RamPackFan - Post Combine Mock (as is - no trades)

RamPackFan

1/23 – Josh Jackson – CB/Iowa  - paired with Peters? Nasty combo (see Jags)

3/87 – Lorenzo Carter – OLB/Georgia (or Shaquem Griffin?)- replacement for Quinn

4/111 - Josey Jewell – LB/Iowa - immediate starter to pair with Ogletree in the middle. Could easily fall into 4th due to disappointing combine

5/160 – Will Clapp – OL/LSU - Sullivan's future replacement/also can fill in at guard

6/183 – Alex Cappa – OL/Humboldt - guard and future OT as he matures

6/194 - Lowell Lutulelei – DT/Utah - gap filler with good upside

6/195 – Kyle Hicks – RB/TCU - good 3rd down guy who can make plays in the receiving game as well 

6/198 – Kendall Joseph – LB/Clemson - back up/rotational guy

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
XWR: Sammy Watkins
ZWR: Robert Woods
SLWR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Gerald Everett
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan / Clapp
RG: Jamon Brown / Cappa
RT: Rob Havenstein

SDE: Morgan Fox 
NT: Michael Brockers
DT: Aaron Donald
WOLB: Lorenzo Carter
WILB: Alec Ogletree
SILB: Josey Jewell
SOLB: Connor Barwin
LCB: Marcus Peters
RCB: Josh Jackson
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: John Johnson III

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

10 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I like Jackson but the Rams desperately need EDGE rusher so I think Harold or Key is appropriate in the 1st round. I’d even take Hubbard. If the Rams don’t go pass rusher in the 1st round then I could see them going OL. 

I'm totally with you there (edge rusher) but after messing around with the top 100 picks...there are quite of few talented edge rushers who are in the 75-100 range. Many peoploe even have Hubbard and Landry projected in the mid 2nd to early 3rd range.  That being said, CB's fall off quite a bit and if we can pair Peters with our 1st pick then pick a solid edge guy with our 2nd pick (even if we use some of our later picks to move up?) I think we can really maximize and fill some needs

19 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

I'm totally with you there (edge rusher) but after messing around with the top 100 picks...there are quite of few talented edge rushers who are in the 75-100 range. Many peoploe even have Hubbard and Landry projected in the mid 2nd to early 3rd range.  That being said, CB's fall off quite a bit and if we can pair Peters with our 1st pick then pick a solid edge guy with our 2nd pick (even if we use some of our later picks to move up?) I think we can really maximize and fill some needs

I see your point. It will be interesting to see what moves the Rams make when FA starts. I don’t necessarily think it will have an impact on which way the Rams will go with the 1st round pick but answering some questions will definitely help. But I do agree pairing Jackson with Peters would be very nice.

Honestly, if we got Carter in the 3rd and Jackson in the 1st, I'd be pretty darn happy.  With Carter's performance at the combine, I can't see him falling to the end of the 3rd however, there is 1st round talk with him now.  And interestingly, there is no FA in this mock but it does appear NRC was resigned as well as Watkins, so probably a good haul.

1 hour ago, Flatlyner said:

Honestly, if we got Carter in the 3rd and Jackson in the 1st, I'd be pretty darn happy.  With Carter's performance at the combine, I can't see him falling to the end of the 3rd however, there is 1st round talk with him now.  And interestingly, there is no FA in this mock but it does appear NRC was resigned as well as Watkins, so probably a good haul.

and now there's talk about how disappointing Jackson's performace was and that he may fall out of first round.  It's still really hard to tell where exactly these guys will land. Harold Landry, for instance, I've seen going anywhere from mid 1st to late 2nd. Still a lot of time between now and then. Heck, even Shaquem Griffen could be a good pick with our 3rd - but even he might go in the 2nd with what he's done. 

Archived