What's your big board? 2018 edition!

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Why do you see him as a OT in the NFL instead of a OG?

Footwork and technique is A1 saw him neutralize the best pass rushers weekly at ot. I don’t think he’s strong enough to handle dts consistently. But handles de’s and olbs with ease. Was he awesome at og? All I’ve seen is him at ot am I missing something? 

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Footwork and technique is A1 saw him neutralize the best pass rushers weekly at ot. I don’t think he’s strong enough to handle dts consistently. But handles de’s and olbs with ease. Was he awesome at og? All I’ve seen is him at ot am I missing something? 

Strictly size. 6'2-3'ish with 33 inch arms is a Guard in the league even though he has some OT attributes. We'll see how things work out but that was my view.

Final board based on need, class depth, positional value, and player talent.

1) Vita Vea: Game changer up the middle. He eats up blocks and re-establishes the line of scrimmage. While he won't make the biggest impact on the stat sheet, he makes things easier for the players around him.

2) Denzel Ward: An elite talent at corner with the technique to match. Still, I have tome reservations picking him in round 1 with the talent depth going into round 2.

3) Tremaine Edmunds: A starter ready player with a sky-high upside. Flexible as an strong, middle, and weakside backer.

4) Roquan Smith: Weakside only player with NFL polish to his game. Definition of a sideline to sideline player with man to man coverage chops.

5) Maurice Hurst: 3 technique dynamo would give the Raiders the complementary rusher they've always longed for. Size, limited athleticism, and heart issue still scare me.

6) Mike McGlinchey: Well balanced technician who can get it done on either side of the offensive line from day one.

7) Minkah Fitzpatrick: I envision him as the starting slot corner/dime backer for the Raiders. He has about a 50/50 shot of being a good starting outside corner in time.

8) Derwin James: I look at his as a weakside linebacker/dime backer. Has similar ability to Roquan Smith in that spot with less polish and stopping power, but surprisingly more pass rush ability.

9) Isaiah Wynn: Draft him as a tackle and put him on the right side in year one. I believe he has both enough length and athleticism to thrive on the outside.

10) Derrius Guice: The depth of the runners in this class will push Guice down, but none have his combination of demeanor and size. He'd be a perfect pairing with the player he models his game after, Marshawn Lynch.

48 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

3) Tremaine Edmunds: A starter ready player with a sky-high upside. Flexible as an strong, middle, and weakside backer.

6) Mike McGlinchey: Well balanced technician who can get it done on either side of the offensive line from day one.

Sell me on either of these guys. I have round 2 grades on both

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sell me on either of these guys. I have round 2 grades on both

I agree that Mike G will slide some but having a 2nd rd grade on Edmunds says alot. I think there has been plenty of breakdowns on him on here and all over the draft sites and experts. If you need to be sold now then you just won't get it.

22 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I agree that Mike G will slide some but having a 2nd rd grade on Edmunds says alot. I think there has been plenty of breakdowns on him on here and all over the draft sites and experts. If you need to be sold now then you just won't get it.

It was rhetorical, but yes. Not sold on Edmunds. He's all size and potential at this point. I can't buy potential with a top 10 pick. 

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It was rhetorical, but yes. Not sold on Edmunds. He's all size and potential at this point. I can't buy potential with a top 10 pick. 

Check him out in coverage. He is unreal. He has everything you could ever dream of in a LB prospect, and then some. You are right he has a lot of potential, but that does not mean his floor is low. He was an awesome player as a teenager! He has to clean up some stuff but he has the ability to step in day one and perform at a high level.

I am curious as to what makes him a 2nd rounder? Is it the false steps? The inexperience? Or the fact that since he is an A+ athlete, people assume that is all he is?

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Check him out in coverage. He is unreal. He has everything you could ever dream of in a LB prospect, and then some. You are right he has a lot of potential, but that does not mean his floor is low. He was an awesome player as a teenager! He has to clean up some stuff but he has the ability to step in day one and perform at a high level.

I am curious as to what makes him a 2nd rounder? Is it the false steps? The inexperience? Or the fact that since he is an A+ athlete, people assume that is all he is?

He doesn't though. He lacks instincts and feel for the game. Run gap integrity was lacking as a result. He was a ghost for long stretches at a time in games. And for all the size and athletic ability, he doesn't dominate the way I'd expect. 

He's got major upside with the right coaching, but I'm not sold on him as a football player. He could be great, or he could never put it together and be another guy who looks good getting off the bus. 

The gap between he and Smith as football players is a wide. I'm buying Smiths football intelligence, instincts, etc. as a top 10 package. Edmunds... it's too big a risk for vs. the reward.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yeah right...

And production. Avg 100tackles, 15tfl and 5 sacks last 2 years.

I started to break him down again but screw that. Think and sleep if you want.

35 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah right...

And production. Avg 100tackles, 15tfl and 5 sacks last 2 years.

I started to break him down again but screw that. Think and sleep if you want.

Again... not saying he won't be good. In fact, I think with the right coaching he will blossom into a heck of a player. But at 10 overall, you can't risk drafting upside potential. There is to much downside risk with guys like him and Davenport. That's why I like them more later on. 

At 10, they have to nail the pick. Day 1 impact player. 

Archived