What's your big board? 2018 edition!

RaidersAreOne

Guys I don't expect to be there: Barkley, Chubb, Nelson.

1) Vita Vea - Force of nature who changes the complexion of the front 7.

2) Denzel Ward - Elite athlete with the technique to match. Rare.

3) Trade back -  - You can always find a parter for a fair deal. I'd take a 1st from 15-21, two 2nds or a 2nd and a 2019 2nd, and a 4th.

4) Derrius Guice - Some will balk at taking a runningback this early in the RB rich class, but he's a difference maker who adds wins.

5) Josh Jackson - Immensely talented and instinctive corner.

6) Tremaine Edmunds - See above, except for linebacker.

7) Roquan Smith - Sideline to sideline dynamo who will need a Vita Vea to keep him clean.

8) Derwin James - I project him as a linebacker. Great athleticism and still developing as a football player.

9) Minkah Fitzpatrick - Nickel backer with some outside corner upside.

10) Harold Landry - The best pure pass rusher in the class. Only a part time player to start.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:28 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

For me right now without doing too much digging.  Red players probably won't fall to us.

1. Saquon Barkley
  2. Bradley Chubb
  3. Minkah Fitzpatrick
  4. Derwin James
  5. Roquan Smith
  6. Derrius Guice
  7. Vita Vea
  8. Quenten Nelson
  9. Da'ron Payne
  10. Terrell Edmunds

And with the 10th pick in the NFL draft the Oakland Raiders select Denzel Ward DB Ohio State.

My top 3 and who I believe have a real chance to be available at 10.

1. LB Roquan Smith - We have needed a true cover LB forever. Smith can do it all, run sideline to sideline and cover TEs. Huge need for us.

2. DL Taven Bryan - He is almost 300lbs and plays so fast, so strong. Line him up opposite of Mack and we got something special.

2. NT Vita Vea - He is just gonna make everyone else better.

Some changes post free agency:

1) Trade back - I feel the roster is solid enough post free agency to not take a premier talent in lieu of more picks in the second day. I believe there should be at leat a couple teams who will want to move up for one of the two safeties or linebackers that will fall.

2) Vita Vea - Even with Justin Ellis re-signed, adding Vea would really make for a no run zone in the middle of the defense -- a far cry from last year's porous interior.

3) Denzel Ward - An elite corner prospect who could thrive in the slot during his first year.

4) Tremaine Edmunds - At only 19 years old, there are few players as physically gifted and naturally savvy as Edmunds -- a near perfect linebacker prospect in 2018.

5) Roquan Smith - Smith has the lightning to pair with Whitehead's thump. The defensive line will need to be built up to keep him clean.

6) Taven Bryan - He's not J.J. Watt, but he might be Chris Jones. Bryan has edge-like bend with interior lineman strength and size.

7) Courtland Sutton - With Nelson turning 33 by the time the 2018 season kicks off, the team needs to consider both a succession plan and proper depth at the position. Sutton is Nelson-like in the way he offers precision route running and ball skills in an elite-sized package.

8) Derrius Guice - The signing of Doug Martin pushes him down a bit, but there's no guarantee Martin will survive training camp, let alone competing with a player like Guice. A 1-2 punch of Lynch and Guice would make defenses think twice about playing the Raiders.

9) Harold Landry - Keeping Irvin does allow the team to ship off edge rusher for at least another year, but Landry could be the player Irvin was supposed to be: a true Von Miller lite.

10) Derwin James - I still look at James as a linebacker prospect for the Raiders. Paired with Whitehead, the Raiders would be set at the position for the foreseeable future.

Good write up. And I'm very close to you in players and order. I'd have James higher and would probably be a bit disappointed if we picked Sutton - but understand the reasoning. I would put Davenport in following a trade back too. I'm a bit of a sucker for these freaky athletes and while a risk, if we had another high pick to offset it, the reward could be worth it to have a genuine pass rush threat opposite Mack. 

I feel pretty good going into the draft. I think Reggie/Gruden have done a good job in filling holes. And for me the difference between my top 5 players (Vea, Ward, Smith, Edmunds, James) is minimal. I'd be as happy with any one of them.

1. Saquon Barkley - not a big need but he would be too good to pass on.

2. Bradley Chubb - elite prospect and a perfect fit for Guenthers 43 D.

3. Minkah Fitzpatrick - not sure where we play him but could be a difference maker in the seconDary.  Maybe play him as slot CB in a Honey Badger type role or move either him or Obi to CB.

4. Denzel Ward - we still really need a CB even with the addition of Melvin.  Ward is a great man CB for our scheme and can play outside or in the slot year 1.

5. Jaire Alexander - similar analysis as Ward.

6. Derwin James - can’t be moved to CB like Fitz but I think he can play the slot.  Awkward fit next to KJ and Obi but I don’t think we should pass on a potentially elite player for those two.

7. Tremaine Edmunds 

8. Roquan Smith

9. Leighton Vander Esch

10. Maurice Hurst - perfect fit for the 3 tech role in Guenther’s D.

Overall, after Bark + Chubb and maybe Minkah I would be fine with any of those guys as I have similar grades on all of them.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:28 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

For me right now without doing too much digging.  Red players probably won't fall to us.

1. Saquon Barkley
  2. Bradley Chubb
  3. Minkah Fitzpatrick
  4. Derwin James
  5. Roquan Smith
  6. Derrius Guice
  7. Vita Vea
  8. Quenten Nelson
  9. Da'ron Payne
  10. Terrell Edmunds

Do you actually have Terrell Edmunds on there or do you mean Tremaine?

Archived