2018-2019 NCAA Prospect Watchlist

Shylo3716

On 3/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, bkobow05 said:

Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin is Saquon Barkley lite. Badgers are supposedly working on ways to get him more involved in the passing game so it seems like they are going to use him the way Penn State used Barkley, except on returns IIRC. Not the generational talent that Saquon is but Taylor is really, really, really damn good.

that would be a mistake. PSU really failed to truly utilize Barkley this past.

Danny Davis from Wisconsin already made some major noise in his last game or two. I expect him to blow announce himself with ferocity this year...assuming that Hornibrook kid can get him the ball.

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We fricking had him, then you offered and he was an All-American like 2 weeks later. Still jelly.

The guy is a freak of nature, I think he pays rent and lives in the weight room. With the weight he’s putting on, if he can stay injury free, watch out. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 10:27 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think he's like 235 or so now. So a little light in a 3-4 but honestly the dude just balls out and undersized LBs are the new trend anyway.

Didn't mention our OL, but it's back to old UW ways. David Edwards is a round 1/2 guy. Michael Dieter at C is a 2/3, and I think Tyler Biadasz probably settles in that range too. Cole Van Lanen is gonna be an NFL OT at some point, and our guards are mid round filler dudes (3-5 area) too.

Beau only 3rd-5th?

On 5/2/2018 at 1:50 PM, MWil23 said:

Danny Davis from Wisconsin already made some major noise in his last game or two. I expect him to blow announce himself with ferocity this year...assuming that Hornibrook kid can get him the ball.

Wisconsin could've benefited bigtime by a grad transfer.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, freak_of_nature said:

Wisconsin could've benefited bigtime by a grad transfer.

Facts, they don't realize they could get plenty of 1 on 1 situations with the OL, Running game they have. They could really be dangerous with a Chris Chambers, Lee Evans type of threat outside.

Some Maryland names:

Ty Johnson, RB, SR - I thought he would be a threat to leave after his junior season, but he ended up coming back after getting feedback from the advisory council.  He's a home run hitter with pretty decent size.  I have compared him (w/r/t play style) to a VERY poor man's Clinton Portis (coming out of Miami and his time in Denver, not Redskins).  He should be drafted after this season.

Derwin James and Damien Prince, OTs, SRs - It was a bit of a surprise that they both came back.  Drastic QB issues at Maryland likely inhibited them from showing out as much as possible this past season.  Both likely project as RT/OG types at the next level.  Both have a great shot at going day 2 pending how they do this season.

Jesse Aniebonam, EDGE, SR - Maryland's top pass rusher.  He lost all of 2017 to injury.  Should produce big if he can stay healthy.  

Antoine Brooks, DB/LB, JR - Hybrid DB/LB who shows out on film.  Could be the type of player that NFL defenses are increasingly looking for to run base nickel.  Lead the B1G in TFL for DBs, lead the Terps in solo tackles and had 2 picks in his true sophomore season.

8 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Some Maryland names:

Ty Johnson, RB, SR - I thought he would be a threat to leave after his junior season, but he ended up coming back after getting feedback from the advisory council.  He's a home run hitter with pretty decent size.  I have compared him (w/r/t play style) to a VERY poor man's Clinton Portis (coming out of Miami and his time in Denver, not Redskins).  He should be drafted after this season.

Derwin James and Damien Prince, OTs, SRs - It was a bit of a surprise that they both came back.  Drastic QB issues at Maryland likely inhibited them from showing out as much as possible this past season.  Both likely project as RT/OG types at the next level.  Both have a great shot at going day 2 pending how they do this season.

Jesse Aniebonam, EDGE, SR - Maryland's top pass rusher.  He lost all of 2017 to injury.  Should produce big if he can stay healthy.  

Antoine Brooks, DB/LB, JR - Hybrid DB/LB who shows out on film.  Could be the type of player that NFL defenses are increasingly looking for to run base nickel.  Lead the B1G in TFL for DBs, lead the Terps in solo tackles and had 2 picks in his true sophomore season.

How about Byron Cowart?

On 6/8/2018 at 9:03 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

How about Byron Cowart?

Thought about adding, but since he's yet to play a snap at UMD, I didn't include him. Pedigree and potential are obvious, but an unknown quantity at this point. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived