Eifert

Johnny Nix

6 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

according to his instagram he has never felt better :)

Got into a bit of a back and fourth with @Rebecca_Toback , one of the CincyJungle writers, on twitter about Eifert a couple of days ago.  She wrote a tweet about how it's odd there's not more rumors about Eifert in FA.  I responded he probably can't pass a physical for most teams right now and will end up signing a 1 year deal.  She didn't seem to agree and said Eifert says he's healthy and has no reason to lie.  I said there is a reason there's little interest and why he's posting pictures of himself working out all the time...

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Got into a bit of a back and fourth with @Rebecca_Toback , one of the CincyJungle writers, on twitter about Eifert a couple of days ago.  She wrote a tweet about how it's odd there's not more rumors about Eifert in FA.  I responded he probably can't pass a physical for most teams right now and will end up signing a 1 year deal.  She didn't seem to agree and said Eifert says he's healthy and has no reason to lie.  I said there is a reason there's little interest and why he's posting pictures of himself working out all the time...

That could easily be an issue. But I think teams didnt want to pay him what he wanted or give him a long term deal. This is the best decision for both. He can prove he is healthy and make a big pay day. And stay where he has the best rapport with the QB

22 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

That could easily be an issue. But I think teams didnt want to pay him what he wanted or give him a long term deal. This is the best decision for both. He can prove he is healthy and make a big pay day. And stay where he has the best rapport with the QB

I hope I'm wrong.  But I wouldn't be surprised if this played out similar to the Brandon Thompson 1-year deal.  Started on PUP and didn't even play, but that meant he was still under contract for the following season.  I don't think it'll be the drastic.  I'm thinking Eifert will still start the year on PUP though...

Archived