The Jamal Adams Appreciation Thread

Bianconero

Yeah he was good, he and the other kid missed badly on a tackle on Richard but apart from that I liked him in coverage. Thought he did a lot of shadow coverage which doesn't show up on the stat sheet but is a rare skill in a young player. Made DC go outside but with his arm and Crab playing like that it worked. 

2 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

Yeah he was good, he and the other kid missed badly on a tackle on Richard but apart from that I liked him in coverage. Thought he did a lot of shadow coverage which doesn't show up on the stat sheet but is a rare skill in a young player. Made DC go outside but with his arm and Crab playing like that it worked. 

That was Burris who whiffed on that tackle not Maye

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, ekill08x said:

Jamal made more of a difference in one game than Pryor did in his whole tenor here. Him and Maye will help this defense for years. Get a pass rusher and some offense and this team will be able to compete. 

So far this year Maye is outplaying Adams. I not saying Maye is a better player, but he has been the better safety, so far.

52 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

No he hasn't. 

I know you’re not a big fan of PFF but they have Maye graded at 77.2 and Adams 72.7.  At this point their grades fluctuate. Last week Adams was at 81.7 and their highest rated rookie safety but he dropped because of the poor Cleveland game. Btw, Brooks has a 79.6  and was the AFC defensive  player of week 3 but hasn’t seen much action since. 

Gilchrist is currently graded higher than all of them at 81.5. The other rd1/2 rookies safety grades are Hooker at 79.5, Marcus Williams at 79.0, Pepper at 38.0 and Baker in limited snaps at 46.1.

I expect Adams to bounce back from the Cleveland game,  hopefully this week since he will probably be responsible for guarding Gronk.

15 hours ago, doumeyer said:

So far this year Maye is outplaying Adams. I not saying Maye is a better player, but he has been the better safety, so far.

I think because Adams had some tackling issues early on I'll agree but he does look like everything we hoped he'd be. These 2 safeties have given this team a whole new swagger.

2 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think because Adams had some tackling issues early on I'll agree but he does look like everything we hoped he'd be. These 2 safeties have given this team a whole new swagger.

Adams graded himself “below F” against the Browns

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jamal-adams-challenge-facing-rob-gronkowski-article-1.3559225

Archived