Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

9 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, I thought that was quite interesting in how they did that. And I thought it worked pretty well, but ended up being used a few to many times in my opinion.

it did get to the point where it was telegraphed. Like you knew they would be doing it for each of them so it made it obvious when the situation came for each. 

8 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

So started watching Ultramarine Magmell or Magmel of the Sea Blue, depending on what you prefer. It has more of a Saturday morning cartoon vibe but had one of the funnier anime episodes I've seen.

that the one on netflix?

5 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Started watching Gundam Wing on Hulu. It's not terrible but some of the dialogue is really cringy and hilarious. Relena is so annoying.

Loved Gundam Wing, but G Gundam to me is still the GOAT of that franchise.

• Like 1

Wrapped up Ultramarine Magmell, got much more serious at the end of the season, was an interesting tonal shift and focus on the characters. Thought that it worked well still, was just different than the light vibe from the earlier part of the season.

I put off watching SAO because a friend said it was boring and I've read people either love it or hate it. I wouldn't say I love it but I really like it. They definitely took a risk with season 3 but it's panned out big time in season 4.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 1:24 PM, Bullet Club said:

Plunderer - Solid comedy I guess but it just felt like a 2000s anime to me. 

Re: Zero - YES. Watch the director's cut for an easier viewing expierence and the movie/OVA after. 

Tower of God - It's best episode is episode 13 and I didn't like episode 13. 

Fire Force - A good dumb Shounen with basically fire bending from avatar with a cool premise. 

All enjoyable watches. Would recommend.

Yes yes. 

4 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

That one gets better later into the season. 

This is true.