Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

9 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

anyone know if there's a plan to add the english dub of attack on titan s3 to hulu?

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Hulu is always late to the game with dubs

Dis.

Funimation has dubs so go there. Might be shared with crunchyroll. 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:34 PM, SwoleXmad said:

Great.

Never watch a fate anime again because that's as good as it gets unless you like mobile game adaptations. 

Negative ghostrider.

Unlimited Blade Works is fantastic and Heaven's Feel movies are absolutely bat**** crazy good. Plus the Strange/Fake LN/manga is shaping up to be some of the best the fate series has to offer. Fate is going pretty strong right now.

23 hours ago, Geek said:

Negative ghostrider.

Unlimited Blade Works is fantastic and Heaven's Feel movies are absolutely bat**** crazy good. Plus the Strange/Fake LN/manga is shaping up to be some of the best the fate series has to offer. Fate is going pretty strong right now.

Fate is a great franchise it's also a terrible one if you like consistency in timelines. 

Also I've been told the best piece of media is the fate/go game from like 12 different anime people. So.... yeah I'm good.  

2 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Fate is a great franchise it's also a terrible one if you like consistency in timelines. 

Also I've been told the best piece of media is the fate/go game from like 12 different anime people. So.... yeah I'm good.  

Yea the number of timelines is pretty crazy and can be difficult to follow especially when you're new to the franchise.

0a4x51jqop831.png

Even the flow chart is difficult to follow.

Tbf Fate/Grand Order actually is really good. The writing quality starts off terrible but if you stick with it, it becomes genuinely great and far exceeds the expectations of any mobile game. The quality gets good enough down the road it is beating a lot of AAA games at their own game. That's if you have the patience to get there tho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geek said:

Yea the number of timelines is pretty crazy and can be difficult to follow especially when you're new to the franchise.

0a4x51jqop831.png

Even the flow chart is difficult to follow.

Tbf Fate/Grand Order actually is really good. The writing quality starts off terrible but if you stick with it, it becomes genuinely great and far exceeds the expectations of any mobile game. The quality gets good enough down the road it is beating a lot of AAA games at their own game. That's if you have the patience to get there tho.

My problem with fate g/o is the fact it's a mobile game. Like yeah sure the quality is probably there but also it's made 3 billion dollars since 2015 so I'd rather not waste my time on that. 

Honestly the fate franchsie is just something I avoid because none of it makes sense without a lot of prior knowledge depending on the adaptation and the OG fate anime sucks.

Watched Wise Man's Grandchild. The premise is that a person dies in the real world and wakes up in a magical world. He can then use his knowledge of how things work scientifically to improve his ability with magic. That premise technically exists throughout the show, but is generally ignored. The first 2-4 episodes are pretty solid, and then it becomes extremely standard and extremely boring fan service.

8 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Watched Wise Man's Grandchild. The premise is that a person dies in the real world and wakes up in a magical world. He can then use his knowledge of how things work scientifically to improve his ability with magic. That premise technically exists throughout the show, but is generally ignored. The first 2-4 episodes are pretty solid, and then it becomes extremely standard and extremely boring fan service.

Welcome to the Isekai genre, the truck is waiting for you around the corner.

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I really enjoyed the infotainment that is Dr. Stone. I give Season One an A-.

Fire Force is good. I'd give Season One a B+.

Fire Force is a solid show but it didn't get good until the final 6 episodes imo. 

18 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I might try KonoSuba or ReZero next.

Re:Zero has a new directors cut coming out weekly with new scenes and it's leading up to S2 in April. I'd start with that and episodes are an hour long.

Konosuba S1 is pretty good. 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:34 PM, SwoleXmad said:

Great.

Never watch a fate anime again because that's as good as it gets unless you like mobile game adaptations. 

Eh, Fate/Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works were pretty darn good. Maybe not as good as Fate/Zero, but still pretty good.

Besides those, yeah virtually every other anime adoption has been trash. Though from the few clips I've seen of Fate Babylonia, that does look fairly promising.