Crazy Carolina off season

J_E_T_$

as a jets fan that lives in Carolina, Ive come to think of the Panthers as my second team, so here is a crazy idea I got while talking to some other Panther fans.  This is just a dream and would never happen, but fun to think about!

TRADES

Cam Newton to Cleveland for #1, #4 and #36, he is very good, but we get out from his $21+ contract per year and get a top rookie QB for $5 per year for 4 years.  I think Cleveland does it just to make a splash and they have SOOOOOOOO much cap room that he doesn't even make a dent in the cap.  Win/Win IMO.

It creates $6 more in current cap space this year and $24 million in cap space next year, yes go check on overthgcap, 

TRADE #2

PICKS R2/PICK 32 AND R3/PICK 24 FOR JARVIS LANDRY, WITH MCCAFFERTY AND LANDRY, LIFE IS EASY ON A ROOKIE QB AS HE GROWS, LOTS OF QUICK PASSES MAKES LIFE EAZY

RESIGNING

D. ANDERSON - 3 YR/ $1.5M PER, HE MIGHT START SOME GAMES WITH A ROOKIE, HE MAY JUST BE A GOOD BACK-UP

Brenton Bersin - 1 YR/ $1.5 PER, TIME TO SHOW YOU BELONG OR TIME TO MOVE ON

Ed Dickson - 4 YR/ $3M PER, HE SHOWED IF GREG OLSEN GOES DOWN, HE CAN STEP UP

Julius Peppers - 2 YR/ $4M PER, HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE ELSE AND SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT IN THE 1ST PLACE

Andrew Norwell - 6 YR/ $10M PER, HE IS A TOP 3 OG AND IS GOING TO GET PAID LIKE IT, THIS MIGHT BE A LITTLE LOW BUT HOPING FOR A HOME TEAM DISCOUNT AND LOTS OF THE $$$ GUARENTEED, MAYBE THE FIRST 4 YEARS 100% WILL GET HIM TO STAY

JARVIS LANDRY - 4 YR/ $14M PER, MORE THEN ALSHON JEFFERY SIGNED FOR, PUTS HIM IN TOP 7 PAID WR

FREE AGENCY

AFTER THOSE TEAM SIGNINGS, WE SHOULD HAVE ABOUT $16M IN CAP SPACE, KNOWING WE CAN BACK LOAD A CONTRACT WITH ALL THE SPACE COMING NEXT YEAR, WE COULD SIGN 2 MAJOR FA IF NEEDED

RB - Alfred Morris - 3YR/ $3M PER, CLOSE TO THE  SAME CONTRACT HE SIGNED PREVIOUSLY WITH DALLAS, A GOOD COMPLIMENT TO MCCAFFERTY, A BETWEEN TO NUMBERS POWER RUNNER

CB - Trumaine Johnson - 4YR/ $15 PER, I KNOW CB IS NOT A PRESSING NEED, BUT WITH TJ, WORLEY, AND BRADBERRY, YOU WOULD HAVE THE BEST 3 MAN CB GROUP IN ALL FOOTBALL, MAKE A STRENGTH EVEN STRONGER

ILB - Karlos Dansby - 2YR/ $1.5M PER - THE THINK THAT SCARES ME MOST ABOUT THE PANTHERS IS LUKES MULTIPLE CONCUSSIONS, DANSBY IS A SMART VETERAN ILB THAT CAN BE OUR INSURANCE POLICY

DRAFT

TRADE #1 TO DENVER FOR #5, R2/#8 & R3 #7, STOCKPILE PICKS, STILL GET A GOOD QB AND LOADS OF CHEAP TALENT!!!!

1 - DENVER - QB - SAM DARNOLD

2 - NYG - RB S. BARKLEY

3 - INDY - DE B CHUBB

4 - CAROLINA - QB JOSH ROSEN, YOUNG GREAT QB FOR THE FUTURE

5 - CAROLINA - S. MINKAH FITZPATRICK, SAFTEY IS OUR BIGGEST WEAK POINT, AND HE IS THE BEST AVAILABLE

24 - CAROLINA - RB - D GUICE, 3 HEADED RB BY COMMITTEE

2ND ROUND

#8 - OLB - DORANCE ARMSTRONG JR, BACK UP THIS YEAR, REPLACE T DAVIS AFTER HE RETIRE NEXT

#23 - OT - KOLTON MILLER, SOMEONE TO PUSH M KALIL BECAUSE HE WAS BAD

3RD ROUND

#7 - DE - DUKE EJIOFOR, FUTURE STARTER

#21 - OC - JAMES DANIELS, A REPLACEMENT FOR MATT KALIL NEXT YEAR

4TH ROUND

NONE

5TH ROUND

#24 - OG - BRIAN ALLEN, FOR DEPTH

6TH ROUND

#23 - K - DAN CARLSON

7TH ROUND

#16 - P - JK SCOTT

#24 - WR - Jake Wieneke, HUGE COLLEGE NUMBERS ALTHOUGH AT A SMALL SCHOOL

DEPTH CHART

QB - J ROSEN/ D ANDERSON

RB - D GUICE/MCCAFFERTY/A MORRIS/F WHITTAKER

WR - FUNCHESS/J LANDRY/R SHEPPARD/B BERSIN/WEINKE

TE - G OLSEN/E DICKSON

OT - K MILLER/D WILLIAMS/M KALIL/

OG - NORWELL/TURNER/B ALLEN

OC - KALIL/DANIELS

DE - J PEPPERS/ADDISON/D EJIOFOR/W HORTON/ B COX JR

DT - SHORT/ V BUTLER/ LOVE

OLB - T DAVIS/SHAQ/ARMSTRONG JR/MAYO/

ILB - KUECKLEY/DANSBY

CB - T JOHNSON/WORLEY/BRADBERRY/MUNNERLYN/GUNTER/

S - M FITZPATRICK/M ADAMS/C JONES

K - D KARLSON

P - JK SCOTT

I'm probably not the guy to respond to this sort of thing because I'm not really into the sports fantasy thing. Not only would they team not trade Cam, I also don't think you could get all of that out of Cleveland for him considering his injury history as it relates to his age and contract. So this was hard for me to engage with. But I support your enthusiasm and just the fact that you're posting a topic haha. 

Also, Christian is a McCaffery. 

3 hours ago, panther dude said:

I'm probably not the guy to respond to this sort of thing because I'm not really into the sports fantasy thing. Not only would they team not trade Cam, I also don't think you could get all of that out of Cleveland for him considering his injury history as it relates to his age and contract. So this was hard for me to engage with. But I support your enthusiasm and just the fact that you're posting a topic haha. 

Also, Christian is a McCaffery. 

I agree 100% with you, they wouldn't trade him in the real world, but it was a fun what if

Archived