The Jamal Adams Appreciation Thread

Bianconero

21 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I know you’re not a big fan of PFF but they have Maye graded at 77.2 and Adams 72.7.  At this point their grades fluctuate. Last week Adams was at 81.7 and their highest rated rookie safety but he dropped because of the poor Cleveland game. Btw, Brooks has a 79.6  and was the AFC defensive  player of week 3 but hasn’t seen much action since. 

Gilchrist is currently graded higher than all of them at 81.5. The other rd1/2 rookies safety grades are Hooker at 79.5, Marcus Williams at 79.0, Pepper at 38.0 and Baker in limited snaps at 46.1.

I expect Adams to bounce back from the Cleveland game,  hopefully this week since he will probably be responsible for guarding Gronk.

Understandable but you see how skewed it became because of one game. Adams has done a lot more than Maye, who's been good as well. Maye had a rough start to the year. Both have been phenomenal in terms of meeting expectations.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:33 PM, doumeyer said:

So far this year Maye is outplaying Adams. I not saying Maye is a better player, but he has been the better safety, so far.

I just made a simple statement, and it turn into this silly debate. It is like asking who is better Ted Williams or Joe Di Maggio. The only reason I said something about Maye is the Kid always seems to be in the right place and breaking up passes & he is a outstanding tackler. I don't want to start another debate but I must say Davis was a force in last weeks game.

41 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

The safeties are changing the overall outlook of the entire defense, which is what I suspect management had in mind when they spent our first two picks on the both of them.

So far, so good.

Safeties are there to clean up other players screw-ups, and so far Maye has done that, didn't like the pick taking two safeties in a row, but the kid is one hell of a player.

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Safeties are there to clean up other players screw-ups, and so far Maye has done that, didn't like the pick taking two safeties in a row, but the kid is one hell of a player.

Davis has looked great so far this season and Lee has liked quite a bit better the last couple weeks. So the central part of our defense is becoming a huge strength. Oddly our slime has shown weakness at times. Leo and Mo still without a sack.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Davis has looked great so far this season and Lee has liked quite a bit better the last couple weeks. So the central part of our defense is becoming a huge strength. Oddly our slime has shown weakness at times. Leo and Mo still without a sack.

Yea  I thought it was only me I agree Davis look great last Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the big thing is there blitzing Davis a lot more which is what he was doing under Rex. Lee looks like he's stepped up big. This week will be the real test against NE style of offense

20 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Safeties are there to clean up other players screw-ups

At the most basic premise of the position, sure. But watching a few Jets games this year it looks like they're asking Adams to do a lot more than just "clean up" after other people. He's out wide in single coverage against the most dominant TE in the league. He's blitzing off the edge. Looks like he's being tasked with a lot.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

At the most basic premise of the position, sure. But watching a few Jets games this year it looks like they're asking Adams to do a lot more than just "clean up" after other people. He's out wide in single coverage against the most dominant TE in the league. He's blitzing off the edge. Looks like he's being tasked with a lot.

Yea both these safeties look like their being asked to do a lot. Both already look way better than Pryor ever did.

Yea both of the two new safeties have been all over the field, Maye is the big surprise this kid can tackle & cover. Adams had a bad time against Gronk, but no one can cover Gronk. The Jets put Lee on Gronk, for a while and got away with pass interference when he broke up a pass to Gronk. Just hope we can keep Adams & Maye together for a long time.

Archived