Ace's 7 rd Mock draft (1.0) with trade down!

Redskins trade 1st round pick #13 to Patriots for 1st round #31, 2nd round #43 & 3rd round #95.

1st #31)DT, Alabama, DaRon Payne

2nd #43)CB, Ohio St, Denzel Ward

2nd #44)OG, Georgia, Isaiah Wynn

3rd #95)RB, Georgia, Nick Chubb

4th #113)WR, Colorado St, Michael Gallup

5th #149)ILB, Virginia, Micah Kizer

6th #188)QB, Western Kentucky, Mike White

7th #231)DE/DT, N.C.St., Kentavius Street

I think that trade down scenario is very unlikely.  

I don't see how Payne falls to 31. 

Denzel Ward will go in the top 15 picks in the draft, there's no way he's there in the 2nd.  

I like Wynn, but again I doubt he's there for our 2nd, definitely not there for the Pats 2nd. 

Chubb had a great combine, he'll likely be gone before our 2nd round pick.  No way he's there in the 3rd.  

I like Micah Kizer, not familiar with the rest of the guys.  

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think that trade down scenario is very unlikely.  

I don't see how Payne falls to 31. 

Denzel Ward will go in the top 15 picks in the draft, there's no way he's there in the 2nd.  

I like Wynn, but again I doubt he's there for our 2nd, definitely not there for the Pats 2nd. 

Chubb had a great combine, he'll likely be gone before our 2nd round pick.  No way he's there in the 3rd.  

I like Micah Kizer, not familiar with the rest of the guys.  

The Patriots have another 2nd rounder.

I thought about the Bills, but if they trade up with their arsenal of picks? It will probably be to climb into the top 10, if not top 5.

Patriots will surprise sometimes & make moves to trade up.

Denzel Ward is mocked most places in the top 15. Wynn is a first round pick alot of places as well. I don't mind trading down, but if you do, you have the accept the fact you're probably not getting alot of the top tier guys, but rather getting value via volume of the second tier guys. 

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

The Patriots have another 2nd rounder.

I thought about the Bills, but if they trade up with their arsenal of picks? It will probably be to climb into the top 10, if not top 5.

Patriots will surprise sometimes & make moves to trade up.

Its not the team you chose, its that usually teams won't trade multiple picks in the current draft to move up.  It usually involves future picks instead.

1 minute ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Denzel Ward is mocked most places in the top 15. Wynn is a first round pick alot of places as well. I don't mind trading down, but if you do, you have the accept the fact you're probably not getting alot of the top tier guys, but rather getting value via volume of the second tier guys. 

This too.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

top 15? I guess maybe so...

I know Fitzpatrick, James, Jackson could go high...for DB's

Then you have 5 QB's, a Guard, tackle, etc.

A lot of people have Ward over Jackson for the top CB in the draft.  Also, there's usually 4-5 CBs that go in the first round every year.  So Ward is at worst the 2nd CB in this class.  There's no way he makes it to the 2nd round IMO.

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

A lot of people have Ward over Jackson for the top CB in the draft.  Also, there's usually 4-5 CBs that go in the first round every year.  So Ward is at worst the 2nd CB in this class.  There's no way he makes it to the 2nd round IMO.

He's been a popular choice for the 49ers at pick 9. I'd be happy with Ward at 13, but I don't even know if we'd be able to get him there.

39 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

What are the Patriots trading up for?

They like their D-line

possibly Vita, but perhaps one of those top CB's with the problems with Butler.

I doubt they would go QB, but Brady is getting old. Garapolo is gone now.

Archived