2018-2019 NCAA Prospect Watchlist

Shylo3716

1 hour ago, Shylo3716 said:

My list is very long.

Really?  Who do you like?

The amount NFL talent coming out next year looks lighter than 2017 and 2018 to me.

We were spoiled the last 2 years IMO.  They are all-time great.

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Really?  Who do you like?

The amount NFL talent coming out next year looks lighter than 2017 and 2018 to me.

We were spoiled the last 2 years IMO.  They are all-time great.

NCAAF 2018-2019 Watchlist

QB

SR.

Kelly Bryant Clemson

Nick Fitzgerald Mississippi State

JR.

Shea Patterson Michigan

Jarrett Stidham Auburn

Deondre Francois

Kyler Murray Oklahoma

SO.

Tua Tagovailoa Alabama

Jake Fromm Georgia

Dwayne Haskins Ohio State

FR.

Trevor Lawrence Clemson

Justin Fields Georgia

Quincy Patterson Virginia Tech

Dorian Thompson-Robinson UCLA

RB 

SR.

Bryce Love Stanford

Damien Harris Alabama 

JR.

Mike Weber Ohio State

SO.

J.K. Dobbins Ohio State

Cam Akers Florida State

FR.

Lorenzo Lingard Miami (FL)

James Cook Georgia 

WR

SR.

David Sills V West Virginia 

Deebo Samuel South Carolina

Parris Campbell Ohio State

Johnnie Dixon Ohio State

JR.

A.J. Brown Ole Miss

Ahmmon Richards Miami (FL)

Collin Johnson Texas

Theo Howard UCLA

SO.

CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma

FR.

Amon-Ra St. Brown USC

Jordyn Adams North Carolina

Mark Pope Miami (FL)

TE

JR.

Noah Fant Iowa

Tyrone Wheatley Michigan 

DE

SR.

Austin Bryant Clemson

JR.

Nick Bosa Ohio State

Clelin Ferrell Clemson

Rashan Gary Michigan

SO.

Chase Young Ohio State

DT

SR.

Christian Wilkins Clemson

JR.

Ed Oliver Houston 

Dexter Lawrence Clemson

DreMont Jones Ohio State

LB

JR.

Shaquille Quarterman Miami (FL)

SO.

Tuf Borland Ohio State

FR.

Teradja Mitchell Ohio State

CB

SR.

Michael Jackson Miami (FL)

JR.

Julian Love Notre Dame

Levonta Taylor Florida State

Damon Arnette Ohio State

SO.

Andraez Williams LSU

FR.

Patrick Surtain Jr. Alabama

Brendan Radley-Hiles Oklahoma

S

SR.

Jaquan Johnson Miami (FL)

A couple changes I'd make for guys you are watching on Ohio State:

Barron Browning over Tuf Borland or Teradja Mitchell

Austin Mack over Johnny Dixon (and maybe Bin Victor if he can find some consistency, huge upside, very low floor)

I'd also keep an eye on S Jordan Fuller at Ohio State.  Almost led the team in tackles last year despite missing a little time with an injury.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

A couple changes I'd make for guys you are watching on Ohio State:

Barron Browning over Tuf Borland or Teradja Mitchell

Austin Mack over Johnny Dixon (and maybe Bin Victor if he can find some consistency, huge upside, very low floor)

I'd also keep an eye on S Jordan Fuller at Ohio State.  Almost led the team in tackles last year despite missing a little time with an injury.

I appreciate the feedback, I’m already hipped to Victor, I composed my list on the fly and forgot about him.

Some Michigan names:

David Long and Lavert Hill, CB: Both were lockdown, with Hill getting more attention, but Long quietly having a slightly better cover season. Both are excellent athletes, and are generally stuck on an island without much safety help, and both have excelled.

Chase Winovich, DE/OLB: Gary obviously gets the publicity, but Chase took a massive step forward and became an every-down player. Not sure if he's going to add much more size, but he's got plus athleticism and had a huge leap in just his second year playing DE full-time.

Cesar Ruiz, C: Projecting that he starts here instead of Stephen Spanellis, but took Mike Onwenu's starting job down the stretch, and was generally good, with some freshmen lapses mixed in. Have faith that Warinner will allow him to unlock his potential, as he was one of the top HS centers of the past decade.

Tarik Black and Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR: Tarik Black looked like the best receiver on the team early before going down to injury, and DPJ improved as the season went on, but the QB issues didn't allow him to exploit times where he beat the corner. Still needs to work on route-running, but DPJ was the best SPARQ athlete in the country as a junior in high school, and has pure freakish athletic talent.

Zach Gentry and Sean McKeon, TE: Similar to the WRs, there were times where they were open, but the QB couldn't deliver. Gentry has tremendous speed, and McKeon put up some of the best athletic numbers in the country for a TE in high school. McKeon struggled with drops a bit, and both need to become more consistent options, but they have the talent to put up some big numbers if the passing offense can improve.

1 hour ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Some Michigan names:

David Long and Lavert Hill, CB: Both were lockdown, with Hill getting more attention, but Long quietly having a slightly better cover season. Both are excellent athletes, and are generally stuck on an island without much safety help, and both have excelled.

Chase Winovich, DE/OLB: Gary obviously gets the publicity, but Chase took a massive step forward and became an every-down player. Not sure if he's going to add much more size, but he's got plus athleticism and had a huge leap in just his second year playing DE full-time.

Cesar Ruiz, C: Projecting that he starts here instead of Stephen Spanellis, but took Mike Onwenu's starting job down the stretch, and was generally good, with some freshmen lapses mixed in. Have faith that Warinner will allow him to unlock his potential, as he was one of the top HS centers of the past decade.

Tarik Black and Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR: Tarik Black looked like the best receiver on the team early before going down to injury, and DPJ improved as the season went on, but the QB issues didn't allow him to exploit times where he beat the corner. Still needs to work on route-running, but DPJ was the best SPARQ athlete in the country as a junior in high school, and has pure freakish athletic talent.

Zach Gentry and Sean McKeon, TE: Similar to the WRs, there were times where they were open, but the QB couldn't deliver. Gentry has tremendous speed, and McKeon put up some of the best athletic numbers in the country for a TE in high school. McKeon struggled with drops a bit, and both need to become more consistent options, but they have the talent to put up some big numbers if the passing offense can improve.

How much of an impact do you think Patterson and Wheatley will make?

15 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

How much of an impact do you think Patterson and Wheatley will make?

Wheatley's generally a solid blocker, but he had injury problems last year, and didn't do a ton in the pass game. McKeon's an alright blocker, but Gentry isn't that great, so there should still be snaps for Wheatley, but he's just been kind of one-dimensional up until now.

With Patterson, I feel like he should be an easy upgrade over anyone we had last year. That being said, if you take out his numbers against non-P5 teams, he didn't exactly have a great season. I've seen him as a mix of Johnny Manziel and John O'Korn for a while now, with those two being the most extreme sides of his play. At times, he's running around and making plays like Johnny, and other times, he's bugging out of the pocket with zero pressure and blowing the play up like O'Korn. Feels like he's not always in control of his play. Since the current assumption is that he's going to be eligible, I think he'll definitely be the starter, but I'm not fully on the Shea is the Savior Train until I see more.

• 3 weeks later...

Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin is Saquon Barkley lite. Badgers are supposedly working on ways to get him more involved in the passing game so it seems like they are going to use him the way Penn State used Barkley, except on returns IIRC. Not the generational talent that Saquon is but Taylor is really, really, really damn good.

52 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin is Saquon Barkley lite. Badgers are supposedly working on ways to get him more involved in the passing game so it seems like they are going to use him the way Penn State used Barkley, except on returns IIRC. Not the generational talent that Saquon is but Taylor is really, really, really damn good.

I don't think the two are anything alike, but Taylor is an amazing RB.

Archived