Worst coaching hire the last 20 years?

thebestever6

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

chip-kelly-tongue.gif

I Know we like to suggest this all the time Pete but I'll post this again. 

Sorry but disagree with almost all of it. 

Yes He got rid of the Trio of Desean, Shady and "Maclin" decided to leave. 

However as a coach he took Nick Foles , Mike Vick and Mark friggen Sanchez to a 20-12 record., NFCE Title.

He drafted or fought to draft Lane Johnson the Athletic RT he needed for his scheme and TE Zach Ertz who destroyed his Oregon teams in College. One could argue without those two players Eagles don't sniff a SB. Without Foles going crazy in 2013 in Chips System, Pederson doesn't adapt his play calling to what Foles did great (RPO), We don't sniff a SB. Chip incorporated the Sports Science to the program for the very first time , made a point of emphasis on ST being 1/3 of the game. Hired Stout, Hired Flipp.

It's easy to look at the dysfunctional nature in which the building was run, his relationship with Howie, Players, etc. However without those moves good or bad, the 2017 Eagles and their SB doesn't exist.

Shouldn't be listed in the slightest.

Edited March 6 by Nabbs4u

I'm grateful for the eneptitude that was Chip Kelly.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

I Know we like to suggest this all the time Pete but I'll post this again. 

Chip Kelly is the worst, but really the worst hire is Chip Kelly by the 49ers. The Eagles took an unknown and gave him a shot. It fooled teams for a year. But the 49ers saw that Chip Kelly was a turd of a coach and hired his smoothy making squirrel face anyway. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Chip Kelly is the worst, but really the worst hire is Chip Kelly by the 49ers. The Eagles took an unknown and gave him a shot. It fooled teams for a year. But the 49ers saw that Chip Kelly was a turd of a coach and hired his smoothy making squirrel face anyway. 

Now where 49er Chip is concerned, you might have a point. However he didn't pull a Saban , Kiffin or Petrino. Thus can't be in the mix for top billing IMO.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:49 PM, thebestever6 said:

This is simple I want the worst coaching hire the last 20 years in the nfl in general. Obviously a gm and coach has a better chance to be hire up.

Some candidates. 

1) Josh Mcdaniels- did his best to destroy a beloved franchise.

2) Steve Spurrier- guy was a terrible nfl coach/ gm. He had Danny Wuerfell as his qb.

3) chip Kelly- see Josh Mcdaniels.

4) Marvin Lewis- whats it been 16 years no results. 

5) Bobby Pertrino- walked out on his team.

6) Jeff Fisher- ruins qb.

Terrible list beyond Petrino

Its Petrino or Singletary, period

Any answer besides Hue Jackson is incorrect, imo.

I'm sorry but 1-31 is historically bad.

The fact he still coaches there, is a true mystery to me.

They could have hired an actor as coach & produced more wins then that.

Seriously, they could have hired Liam Neeson to be there coach & probably would have won at least 2, accidentally.

And there's been some bad coaches over the last 20 years.

But Hue Jackson makes our former coach Steve Spurrier, look like Chuck Knoll.

It's quite sad, actually.

2 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Terrible list beyond Petrino

Its Petrino or Singletary, period

You're way too kind to those coaches. Jeff fisher was a stretch so was Marvin the rest I stand by. Ah well this threads been going for 7 pages. I forgot I made it a couple of times. Thats my only purpose of that list.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You're way too kind to those coaches. Jeff fisher was a stretch so was Marvin the rest I stand by. Ah well this threads been going for 7 pages. I forgot I made it a couple of times. Thats my only purpose of that list.

Yah, including those guys who have 15 playoff appearances and a SB appearance is tough for me. Criticize away, don't get me wrong, but they are far from worst ever lists. Every single Browns hire is worse than them for example, lol. 

Spurrier maybe, because he showed a complete inability to even attempt to adjust to the NFL. Kelly brought a lot of good things with him and was worth the gamble at the very least IMO. Two winning season and a respectable one in his third year with Sanchez, corpse of Vick and Foles. Wish he got more time in SF, but oh well. 

14 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Well, yes, but..................................the SMOOTHIES!!!

Image result for Chip Kelly smoothies

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"

Image result for Chip Kelly

"Oh, you're just SO BUFF, you Big Bruiser!!!"

Image result for Chip Kelly

41 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Yah, including those guys who have 15 playoff appearances and a SB appearance is tough for me. Criticize away, don't get me wrong, but they are far from worst ever lists. Every single Browns hire is worse than them for example, lol. 

Spurrier maybe, because he showed a complete inability to even attempt to adjust to the NFL. Kelly brought a lot of good things with him and was worth the gamble at the very least IMO. Two winning season and a respectable one in his third year with Sanchez, corpse of Vick and Foles. Wish he got more time in SF, but oh well. 

Chip is an ego maniac he didn't get along with anyone.  He shipped their best rb ever out of town. He signed Maxwell too a large deal when we knew he was a product of the legion of boom. Please, don't act like chip is great. Once the NFL adjusted to him he was done.

On 3/5/2018 at 11:35 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Didn't Art Shell bomb his 2nd stint with the Raiders?

He was the one that said Randy Moss was done - in 2006.

As for who is the worst coaching hire in the last 20 years, I'd have to say it was Singletary.  Dropping his pants to motivate his team pretty much solidified him at the top of this list for me.  He as a great player, but a horrible coach.  He tried to be Mike Ditka and failed miserably in the attempt.

Archived