Eifert

Johnny Nix

Who in their right mind would give Eifert $15 million a year?  It'd be under $10 million to franchise him, and that's paying him like a top 5 TE, which he isn't with his injury history.  Offer a 2-3 year deal worth about $5-6 mil a year IF you think he might be able to stay healthy. 

3 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Just trying to gauge who wants him back. What do you think would be a fair deal to retain him? 

I feel like a 3 year 45 mil contract with an injury opt out or something to do with incentives. 

Are you nuts?  $15 million per year for a guy who historically plays less than half of the games he's been signed for???

I'd start around $7-8 mill and cut it in half based on playing time, not double it.

How about $5 mill guaranteed with 350k per game started and finished.

1 hour ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

I would give him a 1 year deal, with a low base pay, but a lot of incentives.  If he plays 16 games I would make it equivalent to the franchise tag number.

But sign him or not, I'm drafting a TE on Friday and hoping it's Gesicki.

I agree. But after his Combine I don’t think Gesicki lasts till the 3rd

I'd think Eifert is worth something like $8 mil per year if he stays healthy. I'd offer him a 2 year deal. Year 1 is vet minimum plus per game roster bonuses to bring it up to 8 mil. Year 2 is similar with a 1 mil option bonus due on day 1 of the league year. 

19 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

There is a rumor mentioned on a Bengals board the Raiders are interested. 

Raiders, Bucs, and Patriots.  Those 3 seem to be the teams that get a lot of ex-Bengals.

Although I hope by now the Bucs have learned their lesson...xD

With Eifert, if you bring him back, you have to have a strong option at your 3rd TE spot because he's only going to play 4 games or so.  And he won't be around for the playoffs.

Incentive laden deal, and draft someone in the 3rd or 4th.  That's the only way.

I'd probably let him walk.  But i understand if the team brings him back.

Archived