Duck's Mock Draft 7.0

Da_Ducktator

39 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

I'm not sure the Jags draft a DT at all, let alone in the first round. Probably the deepest position on the team with Malik Jackson, Marcell Dareus, Abry Jones, Michael Bennett, and even Calais Campbell.

I certainly went with more of a luxury pick for them at that spot. The Jags seem to be a team though that understands loading up on depth, specifically on the defense and Hill has an argument for being the BPA at that point.

I think their biggest need comes from needing to put talent around Bortles to hide his deficiencies and think they would probably trade down a few picks and take a tight end like Goedert or Gesicki a few picks later and try to add another pick in the process. Brian O'Neill would make sense too though, whether or not they believe Cam Robinson (34th pick in the draft last year), is one of the answers at T, O'Neill has experience playing both sides.

22 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

You already know the deal by now for the Falcons.  It's a very bad pick with a 99% chance of not happening as of right now before FA :)

;)

12 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Although Minkah Fitzpatrick may make more sense for the Browns at fourth overall, I think Chubb is the better pick.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I would love seeing Lorenzo Carter play for the Patriots. Perfect fit for both.

I currently give Minkah the slightest edge over Chubb on my personal board. Both are great players who will likely, at least, be quality starters for many years. I think the Browns have more of a need for a versatile chess piece and leader like Minkah in the secondary than front seven guy in Chubb.

After Lorenzo's Combine, I have no doubt he will find a home in the top 32. That workout was merely insane. I knew he was special athlete, but that was as elite as they come. That was without agility scores though, which are more important if he is going to be a pure pass rusher as opposed to off-ball backer. Zo was reportedly red-flagged by teams at the Combine, which may explain his poor sophomore season after a quality freshman campaign. Maybe we'll learn more soon regarding that as that seems to be the only thing that might push him down boards at this point.

Actually i am intrigued a little what all do you have the Falcons doing in FA to make this a somewhat realistic pick?   The only way i could see it happening is if we picked up a OG, DT, WR, and maybe a TE in FA.  Do you have grabbing atleast 3 to possibly all 4 of those positions in FA and if so who do you think we will pick up. 

No trolling and stuff from you this time im really interested in a serious conversation on what all you see us doing to make this possible i want a real football discussion from you.

8 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Actually i am intrigued a little what all do you have the Falcons doing in FA to make this a somewhat realistic pick?   The only way i could see it happening is if we picked up a OG, DT, WR, and maybe a TE in FA.  Do you have grabbing atleast 3 to possibly all 4 of those positions in FA and if so who do you think we will pick up. 

No trolling and stuff from you this time im really interested in a serious conversation on what all you see us doing to make this possible i want a real football discussion from you.

DT- Sheldon Richardson

OG- Josh Kline

WR- Terelle Pryor

TE- Ian Thomas (fourth round)

9 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

DT- Sheldon Richardson

OG- Josh Kline

WR- Terelle Pryor

TE- Ian Thomas (fourth round)

Sold if we could pull that off i'll gladly take Jackson in round 1.   Although i think i would prefer gesicki at TE in round 2 then  a NT like BJ. Jill in round 3 then a RB or Og in round 4.    The problem i am worried about on this is how do we get that kind of money to get all 3 of those guys lol.

33 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Sold if we could pull that off i'll gladly take Jackson in round 1.   Although i think i would prefer gesicki at TE in round 2 then  a NT like BJ. Jill in round 3 then a RB or Og in round 4.    The problem i am worried about on this is how do we get that kind of money to get all 3 of those guys lol.

I could certainly see this scenario happening. My main point (my very first Mock had Ward slipping there) was more about talent than biggest need. Trufant and Alford are good, yes. But the Falcons are in one of arguably the best QB divisions in football with having to face Brees, Jameis, and Cam. 

Until Goedert puts in a full workout, I am not sure a team would be comfortable taking him 1st round. Gronk fell to the 2nd round despite working out fully because he had an injury history and Goedert isn't as good as Gronk. Dallas keeps getting banged up and that has to worry teams. I would love to see Gesicki go 1st round and think he deserves it for a team smart enough to use him as a Jimmy Graham type, but I get that he is limited, doesn't block well (at all), and likely won't go in the 1st because of it.

In this Mock, Josh Jackson and Jaire' Alexander are both there, whereas the top three DT and top three OG are all off the board. Guys like B.J. Hill and Austin Corbett will be in play, but some people believe Jackson or Alexander may be the best corners in this class (I still like Ward, but the other two have their believers). Sometimes it's about pure talent over pure need.

13 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Cut Andy Levitre (save $7 million), cut Matt Schaub (save $3.25 million), cut Jack Crawford (save $1.5 million), and cut Levine Toilolo (save $2.5 million). Atlanta's cap space is up to $29 million.

Terrelle Pryor will get much less than he made in Washington coming off a disappointing, unproductive season and ankle surgery. It's more likely he re-signs with Cleveland though to get his career back on track unless winning as a backup is what he wants right now. He likely would be a decent signing for Atlanta but at this point not necessarily a major difference maker in his first season.

Substitute Marqise Lee for Terrelle Pryor if Pyor signs elsewhere. Lee will probably get $6 million annually I would estimate. Pryor will get more from the Browns per year.

Kline has bloodlines to Dimitrov from thr Titans Jon Robinson's days with the Patriots. Contract wise, Kline could be looking at about $8 million a year, but in Atlanta he may be agreeable to starting at a lower first year cap hit in exchange fir more guaranteed

The rest of the cap could go to Richardson and signing rookies. There may need to be a little more cap savings available however, so extentions/restructured deals for Matt Ryan and Jake Matthews.

6 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Oh, and I think Foles ends up going to Buffalo

Assuming we gave up a 2nd and something to do this? If so, I'd rather go DT or WR paired with Miller at OT. The jury is still out on Lawson and Hughes can be productive with better DT play. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Assuming we gave up a 2nd and something to do this? If so, I'd rather go DT or WR paired with Miller at OT. The jury is still out on Lawson and Hughes can be productive with better DT play. 

It's going to take (at least) one of the 1st to get Foles. Somebody is going to bite. It's just whether or not the Eagles want to hang on to a high level back-up QB or bolster the roster elsewhere.

Archived