The Coaches Want Rosen at 1?, & Other Serious Browns Draft Rumblings

Mind Character

Darnold is my top guy, but I'll be fine with Rosen or Mayfield. There's things to like about all of their games, but there's also notable things to be worried about when it comes to all of them.

Bradley Chubb at #1 though? Why? I definitely wouldn't be too pleased about that.

Dorsey and McCloughan have both said that they are big fans of Mayfield, so I won't be remotely surprised if he turns out to be the pick.

Sam Darnold has

better size and durability than both

the escape ability Rosen severely lacks

has arm strength on par with either

accuracy on par with either 

plays with the pro concepts that Mayfield doesnt 

there is no way in hell we should even be talking about this

44 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

JK. I'm just glad to see they're picking a QB since MindCharacter is always right apparently. 

I never claim to always be right.

In fact, I personally am wrong more than right 

However, I via info passed along from family in the business around draft time have put forth a few things that have turned out to be right on the nose.

I desperately hope the info is somewhat inaccurate but I'd put a lot of money on it being right based on apparently those that believe it has some validity (i.e., people in the Giants organization).

FWIW I have read reports other places that somewhat confirm what mind has said, I have read that Darnold fell kinda flat during the interview process and some coaches were expecting him to be further along than he actually is, and that Rosen excelled in the interview process and put the rest character concerns that some teams had, and when it came to the white board dazzled teams with his football IQ

I have been ok with any of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield from the start so no biggie on which we get to me.However, the possibility of Chubb at one I have a hard time with. But as stated above, still fairly early in the silly season so will wait and see. 

I think the Browns are in a great position with 1 and 4 and if they play free agency and the draft correctly could make a quick turnaround.

In free agency I'd definitely target Trey Burton, who any time was asked to make a play in Philly came through and is a mismatch nightmare.  

I know that Hue is high on AJ McCarron, and as long as he's a guy to help groom the QBOTF and start the season than that's another signing.

Also bring back Pryor and pair him with Gordon and hopefully Coleman can get healthy and stick him in the slot.

Take Barkley at 1 (oh no don't take a RB at number 1, right? Wrong!) In my opinion the top 3 Qbs in this class have huge ability (Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen) and you'e guaranteed one of them at 4. In the second target a RT and then fill out your defense with your remaining selections in the second and third.

Just an outsiders perspective, but I'm fascinated by what the Browns do this offseason.

fascinating read

What we are trying to do won't be in focus until after free agency, and is probably contingent on who we can pick up in free agency.  I have no problem philosophically with drafting another DE high even though we have Garrett and Ogbah.  However Chubb being our guy seems implausible to me on the surface.  The only nightmare selecting a QB #1 is that the guy will be Josh Allen and there's no mention of that here.  I'm way higher on Rosen after the combine and dismissing his lack of desire to play here; he seems like the surest thing once again.

If we pick up McCarron I think the possibility no QB will be selected by us in round 1 exists.  Hue likes him a lot and he's supposedly better than we give him credit for.  I don't think the Kizer experiment it totally squashed either.

Archived