Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

Shield Hero is very average at best, but mostly bad. I've read the manga and it just eventually falls into all the boring isekai tropes it tried to subvert. The main hero doesn't really get any character development and the side characters just are there to add to his harem with more boring one-dimensional characters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Geek said:

Shield Hero is very average at best, but mostly bad. I've read the manga and it just eventually falls into all the boring isekai tropes it tried to subvert. The main hero doesn't really get any character development and the side characters just are there to add to his harem with more boring one-dimensional characters.

I disagree. It's not a harem, it's a monster collection. 

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

I don't know if this counts, but finally getting my wife to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender has been totally worth it. She loves it. We haven't even watched the finale yet.

Same with my wife a couple of years ago. She ended up liking it a lot and got strangely invested even though animation usually isn't her thing. The Avatar State is indeed powerful :D

Tower of God trailer just dropped. I dunno how much y'all have heard about it but it the pinnacle of shounen atm. The world-building is immense and intricate, the characters are well fleshed out, and the action gets to some pretty crazy power levels. The anime is going to be wild.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geek said:

Tower of God trailer just dropped. I dunno how much y'all have heard about it but it the pinnacle of shounen atm. The world-building is immense and intricate, the characters are well fleshed out, and the action gets to some pretty crazy power levels. The anime is going to be wild.

I really like the art

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Saw the new My Hero Academia movie tonight. Holy crap, it's really good. I thought the first movie was good, but this one blows it out of the water, imo.

There are slight spoilers for the anime itself as it's a little ahead, but nothing too egregious.

I liked the first movie. I didn't think it was great or anything.

I've yet to watch this season. I'll probably binge it when it's about to finish.

6 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Saw the new My Hero Academia movie tonight. Holy crap, it's really good. I thought the first movie was good, but this one blows it out of the water, imo.

There are slight spoilers for the anime itself as it's a little ahead, but nothing too egregious.

Agreed

• 3 weeks later...