Duck's Mock Draft 7.0

Da_Ducktator

Post-Combine Update. I will be getting all my defensive rankings posted over the next couple weeks and an update of offensive rankings (slight changes, Combine didn't so me much I didn't already know for 95+% of the offensive guys) probably by the end of the day over at my Draft Central. So without further ado...

*Kirk Cousins signing with the Vikings and A.J. McCarron signing with the Browns (on a Glennon type deal while letting a rookie sit) are the only FA assumption I'm making*

1. Cleveland Browns - QB Josh Allen, Wyoming
  2. New York Giants - QB Josh Rosen, UCLA
  3. Indianapolis Colts - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
  4. Cleveland Browns (from Houston) - S/CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
  5. Denver Broncos - QB Sam Darnold, USC
  6. New York Jets - QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
  7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - EDGE Bradley Chubb, North Carolina State
  8. Chicago Bears - LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
  9. San Francisco 49ers - CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
  10. Oakland Raiders - SS/LB Derwin James, Florida State
  11. Miami Dolphins - OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame
  12. Cincinnati Bengals - OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
  13. Washington Redskins - NT Vita Vea, Washington
  14. Green Bay Packers - LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State
  15. Arizona Cardinals - LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
  16. Baltimore Ravens - DT/DE Da'Ron Payne, Alabama
  17. Los Angeles Chargers - OT/OG Connor Williams, Texas
  18. Seattle Seahawks - OG Will Hernandez, UTEP
  19. Dallas Cowboys - DT Taven Bryan, Florida
  20. Detroit Lions - RB Derrius Guice, LSU
  21. Buffalo Bills - EDGE Harold Landry, Boston College
  22. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City) - OT Kolton Miller, UCLA
  23. Los Angeles Rams - EDGE Josh Sweat, Florida State
  24. Carolina Panthers - WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
  25. Tennessee Titans - EDGE Sam Hubbard, Ohio State
  26. Atlanta Falcons - CB Josh Jackson, Iowa
  27. New Orleans Saints - QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville
  28. Pittsburgh Steelers - EDGE Marcus Davenport, UTSA
  29. Jacksonville Jaguars - DT B.J. Hill, North Carolina State
  30. Minnesota Vikings - OG Austin Corbett, Nevada
  31. New England Patriots - EDGE Lorenzo Carter, Georgia
  32. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Brian O'Neill, Pittsburgh

14 minutes ago, Phingasm 23 said:

Dolphins aren't going to spend a first rounder on oline.  You don't have anyone getting Keenum or Bradford or giving up a first for Foles?  

I believe those things will obviously happen, I am just not going to waste time speculating on things that don't seem anywhere near close to having a solution. Everything is pointing to Kirk going to Minnesota after the early momentum was with Denver, and McCarron is basically a lock to end up with Hue. Giving McCarron a Glennon deal and drafting a QB with huge potential to sit, similar to what the Bears did (except Allen has way more arm talent than Trubisky), seems to be the best course of action.

Oh, and I think Foles ends up going to Buffalo. Either that or Buffalo sells the farm to move up for Josh Allen. One or the other is where I would strongly hedge my bet right now. Keenum is the only one of that group that would likely change a teams mind about drafting a QB, but even then, I am not sure that it would. Bradford is made of glass and will be a bridge solution, nothing more.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If the Browns draft Josh Allen, I'm going to break something.

Sorry, but if they sign McCarron, I feel like this is really likely. Giving Allen the chance to sit is the only chance he fulfills his potential. I know Browns fans don't want to hear it, and I get it, but it's a very real possibility.

4 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Sorry, but if they sign McCarron, I feel like this is really likely. Giving Allen the chance to sit is the only chance he fulfills his potential. I know Browns fans don't want to hear it, and I get it, but it's a very real possibility.

It's a possibility, but my point above stands. He's JaMarcus Russell 2.0. Absolutely horrific prospect on film. He's a 4th Round project that will get drafted WAY too high.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's a possibility, but my point above stands. He's JaMarcus Russell 2.0. Absolutely horrific prospect on film. He's a 4th Round project that will get drafted WAY too high.

JaMarcus failed because he was a lackadaisical piece of crap and honestly, comparing Allen to him is a bit lazy as well. I am not a fan of Allen, but the kid is tough as nails and is a competitor. He was already a guaranteed 1st rounder and decided to play in a meaningless bowl game against a nobody team just to have one last chance to play with his teammates. If Allen fails, it's not going to because he didn't put the work on. 

1 minute ago, Da_Ducktator said:

JaMarcus failed because he was a lackadaisical piece of crap and honestly, comparing Allen to him is a bit lazy as well. I am not a fan of Allen, but the kid is tough as nails and is a competitor. He was already a guaranteed 1st rounder and decided to play in a meaningless bowl game against a nobody team just to have one last chance to play with his teammates. If Allen fails, it's not going to because he didn't put the work on. 

NO, if he fails it will be because he's the most inaccurate "top tier" QB I've seen in years. Accuracy is the best indicator when evaluating QB's, aside from the outlier that is Brett Favre. Even Matt Stafford showed tremendous improvement his final two years year to year.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

NO, if he fails it will be because he's the most inaccurate "top tier" QB I've seen in years. Accuracy is the best indicator when evaluating QB's, aside from the outlier that is Brett Favre. Even Matt Stafford showed tremendous improvement his final two years year to year.

And that's not the reason Jamarcus Russell failed so why are you comparing Allen to him? Reminds me of Kyle Boller except a big bigger and cleaner throwing motion. Allen could end up being the next Favre though. That's the kind of ridiculous tools the kid flashes and like I said, work ethic and competitive nature is in his wheelhouse as well. Allen shows some baffling decision-making at times though because he has a ton of trust in his superb arm and (awful) receivers, and though he is a great athlete, the guy struggles when forced to move (39 completion percentage against pressure, doesn't reset his feet and shoulders when on the move, relying strictly on arm to get the ball places which is what causes the erratic accuracy in those situations).

Again, I am not "pro-Josh Allen." I view him similar as Kizer; he would be an amazing stash option in the 2nd round because of the ridiculous raw tools shown at the most premier position in sports. But starting him from day one is asking for trouble as he needs work. But I am not the NFL, and the NFL f'ing loves taking chances on guys like this. Allen is going high, very possibly the first pick, and the sooner people swallow that fact, the better.

3 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

And that's not the reason Jamarcus Russell failed so why are you comparing Allen to him?

Big frame and big armed inaccurate passer who was hyped as "maybe the most physically gifted player to ever play the position" coming out. 6'6, 265, and could throw the ball close to 80 yards in the air (sounds familiar to me), making a BIG impression at the NFL combine.

Reminds me of Kyle Boller except a big bigger and cleaner throwing motion.

LOL. What a hopeful comparison. 

Allen could end up being the next Favre though.

I could also win the lottery tomorrow night.

That's the kind of ridiculous tools the kid flashes and like I said, work ethic and competitive nature is in his wheelhouse as well.

Ah, FLASHES. Yes...an optimistic way of saying "inconsistent".

Allen shows some baffling decision-making at times though because he has a ton of trust in his superb arm

He's a poor man's gunslinger, got it.

and (awful) receivers,

Didn't seem to hinder Carson Wentz at NDSU.

and though he is a great athlete, the guy struggles when forced to move (39 completion percentage against pressure, doesn't reset his feet and shoulders when on the move, relying strictly on arm to get the ball places which is what causes the erratic accuracy in those situations).

Yeah, not exactly a vote of confidence here.

Again, I am not "pro-Josh Allen." I view him similar as Kizer; he would be an amazing stash option in the 2nd round because of the ridiculous raw tools shown at the most premier position in sports. But starting him from day one is asking for trouble as he needs work. But I am not the NFL, and the NFL f'ing loves taking chances on guys like this.

And people wonder why the thought of TAKING HIM FREAKING NUMBER ONE OVERALL MAKES ME ANGRY. LOL.

Allen is going high, very possibly the first pick, and the sooner people swallow that fact, the better.

Not at all. When this happens, I'm taking a hiatus from this stupid organization. It's stupid that I can sit here at home and watch a handful of college football games and draft better than them. It's hilarious and stupid at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

I'm glad Browns fans are really reasonable and never immature in their arguments.

I gave you legitimate comparisons and observations. You want to ignore them and belittle them, go ahead. If you want to resort to one word labels and sarcasm, then feel free. Your own admission is that he's a 2nd round project guy that isn't ready, and you wonder why I'd be mad about drafting him #1 overall.

This has nothing to do with YOUR mock draft and everything to do with what the Browns SHOULD NOT do, which is draft a project QB that struggles with accuracy and pressure #1 overall, especially when better options are available.

Archived