't see why we can't use him in at least a trade up. Releasing him makes no sense. There's got to be a few teams with some money to spend. 

yeah someone will trade for him a lot of teams have way too much money. 

I really am wondering about offset language in his contract. Meaning if they release him and take the 6 million dead money and someone signs him for 4 million then they gain that extra 4 mill back in cap space.

That would be worth more than a crappy pick in exchange.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I really am wondering about offset language in his contract. Meaning if they release him and take the 6 million dead money and someone signs him for 4 million then they gain that extra 4 mill back in cap space.

That would be worth more than a crappy pick in exchange.

Doesn't a post June 1st trade negate most of his dead money?

Archived