Running Backs, Positional Value, And The 2018 Prospects

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Because we only have 1 pick in the entire draft...

thsi is the only time we will have our choice like for real for real, in a draft in which there are qbs good enough to be taken at 1 overall

keep

it

simple

stupid

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If it’s a QB the team is moving up for, the likeliest teams would be Den (5), NYJ (6), AZ (15) and BUF (21,22) with MIA (11) and CIN (12) as dark horse options.

Denver and NYJ would be great options as we’d have almost identical options.

Buffalo could put together a heck of a package, but it would require a 1st next year as well.  3 firsts?!?!?  Some will love that, some won’t.

Cincinnati is going to have to pay a premuim as they’re in the division. Not sure I’d help them out tbh....

Miami could be a good option, but it would take a first next year and maybe a bit more.

I am obviously in the let's make a deal group if we go QB #1 overall and Bark is gone by #4. Honestly after the QB and Bark there is a huge cluster of "I don't care as long as we pick one of them BPA talent" logjam. Vea? Kid is looking more and more like Ngata. Yes please. Nelson? Yes. Ward? He is showing why he should be considered right now. Edmund? O.o. And of course there is still Chubb, Fitz, and James. 

If you told me that Bark is off the board and we could potentially trade with Cards at #11 from #4 and still have a shot at any one of these players plus pick up more than like an extra second this year and plenty other cash and prizes in 2019? I'd be all for it. 

#4 is looking like the spot to be in. If QB hungry teams trade up in the #2 and #3 spots then Bark is ours for the taking. If not then we can rack a team over the coals and still come out with a big time player. April can't get here quick enough... 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

thsi is the only time we will have our choice like for real for real, in a draft in which there are qbs good enough to be taken at 1 overall

keep

it

simple

stupid

Obviously you didn't understand my way of saying we have 11 other picks in this draft we are talking about.

I do think LETSGOBROWNIES made it pretty darn clear though.

Not trying to be an *** but we still have tons to debate even after QB goes #1 overall which I believe we all agree should and will happen.  We were and are debating on the options beyond that selection.

5 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Obviously you didn't understand my way of saying we have 11 other picks in this draft we are talking about.

I do think LETSGOBROWNIES made it pretty darn clear though.

Not trying to be an *** but we still have tons to debate even after QB goes #1 overall which I believe we all agree should and will happen.  We were and are debating on the options beyond that selection.

no, i did.  your point is less than cogent.

take the qb.

i just dont see how anyone could have looked at last year's strat of taking the best 3 first rounders that werent qbs and waiting until later in the draft to get the QB, and a subsequential 0-16 record (granted i understand that trubisky wasnt on the same level as these qbs in terms of prospects and i have no problem with takign garrett) 

and then thinking
hey you know what, that worked out last year

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i just dont see how anyone could have looked at last year's strat of taking the best 3 first rounders that werent qbs and waiting until later in the draft to get the QB, and a subsequential 0-16 record (granted i understand that trubisky wasnt on the same level as these qbs in terms of prospects and i have no problem with takign garrett) 

and then thinking
hey you know what, that worked out last year

THIS.

...or doing it in the late first with our 2nd first rounder 3 times (Quinn, Weeden, Manziel).

...or trying the mid/late round project route pretty much every other year since 1999.

...or chickening out and refusing to draft Franchise caliber QB's when we've had the chance/trading back (Wentz/Watson).

Draft the guy #1 overall and don't look back.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’re mostly talking at 4.

We’re assuming QB is already taken care of.

Best player in the draft, position of need, generational talent, QB already taken care of. You’re just a hater with an agenda.

5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Best player in the draft

I love when people say this before they play a single NFL snap...just like the 49ers "WON THE DRAFT!!!!!" last year on draft day and now Foster may be an off the field bust and Solomon Thomas was wildly inconsistent. 

position of need,

Absolutely. So is CB, S, WR.

generational talent,

My least favorite phrase/word every year. Just like Zeke, Gurley, and Trent Richardson are all "Clearly the best RB prospect since AD".

And just so we’re clear @pnies20, what’s my agenda?

Do you think if I discuss it enough on FF I’m going to start some fan backed movement that convinces Dorsey to pass on Barkley if he wants to take him? ? 

Dafuq you think I’m trying to accomplish here short of killing time while I work?

I think its simple.....we take the QB at #1....any other talk I am automatically considering it nonsense.

At 4, I think its 1. Barkley/2. Fitzpatrick/3. Nelson/4. Trade Down.....that's the only way I see it turning out. (Now I also believe that Nelson is Bruce Mathews...)

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I love when people say this before they play a single NFL snap..

Right?!? 

Absolutely. So is CB, S, WR.

Arguably LT too.

My least favorite phrase/word every year. Just like Zeke, Gurley, and Trent Richardson are all "Clearly the best RB prospect since AD".

For some folks a generation most only be 11ish months.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ooooh, making it personal I see lol.

But, just to be clear, when he's making fun of OSU fans publicly for wanting Cleveland to draft Buckeyes that may actually be good players (newsflash, look at a bunch of NFL rosters and see how many Buckeyes they have and how good that team is...like the Steelers or Saints), we're bias/he'll refuse to publicly admit fault. When he mocks 3 PSU guys to the Buckeyes in 1 draft, it's just a random occurrence. 

Archived