Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

6 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

That's pretty cool.

Anyone see the trailer for the deathnote movie netflix made coming out later this month? Opinions?

On 8/3/2017 at 0:58 AM, ninjapirate said:

That's pretty cool.

Anyone see the trailer for the deathnote movie netflix made coming out later this month? Opinions?

Honestly, it looks awful. The best parts of Deathnote are Light and L's long mind game fights and if what Light is doing really is good for the world. This movie doesn't seem like it's going to be able to accurately portray any of that. Plus making it a movie was a bad idea, I think that Deathnote is best kept as a TV show.  

I just finished Darker than Black a couple days ago. It started off slow and confusing but then it got really good towards the back half of the season. Season 2 was a bit disappointing but it wasn't a bad season, just not nearly as good as season 1. 

On 8/6/2017 at 5:15 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Only anime I watch is Dragon Ball Super. Tournament of Power has been great, though today's first ten minutes was lame. I got the gist and the parodying of Sailor Moon, but still thought it went on too long.

Agreed, Super is only anime I currently watch along with Attack on Titan. Super hasn't been as good as Z but it's starting to pick up. Can't wait to see if the Angels are evil.. plus Goku snapping if more universes get destroyed. Whens the last time we've seen Goku get really really emotional or angry? It hasn't happened in Super yet and im pretty pumped up for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 3:42 PM, O'Doyle Rules said:

More than halfway done with death note. Was never much a fan of Anime but this show has changed my mind. Going to watch attack of the titan next.

Attack on Titan is pretty meh. If you're just getting into anime, I can't recommend Cowboy Bebop enough. Even 20 years after its initial release it's still one of the best anime's ever and a great entry point for getting into anime.

13 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

One Punch Man is good.

Actually chose to watch this next since it's only 12 episodes and I'm enjoying it.

Netflix doesn't have cowboy bepop unfortunately. I finished death note and while I enjoyed it I wish they went a different route after L died instead of just having another one take his place. 

4 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Actually chose to watch this next since it's only 12 episodes and I'm enjoying it.

Netflix doesn't have cowboy bepop unfortunately. I finished death note and while I enjoyed it I wish they went a different route after L died instead of just having another one take his place. 

You can watch Bebop on funimation legally and for free. one Punch man is good but it's a bit of a satire so I feel better left for when you have more experience in the genre and can appreciate how it deconstructs all the anime tropes. 

Death Note does go downhill after what happens with L unfortunately, but the ending is worth watching the rest of the series tho imo.

3 minutes ago, Geek said:

You can watch Bebop on funimation legally and for free. one Punch man is good but it's a bit of a satire so I feel better left for when you have more experience in the genre and can appreciate how it deconstructs all the anime tropes. 

Death Note does go downhill after what happens with L unfortunately, but the ending is worth watching the rest of the series tho imo.

Yeah for me death note just tried to hard to be a smart, clever show with the back and forth mind games and crazy sequences for everything to happened. Would've enjoyed it more if it went to Light having somekind on eternally conflict with what he does and the consequences of his choices in the real world. Didn't care for all this cop stuff the whole friggin time.

How's naruto?

Edited by O'Doyle Rules

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, Geek said:

Honestly, it looks awful. The best parts of Deathnote are Light and L's long mind game fights and if what Light is doing really is good for the world. This movie doesn't seem like it's going to be able to accurately portray any of that. Plus making it a movie was a bad idea, I think that Deathnote is best kept as a TV show.  

While I agree that the cat and mouse game was the best part of Death Note I'm not going to judge this movie based on the show. The director is essentially using a name brand to put out a story he wants to tell. I'm not a fan of that but I think going in with the expectation that it'll be similar to what we've seen will just ruin it for me.