Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soflbillsfan

Chris Ivory Signed

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

According to Adam Schefter bills signed Ivory to a 2 year deal. Big fan of him playing backup to Shady.

2 years $5.5 million with $3.25 million in guarantees

Edited by soflbillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice between tackle compliment to Shady. Won't be primary back here so not worried about the wear and tear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Nice between tackle compliment to Shady. Won't be primary back here so not worried about the wear and tear 

Completely agree. I've seen a ton of complaints with him being an older back but I don't see why it matters. He's a change of pace back who brings something different and won't be getting hundreds of carries, who cares if he's a little older?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Completely agree. I've seen a ton of complaints with him being an older back but I don't see why it matters. He's a change of pace back who brings something different and won't be getting hundreds of carries, who cares if he's a little older?

He also doesn't have that many miles on him (mostly because he's been hurt a lot but still).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hesitant on what to think of this signing. I guess he's more of an actual running back than Toldozer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Hesitant on what to think of this signing. I guess he's more of an actual running back than Toldozer. 

Jags fans say he was solid last year and I believe them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Jags fans say he was solid last year and I believe them.

He played alright but Fournette dominated the show with other guys in the backfield like Yeldon and Grant so he was starting to get buried in the depth chart. Also keep in mind that Marrone and Hackett were running the offense just look at how it worked out when Spiller was in Buffalo, they kept misusing him so I think he will improve from what he did in jacksonville but I do not expect him to be that probowler that was with the Jets. Either way it fills a hole before free agency and draft start and this means no more TOLBERT!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice signing. Doesn't completely rule out taking a RB late this year but at least now we don't have too.

Lots of younger guys in Jones, Cadet, Green and Murphy to bring to camp and fight for the 3rd spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a huge fan of this deal. 3.25 million guaranteed and 2 years 5.5 million seems a little high for a backup RB. I do believe he can be a decent change of pace and short yardage back, but I feel like we could have found another RB that could do that at half the price or we could just draft a RB in the middle to late rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would still be tempted to look at one of the high ceiling low floor RBs late in the draft. If someone like Akrum Wadley is there in the 5th he would be worth a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I like how (along with the vontae davis move) this has no influence on comp picks for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

 I like how (along with the vontae davis move) this has no influence on comp picks for next year.

Yes definitely another bonus of signing them. bills should look at Mo Wilkerson as this will have the same result of not losing out on comp picks and get a solid DT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yes definitely another bonus of signing them. bills should look at Mo Wilkerson as this will have the same result of not losing out on comp picks and get a solid DT

He has Dareus syndrome according to Jets fans.

I think this front office would much rather avoid that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yes definitely another bonus of signing them. bills should look at Mo Wilkerson as this will have the same result of not losing out on comp picks and get a solid DT

I wouldn't mind bringing in Wilkerson. I know that McDermott usually shies away from players with baggage, but I think a one year incentive laden prove it deal wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×