Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

On 7/7/2020 at 10:44 PM, The Gnat said:

I wrote an article for my Top 10 anime, I thought I'd share what the list was here, see what people think of most of these anime and any suggestions based off of what I like.

10. My Roommate is a Cat
9. Space Dandy
8. Dagashi Kashi
7. The Devil is a Part-Timer
6. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
5. Sword Art Online
4. Assassination Classroom
3. Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
2. Cowboy Bebop
1. Steins;Gate

Check out Erased(SG), Trigun(CB),  Baccano (CB), Hunter x Hunter(AC), Magical Senpai(DK) as well as Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, Made in Abyss, and Tatumi Galaxy as more general recommendations.

Edited by Geek
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 2:10 AM, Bullet Club said:

For the record, I've watched 49 anime and here are my top 10:

1. My Hero Academia

2. Attack on Titan

3. Seven Deadly Sins

4. Black Clover

5. Dragon Ball Z (Nostalgia)

6. The Rising of the Shield Hero

7. Naruto Shipuuden

8. The Promised Neverland

9. Death Note

10. Sword Art Online

Have you tried Hunter x Hunter? Only the first half is on Netflix but the second half of the show is some of the best anime ever. You'd probably enjoy One Punch Man, Demon Slayer, and Mob Psycho as well.

Edited by Geek
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Geek said:

Have you tried Hunter x Hunter? Only the first half is on Netflix but the second half of the show is some of the best anime ever. You'd probably enjoy One Punch Man, Demon Slayer, and Mob Psycho as well.

Love One Punch Man, and Mob Psycho. I like Demon Slayer too. I have only watched the first half of HxH and wasn't a big fan. I know I'll have to finish it for the Meruem stuff eventually.

Edited by Bullet Club

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 10:22 AM, Deadpulse said:

IMO Hunter X Hunter doesnt get good until the 2nd or 3rd arc

I always feel like I have the exact opposite opinion of the majority of HxH fans. Loved everything from the Hunter Exam arc to the Yorknew City arc, and while the Greed Island arc wasn't the best (imo), it was still enjoyable. The Chimera Ant arc totally ruined the series for me, and I know this is where a lot of others disagree with me, but I feel like everything that made the series great was tossed out the window during this arc. Glad they ended the anime shortly after this, but it was a chore for me personally to sit through that portion.

5 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I always feel like I have the exact opposite opinion of the majority of HxH fans. Loved everything from the Hunter Exam arc to the Yorknew City arc, and while the Greed Island arc wasn't the best (imo), it was still enjoyable. The Chimera Ant arc totally ruined the series for me, and I know this is where a lot of others disagree with me, but I feel like everything that made the series great was tossed out the window during this arc. Glad they ended the anime shortly after this, but it was a chore for me personally to sit through that portion.

Chimera Ant Arc is where it fell off for me to i just didn't like the pacing or Gon's personality change seemed out of character.

• 2 weeks later...

Re:Zero S2 has been phenomenal so far. I already thought that Re: Zero S1 was the best Isekai (not that that is saying much, it was still just "good" compared to other shows across the medium) but season 2 has been a huge surprise.

Also Deca-Dence is another show I'd highly recommend. It's wild ride and very original.

Edited by Geek

1 hour ago, Geek said:

Re:Zero S2 has been phenomenal so far. I already thought that Re: Zero S1 was the best Isekai (not that that is saying much, it was still just "good" compared to other shows across the medium) but season 2 has been a huge surprise.

Also Deca-Dence is another show I'd highly recommend. It's wild ride and very original.

Waiting for the Dub. I'm hyped.

If y'all aren't already reading it Chainsaw Man is probably the best manga publishing right now (well at least it's tied with Kaguya-sama for that honor). I haven't been on the edge of my seat like this since I read Berserk for the first time.

Caught up on season 2 of Fruits Basket, that is just a nice anime. Has a wholesome feel versus a lot of them, while still making some off color jokes. 

Started watching some Fairy Gone again. I think that the story is a bit scattered on the anime, but I really like the main characters, and the premise is interesting. Plus the artwork is just amazing.

• 3 weeks later...