The Jamal Adams Appreciation Thread

Bianconero

25 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Exactly.  There's been a ton of reports saying that his attitude isn't scaring people off either.  This guy wouldn't be talked about as a top 10 pick if he had major on or off-field concerns.  He had one off-field incident and while he has been immature at times on the field, everyone thinks he's coachable.  You look at a guy like Jameis.  Still immature on the field at times and does dumb things, but for the most part, he's been kept in check.  Just once in a blue moon, the team gets poor publicity.  If Mayfield can be a top 10 QB, even if he has incidents here or there, who cares as long as it's nothing major off the field.

The guys is the furthest thing from humble. I believe to play at the NFL every player has a certain amount of confidence/cockiness about themselves. And that’s why they’ve made it to the highest stage. But there’s a difference when you disrespect the game and opponents continuously. It’s not 1 incident. He’s had several incidents of him respecting opponents. You think his NFL teammates will react the way his college ones did? I think absolutely not. You’re a pro now. Not a college boy. He very well might become humble... but everything he’s shown until now doesn’t show humility. It’s shows he’s arogant with no respect for opponents.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

The guys is the furthest thing from humble. I believe to play at the NFL every player has a certain amount of confidence/cockiness about themselves. And that’s why they’ve made it to the highest stage. But there’s a difference when you disrespect the game and opponents continuously. It’s not 1 incident. He’s had several incidents of him respecting opponents. You think his NFL teammates will react the way his college ones did? I think absolutely not. You’re a pro now. Not a college boy. He very well might become humble... but everything he’s shown until now doesn’t show humility. It’s shows he’s arogant with no respect for opponents.

Have you ever heard him interview?  He's cocky on the field, not off.   Go do a poll and see if how many are concerned about his antics.  I assure you, it won't be much.  Go read reports.  Have any reports stated that teams won't draft him?  Nope.  If he's such a headcase, why is he getting picked so high?  There's a reason guys like Chad Kelly go undrafted.  He had a few incidents where he was arrogant on the field; no doubt about it.  But there's a reason why coaches love him and his teammates love him.  As long as he's not costing your team penalties, etc. with his antics, which he hasn't done, then who cares?

Archived