Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

11 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Noice!

I just got the free trial of funimation to watch Season 3. I had heard mixed reviews, but a lot of the negative ones seemed kind of questionable. Here's hoping it's still amazing as I remember it.

The first half is slow and needs to be rewatched to be fully understood. The second half is fantastic.

On 7/30/2019 at 3:48 PM, Bullet Club said:

The first half is slow and needs to be rewatched to be fully understood. The second half is fantastic.

Just finished the first 9 episodes of season 3. I enjoyed it, but yeah they definitely substituted a lot more story and character development for titan action, which I'm okay with. Very curious now to see how they wrap up the rest of the season.

• Like 1

2nd season of One Punch Man was lackluster to say the least.

Ignoring all of the design aspects of it. Truthfully I found it far less funny than the 1st season. Even so much so that I re-watched season 1 directly after finishing s2 just to see if my sense of humor changed, but no still found s1 highly entertaining.

Might start reading the manga as I'm not looking forward to another 3 year break with another possible design studio at the helm.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

2nd season of One Punch Man was lackluster to say the least.

Ignoring all of the design aspects of it. Truthfully I found it far less funny than the 1st season. Even so much so that I re-watched season 1 directly after finishing s2 just to see if my sense of humor changed, but no still found s1 highly entertaining.

Might start reading the manga as I'm not looking forward to another 3 year break with another possible design studio at the helm.

One Joke Man.

i enjoyed the start of the first season as well, but i kind of lost interest when the conceit wore thin

Just now, Malfatron said:

One Joke Man.

i enjoyed the start of the first season as well, but i kind of lost interest when the conceit wore thin

I enjoyed the over arching story. Getting the backstory of a lot of hero's was great as well.

Writing the fell flat for me though. Hopefully s3 will be a tad more enjoyable

On 8/2/2019 at 3:28 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Just finished the first 9 episodes of season 3. I enjoyed it, but yeah they definitely substituted a lot more story and character development for titan action, which I'm okay with. Very curious now to see how they wrap up the rest of the season.

Wow! Like, that was maybe the most amazing second half of a series that I have ever watched! From Erwin to Armin, Levi,  Grisha, Eren and everything in between that was just incredible. Given how long it has taken for each successive season to come out, sometimes it's easy to forget just how unique and special this anime is, but man this is a wonderful series. I just hope the rumors aren't true and WIT studio stays on to animate season 4. Please let one show this year deliver an epic, satisfying conclusion (looking at you Game of Thrones!!!).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Wow! Like, that was maybe the most amazing second half of a series that I have ever watched! From Erwin to Armin, Levi,  Grisha, Eren and everything in between that was just incredible. Given how long it has taken for each successive season to come out, sometimes it's easy to forget just how unique and special this anime is, but man this is a wonderful series. I just hope the rumors aren't true and WIT studio stays on to animate season 4. Please let one show this year deliver an epic, satisfying conclusion (looking at you Game of Thrones!!!).

Told ya ;)

• Like 1