Allen Robinson will not receive Franchise Tag as per Rapoport

mistakey

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

WR-Gordon,Pryor,Robinson,Coleman,Higgins 

id sign both Pryor and Robinson and Not draft a WR this year. 

That would be a prime WR core capable of taking over games. 

Most teams keep at least 6 WR’s and given our immense draft capital, I’d still draft someone, preferably between 33-65.

There’s a lot of talent between the guys I bolded, but no long term sure things. 

Bringing in a prospect with starting ability in round 2/3 would allow him to be brought along a bit slower as he’d be down the depth chart, but could still get PT (someone’s going to get hurt, even if it’s just a week or two type of a thing) and makes sure our young QB has a plethora of talented options to make his job as easy as possible. It also starts planning for the future if guys like Coleman do bust out or if Gordon messes up or whatever.

21 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I read somewhere, Washington is going to be all over him

Washington is under a lot of financial stress. It doesn't mean they won't offer him a big contract, but I'm very confident we will have the highest dollar amount attached to his name by a pretty significant margin. Or at least I hope. I'm usually pretty stingy on FA's, but not ones that are 25 years old and fill a huge need for us. Pay him top dollar and cross WR off the "needs" list. All we'd need outside of Robinson is 4/5/6 depth at the position. Draft a few guys late or let Coates/Louis/Higgins eat those roster spots. They're not terrible in terms of depth.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Most teams keep at least 6 WR’s and given our immense draft capital, I’d still draft someone, preferably between 33-65.

There’s a lot of talent between the guys I bolded, but no long term sure things. 

Bringing in a prospect with starting ability in round 2/3 would allow him to be brought along a bit slower as he’d be down the depth chart, but could still get PT (someone’s going to get hurt, even if it’s just a week or two type of a thing) and makes sure our young QB has a plethora of talented options to make his job as easy as possible. It also starts planning for the future if guys like Coleman do bust out or if Gordon messes up or whatever.

DJ Chark would be that perfect R2/3 WR to bring along slowly. He's raw and will need some time, but he's got the height of Josh Gordon and the speed of Corey Coleman. A perfect insurance policy for either of those guys.

Is anyone else convinced we've seen the last of bad Josh Gordon? I have a feeling he's dropped the drug issues for good. Total hunch with zero factual basis, but I think we're out of the rough water in terms of Gordon's off-field issues.

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

DJ Chark would be that perfect R2/3 WR to bring along slowly. He's raw and will need some time, but he's got the height of Josh Gordon and the speed of Corey Coleman. A perfect insurance policy for either of those guys.

Is anyone else convinced we've seen the last of bad Josh Gordon? I have a feeling he's dropped the drug issues for good. Total hunch with zero factual basis, but I think we're out of the rough water in terms of Gordon's off-field issues.

Honestly I think there are a lot of WR's in the 2nd that would be worth a shot even while getting Robinson and Pryor.

DJ Moore, DJ Clark, Anthony Miller, Equanimous St. Brown, I'm a fan of a lot of guys who may not be #1 WR's....

Just now, CBrownsman said:

Honestly I think there are a lot of WR's in the 2nd that would be worth a shot even while getting Robinson and Pryor.

DJ Moore, DJ Clark, Anthony Miller, Equanimous St. Brown, I'm a fan of a lot of guys who may not be #1 WR's....

I just put out a mock where we get Chark at the top of the 2nd round and Robinson in FA. With our late round picks we bring in Braxton Berrios and Antonio Callaway. What a nasty group.

WR: Robinson/Gordon/Coleman/Chark/Callaway/Berrios

Perfect blend of size, speed, upside, veterans, youth, and XYZ versatility. I'd love to move Coleman to the slot. Berrios is the quintessential slot WR where Chark profiles as an X and Callaway as the Z. Makes me hard.

If we are planning to draft a QB at 1, then I am all about overpaying for a top FA WR like Robinson, and also bringing in another 1st-2nd tier FA O-lineman.  Maybe a TE who can block and isn't a total dud in the passing game. 

Give this guy a nice signing bonus and let's go. 

2 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

If we are planning to draft a QB at 1, then I am all about overpaying for a top FA WR like Robinson, and also bringing in another 1st-2nd tier FA O-lineman.  Maybe a TE who can block and isn't a total dud in the passing game. 

Give this guy a nice signing bonus and let's go. 

We don't need a TE. Njoku is 20 years old. Give him some time to develop. DeValve is a great TE2 option as a receiver. Telfer is a great in-line blocker if we really need some run blocking. Njoku, in time, will be that dual-threat.

And TE's that can block in-line AND catch passes go in the 1st round. Those guys are extremely rare, especially with the way CFB is now.

46 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Based on his combine numbers in the jumps, he seems to fit what Dorsey likes in that department.  Chris Conley being a common comp as well.  I think he’d be great.

46 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Maybe, but I wouldn’t go that far yet.  I hope so.

Even though we traded for Jarvis Landry, I would still like to sign Allen Robinson.  I'd rather have Landry and Robinson as insurance for Gordon and Coleman then to be left high and dry due to suspension or injury.

Peace!!!

7 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Even though we traded for Jarvis Landry, I would still like to sign Allen Robinson.  I'd rather have Landry and Robinson as insurance for Gordon and Coleman then to be left high and dry due to suspension or injury.

Peace!!!

I would like to sign Robinson even if all our current WRs do well.  Let's score some points

4 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Agreed. Sitting on our hands and savin' dat money hasn't worked out for us.

Let's go after some blue chip FA for once.

It makes a ton of sense especially if we plan to draft a QB at 1.  We need to set up a young promising QB to succeed for once

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

For all we know he is damaged goods.

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. He flashed big time but looked like a nobody last year. I wouldn't give him big money, and I believe someone will so I'd pass personally. Most of the forum seems to want him, but there are several players I'd rather throw money at. I'm down to throw our 4th and a late 2019 pick for Kyle Fuller if Chicago doesn't want to pay him top dollar.

I think the way to go with someone like Allen is two year high paying deal. That way if the injury is a problem we are not stuck with him for ages. Also it’ a chance for him to prove him self and get a big time deal in two years while still young

Archived