Who helped/hurt their stock the most so far?

SteelKing728

I figure this an important topic to discuss since not all of us follow NFL prospects as much as we should (for a site called footballs future)!

So, after the combine, who helped their stock the most? Who did the most harm?

Which round do you expect that prospect to go?

Discuss!!

Helped

Shaquem Griffin

Will Hernandez

Lorenzo Carter

Leighton Vander Esch

Jaire Alexander

Tony Brown

D.J. Chark

Kolton Miller

Troy Apke

Bo Scarbrough

Josh Sweat 

Nick Chubb

Hurt

Orlando Brown

Tarvarus McFadden

Josh Jackson

Arden Key

T.J. Martin 

Auden Tate

James Washington

I haven't gone nearly as in depth this year, and instead have just been looking more specifically at positions of need for Chicago.

Hurt their stock:

Brown-OT.... That might have been the worst combine I've ever seen a prospect have.

Ridley-WR, Kirk-WR, Washington-WR:  Disappointed with all 3 of them.  Ridley I had a top 10 guy, and I think now he's a 15-25 guy... Kirk I had as a 15-25 guy, and now I think is probably an early 2nd rounder.... and Washington after his senior bowl was potentially a borderline 1st rounder, is imo back down to a mid 2nd rounder..

Josh Jackson-CB.. Slow and looked stiff in a few drills... There was potential top 10 hype on him... and that's just gone now.

Helped their stock:

Sequon Barkley-RB Not that his stock needed a big boost, but dude lit it up

Taven Bryan-DL  Outstanding combine from him all around 

Gesicki-TE  He's in the 99th percentile for NFL TEs right now... His blocking is atrocious he could quite possibly be a full time "TE" that's effectively a wr.

Ward-CB  If he was a few inches taller he'd be a top 10 lock no question... I think his combine was good enough to make teams overlook the height.

Vita Vea-DT.... limited in what we got to see since he pulled a hammy.... but 5.1 speed at his size is still nuts.

DJ Chark-WR: Arguably one of the best combines of any position this draft year.... People where hoping he would slip to the 4th.... I think he goes earlier-mid 2nd round now

Gallup-WR A guy I wasn't high on because I didn't think he had great athleticism proved me wrong... another potential 4th rounder guy who moved up at least a round I think

Landry-Edge  Him being one of the best SPARQ # edge rushers this year probably gave his stock the shot in the arm it needed.Sadly I think that knocked him out of my teams range (hoping he made it to the second), and I think he lands in the 15-32 range now.

Carter-Edge He had a very favorable combine compared to his former teammate and current Bear Leonard Floyd.... Yet Floyd was considered a top 10 pick, and Carter is looked at like a 3rd rounder.... ./shrug.  Draft sleeper if he goes anywhere past the front half of the 2nd, imo.

Lorenzo Carter. I knew this would happen. I forget what poster I was talking to about Carter a month or so ago and we came to the conclusion that he would likely rip apart the combine and finally get the recognition he deserves. Carter has star potential and is surprisingly refined already. He's going to get taken in the late 1st where most people didn't have him in the first 90 picks a month ago despite having some really good tape.

DJ Chark looked blazing fast on tape. The combine backed this up. His stock went up.

Josh Allen has the best arm talent I've ever seen. JaMarcus Russell is jealous of that arm. He's certainly got issues, but he also has the most impressive arm on the planet right now. Watching him throw dots 60 yards down the field made my nipples a little bit hard.

Desmond Harrison. He looked like a freaking mutant running through drills. I don't know anything about his character issues, but apparently he's kind of a punk. That being said, he moves like a linebacker.

The two L.S.U. guys, Key and Chark. One up, one down. ;-) Nobody hurt themselves as much as Orlando Brown, based on where he was previously projected. Harrison Phillips and Taven Bryan made money. Vea and Payne are both top-15 picks now, probably. Bradley Chubb is a top-5 lock, seems. So is Josh Allen.  Derwin James helped himself a lot.

Not much from the past few days surprised me. People saying a players stock went up because he was athletic on tape and tested well, why are you double counting a strength? If you already knew he was athletic, then let it be.

Troy Apke tested better than I expected and Sam Hubbard looked more explosive than I thought he did on tape. Those are about the only two I thought showed some clear differences compared to tape.

Orlando Brown was never going to test well but that was literally awful and one of the worst performances ever. Jamarco Jones quietly disappointed with all the negative Brown talk going on. It was believe Jamarco didn't take a lot of pro pass sets simply because of the offense he was in but maybe he just never had the athleticism to begin with either. Makes the projection much harder now.

Orlando Brown should fire whoever advised him to walk on that field and put those numbers into the universe.

I can’t help but think he’d have been better off faking a tweaked hammy or something. Literally the worst combine performance I think I’ve ever seen.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Josh Allen has the best arm talent I've ever seen. JaMarcus Russell is jealous of that arm. He's certainly got issues, but he also has the most impressive arm on the planet right now. Watching him throw dots 60 yards down the field made my nipples a little bit hard.

The other QBs were looking at him the way people look at the broad with the Dragons in Game of Thrones.

Shaquem Griffin had the best combine, although the attention was due to his missing hand, he lit it up regardless and proved his legitimacy.

Orlando Brown literally tested far worse than I would have at my peak.  He has me in maybe Height and Weight, and that's it.  And remember now, this is an actual, real life NFL prospect and I am nothing,

25 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Shaquem Griffin had the best combine, although the attention was due to his missing hand, he lit it up regardless and proved his legitimacy.

He also ran the fastest 40 for a LB in like 15 years too.  Hand or not, kid put on a show.

25 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Orlando Brown literally tested far worse than I would have at my peak.  He has me in maybe Height and Weight, and that's it.  And remember now, this is an actual, real life NFL prospect and I am nothing,

Lots of dudes in any gym can beat him numbers, and doing so isn’t even impressive. He put up numbers a D1 high school recruit would be embarrassed by.

I know he looks better than that on tape, but I’m not sure what type pick you invest on a guy who gets beat by old guys at the local YMCA in combine events.  

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lots of dudes in any gym can beat him numbers, and doing so isn’t even impressive. He put up numbers a D1 high school recruit would be embarrassed by.

I know he looks better than that on tape, but I’m not sure what type pick you invest on a guy who gets beat by old guys at the local YMCA in combine events.  

Well to be fair, a lot of gym rats can beat a lot of bench press combine numbers.  Bench press isn't super important for NFL players, but 14 reps is hot garbage.  

The 40 and vertical is even worse, fat, out of shape guys can beat both.  

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Well to be fair, a lot of gym rats can beat a lot of bench press combine numbers.  Bench press isn't super important for NFL players, but 14 reps is hot garbage.  

I don’t mean gym rats, I mean dudes who lift to try to keep from being out of shape. Bench press in and of itself means nothing, but it does show overall strength and dedication in the weight room.  Some positions it matters more than others.  I’d argue for OL it matters a bit.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

The 40 and vertical is even worse, fat, out of shape guys can beat both.  

Yes.  I’ve never seen jumps that awful.

Archived