2018-2019 NCAA Prospect Watchlist

Shylo3716

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin is Saquon Barkley lite. Badgers are supposedly working on ways to get him more involved in the passing game so it seems like they are going to use him the way Penn State used Barkley, except on returns IIRC. Not the generational talent that Saquon is but Taylor is really, really, really damn good.

It's Wisconsin so we can't have good skill guys but Quintez Cephus is a legit stud, and so is Taylor.

Our "overachieving heady white guy LB" who's actually a good athlete this year is Andrew Van Ginkel. He's gonna be an NFL player after this year too. And Isaiah Loudermilk is gonna be a legit 3-4 DE.

We good again.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's Wisconsin so we can't have good skill guys but Quintez Cephus is a legit stud, and so is Taylor.

Our "overachieving heady white guy LB" who's actually a good athlete this year is Andrew Van Ginkel. He's gonna be an NFL player after this year too. And Isaiah Loudermilk is gonna be a legit 3-4 DE.

We good again.

Danny Davis is legit too

2 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I don't think the two are anything alike, but Taylor is an amazing RB.

They were the same as recruits. Barkley put in a ton of work to get bigger and faster but they basically play the same. Taylor might actually end up being better, Barkley ended up struggling with reading zone schemes and got spooked every time someone got into the backfield. Taylor has been fantastic reading his blocks so far and my guess is that he won't have to ever worry about having an OL that bad at Wisconsin. 

18 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin is Saquon Barkley lite. Badgers are supposedly working on ways to get him more involved in the passing game so it seems like they are going to use him the way Penn State used Barkley, except on returns IIRC. Not the generational talent that Saquon is but Taylor is really, really, really damn good.

He actually looks a lot like Derrius Guice 

17 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We good again.

Agreed, Dude just has "it", his instincts are off the charts. He just needs to add a little bit more strength/bulk

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Agreed, Dude just has "it", his instincts are off the charts. He just needs to add a little bit more strength/bulk

I think he's like 235 or so now. So a little light in a 3-4 but honestly the dude just balls out and undersized LBs are the new trend anyway.

Didn't mention our OL, but it's back to old UW ways. David Edwards is a round 1/2 guy. Michael Dieter at C is a 2/3, and I think Tyler Biadasz probably settles in that range too. Cole Van Lanen is gonna be an NFL OT at some point, and our guards are mid round filler dudes (3-5 area) too.

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think he's like 235 or so now. So a little light in a 3-4 but honestly the dude just balls out and undersized LBs are the new trend anyway.

Didn't mention our OL, but it's back to old UW ways. David Edwards is a round 1/2 guy. Michael Dieter at C is a 2/3, and I think Tyler Biadasz probably settles in that range too. Cole Van Lanen is gonna be an NFL OT at some point, and our guards are mid round filler dudes (3-5 area) too.

From what I've read Patrick Kasl may be the best of the bunch. #1 sparq OL in the country. Was a 5.25 guy with a 4.3 shuttle and 29" vert as a 6'6 275 HS senior with no D1 strength training program yet. Those would be respectable for an NFL draft prospect and the shuttle is downright elite.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

From what I've read Patrick Kasl may be the best of the bunch. #1 sparq OL in the country. Was a 5.25 guy with a 4.3 shuttle and 29" vert as a 6'6 275 HS senior with no D1 strength training program yet. Those would be respectable for an NFL draft prospect and the shuttle is downright elite.

Yep. I was limiting it mostly to dudes that have played, and CVL, who is good enough he might get time as a blocking TE this year because they can't keep him off the field.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep. I was limiting it mostly to dudes that have played, and CVL, who is good enough he might get time as a blocking TE this year because they can't keep him off the field.

Yeah I've just heard they are considering moving Dieter back to center to let Kasl and CVL battle for the LT spot, so it's possible he could start this year.

• 3 weeks later...

For right now. List will certainly grow.

QB: J.T. Daniels, Justin Fields, Jake Fromm, Trevor Lawrence, Christian Alexander

RB: Stephen Carr, Jonathan Taylor, Cam Akers

WR: J.D. Spielman, Joseph Lewis, David Sills

DL: Ed Oliver, Austin Bryant, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Clelin Ferrell

LB: Porter Gustin, Carter Coughlin, Ryan Connelly

DB: Patrick Surtain Jr., Marvell Tell

22 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

For right now. List will certainly grow.

QB: J.T. Daniels, Justin Fields, Jake Fromm, Trevor Lawrence, Christian Alexander

RB: Stephen Carr, Jonathan Taylor, Cam Akers

WR: J.D. Spielman, Joseph Lewis, David Sills

DL: Ed Oliver, Austin Bryant, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Clelin Ferrell

LB: Porter Gustin, Carter Coughlin, Ryan Connelly

DB: Patrick Surtain Jr., Marvell Tell

No Nick Bosa, Chase Young, or Dre'Mont Jones?

Archived