Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

Watched two episodes (only two out thus far) Bofuri: I I don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out my Defense

It's a funny little anime about a girl who doesn't play VR RPG's, but decides to because of her friend is into them, but she doesn't know what she's doing, and doesn't want to get hurt, so she maxes out her defense which turns her accidentally into a great player. It's not a heavy anime, but good fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I saw Weathering With You.

Pretty good. If Your Name. is a 100, I'd give WWY an 87.

I saw it last night too. The first 2/3 of the movie was about as good as anime gets but the last third wasn't able to keep up. Still a great great movie and I'd give it a 94/100. 100% worth the price of admission and a ton of fun to see it on the big screen.

I'm most of the way through Fairy Gone now, still enjoyable. I think that the plot at times has moved a bit to slow, but the aesthetic is well done, the music is well done, and the animation is really good as well. I feel like it's some of the better facial animation that I've seen.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The Ni No Kuni movie is pretty good.

Somali and the Forest Spirit is only 2 episodes deep, but it's kinda like watching a Miyazaki anime so far. The main character is freaking adorable.

I always avoided those kind of shoes after Bunny Drop and that random *** "I'd defeat a demon lord for my daughter" shows.

Hopefully Somali doesn't follow in those footsteps. 

28 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I always avoided those kind of shoes after Bunny Drop and that random *** "I'd defeat a demon lord for my daughter" shows.

Hopefully Somali doesn't follow in those footsteps. 

Somali feels more like Made in Abyss (wholesome and fantastical, but with some impending sadness), but with Miyazaki style art. I didn't watch those other two shows, so I can't compare them. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Somali feels more like Made in Abyss (wholesome and fantastical, but with some impending sadness), but with Miyazaki style art. I didn't watch those other two shows, so I can't compare them. 

The shows are fine, it's the non-anime endings that horrify me. 

Somali is the best of the three so far though.